PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 3 - Road America - 7/12/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 3 - Road America - 7/12/16 - 8PM UK time

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
For now, im doing 2:09's.... Still some tuning to do though
I just pushed out a 2:08:9... thats when i really destroy my tires, so im aiming for a 2:08:7 in Quali, but in the race ill just try and do 2:09:3/4's

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I just pushed out a 2:08:9... thats when i really destroy my tires, so im aiming for a 2:08:7 in Quali, but in the race ill just try and do 2:09:3/4's
Think you had a good plan last race: consistency! :)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Just posted my quickest time of practice that Ive done after some rather interesting setup changes worked. All that's left is to do some calculations to work on the race side of things and I'm good to go. No idea where I will be pace wise but after my last race ill be happy with anything above p5

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Your more than welcome too it partner. Set it up for good top end and heavy on the brakes. A stop may well be needed here
Yes I think a stop is necessary but I'm worried about it becuse race could be compromised. When practised in the lobby was a mate with RUF-GT3 and he didn't stop for tyre change.
I will join practise session tonight to test medium tyres

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
This track is harder on the tyres than the last 2, I'm not a fan of struggling with totally shot tyres at the end of the race, at spa if I hadn't of pitted I would still have probably got 3rd, but it was much more fun pitting & trying to fight my way back up to 3rd place

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
At least I have an escape route across the grass this time :lol:
Yes and then you end up on the grass spinning into a wall, getting damage plus a 10 second cut track penalty :p

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
One of those day where everything goes wrong.

First the start of Qualifying, i leave a gap to the guy in front to start my first flying lap.
And mr @TNR_FILO who is behind me starts his lap right behind me and tries to overtakes me on the straight.
Because of that is miss my breaking point (he shoots straight) and i spin hit the barrier and a lap ruined.
Why did you do that?? you knew i was gonna start my flying lap so why didn't you leave a gap?

After two slow flying laps i realised i didn't got to pits after i hit the barrier and must had aero damage, but was too late so qualified at p15
Race wasn't better on the formation lap my thrustmaster did not respond anymore and the car crashed, after the reset off the wheel i was half a lap behind and had to pit because of damage i tried to regain my focus and get back to racing.
But it wasn't over yet my wheel was acting strange and i did not had control over my car as had before crashed some more until it got lapt and than i was to tired to keep on going and quit the game.
A race to forget real quick.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 9th
R: DNF

Seems like Road America and Thrustmaster isn't a good combination! Was involved in a accident on first lap, had to pit with very bad steering and lots aero damage (accident was a race incident). Out from the pits and my breaks felt very strange, as if I had ABS or break pressure really low. Got somewhat adapted to that, good rythm up to the start of lap 19. All alone on the track going in to first corner when CRASH BOOM BANG, spinning in air, broken windscreen and when I stopped I was about 20 METERS UP IN THE AIR FACING THE WRONG WAY!!! Then I was in the pits, stationary like it was a practise. HUD doesn't work except mini-map. Think the accident in some ways are giving my wheel the wrong input or something. This is the 4th time similar thing has happened to me after a crash. Really, really annoying!

Well done to those who finished. Next up a nightmare called Oulton Park...in the rain :wideyed: