PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 1 - Circuit of the Americas - 28/02/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 1 - Circuit of the Americas - 28/02/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
banner.png

ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas
circuit-of-the-americas-gp_orig.png

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45PM (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00PM (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
- Quali: Light Cloud
- Race: Light Cloud
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 25 March 2018, 06:00
- Race start time: 25 March 2018, 07:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

formation.jpg

Acceleration Zone:
accel.jpg

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Unconfirmed No-Shows:
@bsaidmalta

footer.png

Last edited:

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Has anyone done any lap times yet??? the best I've managed is a 2:09 I feel there's still more to come :unsure:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
If my wheel isn't repaired I got to use controller and thats a 2.15 I believe :hurting:

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Cold cold tyres, early morning races and the tyres are a bit like me cannot wake up!

It is tricky what tyre pressures have you guys tried?

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Been doing high 2.10's in race trim. Pressures i think my cold pressure were around 1.45 bar

Reactions: Manx57

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Gonna have a go tonight. The main problem for me is cota has a long straight.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
If my wheel isn't repaired I got to use controller and thats a 2.15 I believe :hurting:
Wheel/Base has been send today to Fanatec. Have done some practice with controller :drool::drool:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Wheel/Base has been send today to Fanatec. Have done some practice with controller :drool::drool:
It's nice of the two wheel companies that they are making bad wheels so more people are having bad races giving me and my trusty controller more of a chance. I managed a low 2:08 in TT but am capable of much better.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
It's nice of the two wheel companies that they are making bad wheels so more people are having bad races giving me and my trusty controller more of a chance. I managed a low 2:08 in TT but am capable of much better.
2.08 with controller :woot:
I'm getting 2.13 at best, but more 2.18

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Bit of a stab in the dark tonight which means will see this race a test.
Not much practice and not spent time tinkering with set ups , only just starting to learn about them so I'm able to change the car settings and knowing what it will do to the car.
So much to learn and do with the car settings it's gonna take time,
Most this season will be a learning curb for me.

The alien for now has gone.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Bit of a stab in the dark tonight which means will see this race a test.
Not much practice and not spent time tinkering with set ups , only just starting to learn about them so I'm able to change the car settings and knowing what it will do to the car.
So much to learn and do with the car settings it's gonna take time,
Most this season will be a learning curb for me.

The alien for now has gone.
Ifyou need help advice i can help out man, I'm not a set up wizard but i know a few bits and pieces. PM or whatever to let me know. ALso on youtube, Yorkie's videos are really quite good of you're stuck too.

Reactions: Big-Kid-Daddy

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Ifyou need help advice i can help out man, I'm not a set up wizard but i know a few bits and pieces. PM or whatever to let me know. ALso on youtube, Yorkie's videos are really quite good of you're stuck too.
more of a time issue this week, the 1st race has crept up so quick and what little testing I had done I wasted on trying different wheel settings.

even got to estimate the fuel for the race later.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
ok man, I'm going to do a small test soon, ill let you know what my fuel estimate is anyway.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Drivers and teams are placed in the championship.
I'm going to try this mode one time and if it isn't working I will restart the lobby.

The benefit of this mode is that you don't have to pick your car and livery and for me that all the invites are automatically send.

Project CARS 2_20180228193800.jpg