PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 7 - Brands Hatch - 11/01/17 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 7 - Brands Hatch - 11/01/17 - 8PM UK time

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
Q 7
R 10

Going to keep it short as otherwise I will get volatile.

To second what griff said at the end of the race had I been given the option of saving the replay I would have been going to the stewards for the first time.

Qualified with good pace and felt fast. Not sure who but there was a spinner at the first corner which I had no option but to go straight into the side off. This put me back in 9th straight away. I rebuilt and managed to get right back to the front 4 at one point where everyone was going at it. At turn 3 I made a clean move down the inside of 3rd and 4th and someone took exception and took me out. This sent me right back again.

Had the pace to bring it back but raced the whole second half angry and kept on making mistakes.

Couple of apologies myself, I knocked @Griff1894 off at the first corner in the second half, as I said I was a little frustrated and @Bauwie-050 we got a little too rough both ways late on and I apologise for my part.

So disappointed this week

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
Q: 9
R: 5

OMG, what a race! Fights all over the place and constantly between about P6-P9 and after some big action in front of me just past halfway the race I managed to take P1 but the "invisible wall" bug caused me to spin and I had to rejoin the race at P5. Came back to P3 shortly but my tyres were so bad at this stage that I lost too much time in the end and finished at P5.

Reactions: Bauwie

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
what an eventful race that was 16th after the first corner and got damage got up to 12th i think then pitted and came out 16th again. now my damage was gone i started putting in some good lap times and found myself in second at one point but couldnt handle the pressure and crashed right infront of @Archie619 my bad if that affected you going round the corner. @Newy656 i apologise for crashing into you when i was coming back on track i just didnt see you. ended up in 7th so i was happy with that in the end given what had happened in th race
[DOUBLEPOST=1484171361][/DOUBLEPOST]@SnrMendonca that was me who span on the first corner sorry if you got caught up in it there wasnt a lot i could do

Reactions: Newy656 and Bauwie

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016

absolutely ridiculous, the worst experience i have ever had in a competitive environment. Race how you want to be race, right?
Gw Z4 team

• Agree
Reactions: Griff1894

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
what an eventful race that was 16th after the first corner and got damage got up to 12th i think then pitted and came out 16th again. now my damage was gone i started putting in some good lap times and found myself in second at one point but couldnt handle the pressure and crashed right infront of @Archie619 my bad if that affected you going round the corner. @Newy656 i apologise for crashing into you when i was coming back on track i just didnt see you. ended up in 7th so i was happy with that in the end given what had happened in th race
[DOUBLEPOST=1484171361][/DOUBLEPOST]@SnrMendonca that was me who span on the first corner sorry if you got caught up in it there wasnt a lot i could do
Nothing at all you could do pal you was completely blameless and tbh that wasn't what ruined my race that was still to come
[DOUBLEPOST=1484172598][/DOUBLEPOST]@TNR_FILO you were hardly a saint pal.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
Q: 12
R: 9

I feel very good,but also quite bad about myself...
In Quali i clearly didnt have pace as i just couldnt find any time whatsoever and so i qualified in 12th...
In the race however......Where do i start :D ...
In the first turn @Barker95 spun and people went all over the place, i slowed down as much as i could,but there was still some slight banging between meand other people, luckily no damage at all!
I somehow found alot of pace and i soon was in about P6/7 and was right behind @Chicolini for a while seeing where his weaknesses were but as soon as i got closer he pulled away again. Then somehow some people up front started to spin and crash and i found myself around P3/4... then i finally got past Chico and the 2 leaders also went wide and so i was leading the race!!! (for about 2 corners but whatevever ;) )
Then the bad news came... no more fuel, had to pit! BUT, i forgot to change th strat so i lost about 10secs there alone. I was racing on mediums and the tires were fine except that front left was dead for the last 7 laps... Even worse, the people up front didnt pit at all, so i couldnt fight back at all :(
then suddenly @SnrMendonca came out of the pits right in front of me and made a few mistakes here and there we both got a little rough there, although i do think that most of it was a little bit of doorbanging and maybe 2 or 3 real racing incidents, but hey, thats racing ;) he clearly was faster than me as well, but he kept on spinning which gave me and ended me up with 9th position!

That really was an amazing and interesting race! cant wait for the next one!

This also was probably the cleanest race i have personally driven (yet) in AOR :D

Last edited:
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Quali. 4th

Race. 12th
that has to be the messiest race I've ever been in, that big white Bentley was very forceful, amongst others. Lap 22 I was up into 2nd place behind @Gary Waddell who was slowing the pace down so much I thought we was doing another formation lap! This let @TNR_FILO get right on the back of me & going into T1 he missed his braking & rear ended me spinning me into the gravel that put me down to 11th, luckily a couple of corners later let me back past,

I hadn't done much any proper testing of how long the tyres would last so against my better judgement I decided to do a none stopping but by I was struggling with around 5 laps to go & I spun just at the start of pit entry got damaged & had to pit anyway

Hope next race is a little less like a Destruction Derby!

@Barker95 hey no worries mate, to be honest with what went on tonight I never really noticed!

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
Q: 12
R: 9

I feel very good,but also quite bad about myself...
In Quali i clearly didnt have pace as i just couldnt find any time whatsoever and so i qualified in 12th...
In the race however......Where do i start :D ...
In the first turn @Barker95 spun and people went all over the place, i slowed down as much as i could,but there was still some slight banging between meand other people, luckily no damage at all!
I somehow found alot of pace and i soon was in about P6/7 and was right behind @Chicolini for a while seeing where his weaknesses were but as soon as i got closer he pulled away again. Then somehow some people up front started to spin and crash and i found myself around P3/4... then i finally got past Chico and the 2 leaders also went wide and so i was leading the race!!! (for about 2 corners but whatevever ;) )
Then the bad news came... no more fuel, had to pit! BUT, i forgot to change th strat so i lost about 10secs there alone. I was racing on mediums and the tires were fine except that front left was dead for the last 7 laps... Even worse, the people up front didnt pit at all, so i couldnt fight back at all :(
then suddenly @SnrMendonca came out of the pits right in front of me and made a few mistakes here and there we both got a little rough there, although i do think that most of it was a little bit of doorbanging and maybe 2 or 3 real racing incidents, but hey, thats racing ;) he clearly was faster than me as well, but he kept on spinning which gave me and ended me up with 9th position!

That really was an amazing and interesting race! cant wait for the next one!
As I said, I was racing angry!

A podium was well up for grabs for me here and through very little fault of my own any chance of it got taken away

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
As I said, I was racing angry!

A podium was well up for grabs for me here and through very little fault of my own any chance of it got taken away
For as far as i had experienced us together, we didnt really have thatmuch going on, you hit me 2x,rear and back, but i also hit you 1 or 2 times, but thats it...
Sad to hear though, because you really were faster than me, alot, so podium shouldve been gotten ;/

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Q: 13th
R: 4th

I knew I was off the pace for qualy so I wasn't surprised with 13th especially looking at the close times! An eventful first corner with people spinning and others taking emergency action to avoid, but after it settled down, I ended up in... 13th!

The first 10 laps was some great racing with @Bauwie-050 and @Chicolini, then I made a mistake at the first corner and lost some time and took on some damage. Somehow the most of the field managed to stay fairly close together for the first half of the race and around lap 26 my tyres were melting and I had a small bit of aero damage so I decided to pit.

Came out of the pits in about 13th place but with fresh tyres and less than half race left I just pushed hard until the end and kept picking off people who spun/crashed or who's tyres had given up and found myself in 4th place!

I really enjoyed the race with some really good close racing, a couple of people did get a bit forceful when trying to overtake and need to realise that just because they are quicker in their Bentley, I don't have to let them past if it is for position.

I will apologise to anyone who I may have nudged in the race, none of it was on purpose and was just a result of some very close racing!

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
For as far as i had experienced us together, we didnt really have thatmuch going on, you hit me 2x,rear and back, but i also hit you 1 or 2 times, but thats it...
Sad to hear though, because you really were faster than me, alot, so podium shouldve been gotten ;/
As I said mate it was both ways for us and I have no complaints with what you did :)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying - 3rd: Got a decent lap and was happy with that. Plus it was the cleanest laps for the next hour or so.

Race - 1st: Got the jump on @TNR_FILO at the start. Got into rhythm despite a few bumps from behind then all hell broke loose. I lost count how many times I was tapped, pushed off, rear ended, nose chopped off and overtook so no point typing names because id be here all day highlighting every single incident that happened. Decided id had enough in the train and pitted around lap 26 and proved to be the best move as after that I had fresh tyres to push on, everyone in front was spinning an taking each other out which meant I just had to work my way through a few cars getting Filo with a few laps to go.

