PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 6 - Nordschleife Full - 04/01/17 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 6 - Nordschleife Full - 04/01/17 - 8PM UK time

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying: 2nd - Had aero damage that was hindering my straight line pace and probably cost me a second or two on my quick lap but happy with second on the grid.

Race: 1st - Word of the race has to be "Teamwork". Lap one @Bauwie-050 was up my inside and I knew he was way too fast for the corner so backed off and gave @Gary Waddell a heads up that hes about to be rear ended then watched as he took out @Chicolini instead (One for the stewards for me as not only does he wipe you out he continues as if nothing happened). Settled into a steady rhythm and kept my tyres as good as I could. Built up a strong gap to 3rd over a few laps until it was around the 40 second mark. At this point I decided to bring it home as 40 seconds could get me a pit stop if anything went wrong. Then some unorthodox teamwork took place when @Gary Waddell ended up beached on a kerb after going wide and I had a radio message to nudge him off the kerb. Given that the gap was so big I slowed down and nudged him off the kerb so that we could get the 1-2 and on the last corner he slowed down and handed me the win which was very gentlemanly and also repaid the favour as I could have easily left him beached on the kerb. That's me now 2 for 2 at Nordschleiffe lol

On the whole @Bauwie-050 situation. You really need to calm it down a little. I get that its racing but there's now been a few incidents of people being rear ended on warm ups, first laps crashes etc. and its at the stage of Gary and I joke when your name pops up behind us that were getting taken out at the next corner. I also seem to remember the qualifying lap of mine that was completely ruined when I was behind you on the fast section. I was at your side and had the inside for the next corner and you squeezed me onto the grass. This happened several times until I got by and it cost me 8 seconds to my lap. I understand you may have been on a fast lap yourself but a little awareness of what's around you wouldn't go a miss. Fighting me probably cost more time than just letting me go

Now onto Brands which I don't know what to expect from. Never been one of my best tracks although I do enjoy it but the random weather may throw a curve ball.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
Now that i do realise that my racing isnt the best, hell its not even good ;)
Maybe i should make a new account then, and instead of my name being VerstappenRacing, i should chance it to AOR Maldonado ha ha ha :)

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
Maybe i should make a new account then, and instead of my name being VerstappenRacing, i should chance it to AOR Maldonado ha ha ha :)
I'm glad you realize it, but also expect you to do something about it from now on. I am almost certain that I also speak for some other people around here.

I think we've said enough about it by now and let's move on to the next race. I just hope the messages are clear to you(y)

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
You racing is good, you just need to calm down, as someone said before, you won't win the race in the first corner. (y)

@Griff1894 i didn't even realise I did that! I watched the replay back and saw that I did, sorry it wasn't on purpose! :bag:

• Funny
Reactions: Griff1894

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p11
R DNF
Could not do a clean lap in qualifying (didn't even get a clean lap in practice :() fortunately i wasn't the only one ;)
So starting from p11 my plan was no rush, settle in and lets see if i can make it to the finish without a dsq.
Lap 1 was like bumberkarts on a carnival, when braking for the first right hand corner after the start i got a tap on the behind from @SnrMendonca who than overtook me a couple of hundred meters later.
When he overtook me i got e second tap on the back of my Ruf from @Salle_DK.
He also got past me but immediately his path was blocked by i think an accident between @TNR_FILO and @Michel--NL and took an avoiding action which resulted me in between @Salle_DK and the guard rail.
Luckily we both could continue our race, me with plenty of damage that resulted in multiple track limits on my first lap (not my driving it was the damage :troll:).
So pitstop at the and of lap 1 was required, but i got comfortable and carefully drove some good laps, i even set a time :woot:.
In lap 5 i was p9 coming from p13 after the pitstop and i was around 7 seconds behind @YabbaTheHutt who was my next "target" but he drove around the same lap times as me so i started pushing which let to a stupid mistake and ending me up in the barriers.
The damage was so bad i could not make it back to the pits and had to retire.

After retirement i was spectating the race and saw some great teamwork, @Archie619 pushing @Gary Waddell of the curb. (watch here)

My stream:

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Quali, no time set

Race 10th

Didn't hope for much from this race, struggled to really learn track & only made places when other went off but I was really slow & was soon overtaken again.
Got damage on lap 3 & pitted for repairs & then got more damage couple of laps later but decided to live with it, my goal from then on was to make it to the end!

Congrats to the podium guys, some fantastic pace at the front

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
Kudos to Archie. I was worried there, shouting down the radio to hit me! Dare I say a AOR first having to get your teammate to nudge off a kerb??
I mean, thats what Youre teammates for right? Haha
And i didnt even know you werd stuck, i did see the gap go down rapidly, but yeah, thats very weird and an AOR first!

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
You racing is good, you just need to calm down, as someone said before, you won't win the race in the first corner. (y)

@Griff1894 i didn't even realise I did that! I watched the replay back and saw that I did, sorry it wasn't on purpose! :bag:
Not a problem mate
[DOUBLEPOST=1483754817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Q p11
R DNF
Could not do a clean lap in qualifying (didn't even get a clean lap in practice :() fortunately i wasn't the only one ;)
So starting from p11 my plan was no rush, settle in and lets see if i can make it to the finish without a dsq.
Lap 1 was like bumberkarts on a carnival, when braking for the first right hand corner after the start i got a tap on the behind from @SnrMendonca who than overtook me a couple of hundred meters later.
When he overtook me i got e second tap on the back of my Ruf from @Salle_DK.
He also got past me but immediately his path was blocked by i think an accident between @TNR_FILO and @Michel--NL and took an avoiding action which resulted me in between @Salle_DK and the guard rail.
Luckily we both could continue our race, me with plenty of damage that resulted in multiple track limits on my first lap (not my driving it was the damage :troll:).
So pitstop at the and of lap 1 was required, but i got comfortable and carefully drove some good laps, i even set a time :woot:.
In lap 5 i was p9 coming from p13 after the pitstop and i was around 7 seconds behind @YabbaTheHutt who was my next "target" but he drove around the same lap times as me so i started pushing which let to a stupid mistake and ending me up in the barriers.
The damage was so bad i could not make it back to the pits and had to retire.

After retirement i was spectating the race and saw some great teamwork, @Archie619 pushing @Gary Waddell of the curb. (watch here)

My stream:
That's is awesome! A little sad for the rest of us that you had time to do that! Imagine if verstappen had been your teammate! SMASH! ;-) ;-)