One of the most incident packed races ive been in on AoR. It was dark, it is a fast, tight, twisty track so contact was bound to happen with people at some point. Just proved that would be every lap, every corner and I think the podium was changing every lap lol Onto the final round where hopefully its a little more calm and theres no incidents at all... including a recreating of Prost/Senna at turn one lol

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
Quali. 4th

Race. 12th
that has to be the messiest race I've ever been in, that big white Bentley was very forceful, amongst others. Lap 22 I was up into 2nd place behind @Gary Waddell who was slowing the pace down so much I thought we was doing another formation lap! This let @TNR_FILO get right on the back of me & going into T1 he missed his braking & rear ended me spinning me into the gravel that put me down to 11th, luckily a couple of corners later let me back past,

I hadn't done much any proper testing of how long the tyres would last so against my better judgement I decided to do a none stopping but by I was struggling with around 5 laps to go & I spun just at the start of pit entry got damaged & had to pit anyway

Hope next race is a little less like a Destruction Derby!

@Barker95 hey no worries mate, to be honest with what went on tonight I never really noticed!
I don't take into account guys braking earlierm
Nothing at all you could do pal you was completely blameless and tbh that wasn't what ruined my race that was still to come
[DOUBLEPOST=1484172598][/DOUBLEPOST]@TNR_FILO you were hardly a saint pal.
after 30 laps of being push off, brake checked and side swiped, long with receiving a 15 and 10 second shortcut penalty after avoiding unnecessary incidents. i drove to keep the last 10 laps clean.

Last edited:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
after 30 laps of being push off, brake checked and side swiped, long with receiving a 15 and 10 second shortcut penalty after avoiding unnecessary incidents. i drove to keep the last 10 laps clean.
Have to say I watched some of your footage and I didn't see any brake checking. Lots of close racing though and I'm assuming fairly heavy damage on your car watching how easy I caught and passed at the end

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
Have to say I watched some of your footage and I didn't see any brake checking. Lots of close racing though and I'm assuming fairly heavy damage on your car watching how easy I caught and passed at the end
the incident at 1:05:55 definitly didn't help

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 11th
R: 14th
Did a PB in qualy but still only good for 11th...
Race start was a disaster. Just after first corner I took a quick glance in my rearview mirror but when I looked forward again there was cars everywhere. Couldn't avoid hitting someone in the rear with 20% aero damage and a crooked steering. When entering the pits on lap one I almost took out @Wimstradamus but luckily I didn't. Got out well behind everyone and for the next 10 laps or so I was on my own. Caught up with @Play4Stefano and soon after @Barker95 came out off the pits behind me. He didn't have too much problem passing me and Stefano. Stefano had a little moment and I could go for the inside for a pass. Don't know if I squeezed Stefano wide their as he dropped a couple of seconds directly after that. Sorry if I did! I thought my tyres would last the whole race but on lap 27 I gave up that and pitted again. Got stuck in the pit with "possible clutch problem" for 10 seconds!!! I then was last again, caught up with Stefano again and soon got company from @Griff1894 . Was really good racing for some laps there. I started to drop off from Griff but then he spun and was out. Caught up with Wimstradamus but couldn't find a way pass so I finished 14th and was very happy that it was over.

Well done podium guys and everybody else for surviving this. Brands Hatch in the dark...disaster...

One more to go, Oschersleben which is another very tight and twisty track.

Salle_DK

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 8, 2016
i do not have video of the first 10-11 laps, but those were nice, some of the bedst race in a long time. But after that, people just forgot how to drive...!
Maybe, just maybe, i drowe one of track by accident, but i cant count the times that i got ran of by some one else, ore people just went straight back on the track when they have had a crash... what is that about, dont you have a map...?
when that is sayd, i my self did it once to waddelgaz, but what was you doing the whole race...? you were holding everyone back and forced mistakes by a lot of people... not smart... i know you were fast, but you did not push as hard as you were able to, what was that about...?
i am not complaining, but you were driving to force us to slow down, WHY...?

this was a difficult track, and mistakes were easy to make, especially in the dark... better luck to all of us for next week...

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p15
R p13

The Ruf is a tricky car, at the beginning of the season in testing it felt ok, need a setup the make it feel good but i had confidence it was a good choice as my teammate liked the Ruf i could always learn from him and his setups.
But as the season is almost ending i did not get the Ruf too feel good, showing this race again.
Lot of spins and only reasonably fast for one or two laps at a time.
Hope i can get a good car for the last race because what i saw yesterday in some streams looked awesome!
Some nice overtakes, good and hard defending and unfortunately some crashes, wished i was up there racing with you guys.
See ya next time

Oh here's my boring race stream:

Salle_DK

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 8, 2016
Lap 20, i hit @Griff1894 in turn 2, so so sorry... did not see you there, i had my eyes on @sportl1fe in the mirror... did not know you were there... :(