PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 1 - Circuit of the Americas - 28/02/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 1 - Circuit of the Americas - 28/02/18 - 8PM UK-time

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
@Anthony VR46 @Big-Kid-Daddy @bsaidmalta @Chickano @danjbirch @dray6181 @LowRacerNL @Manx57 @MattDavies2511 @Michel--NL @Noxvi @Tom harper @VTC-16 @Wimstradamus

We had complaints about the game with bad frame rates and that cars feels completely different with qualification and race.
Do you guys also have the same feelings? and I'm only talking about the game from yesterday.
And I know the lag i was producing ;)
The graphics felt a bit blurred, but the track does that with multiple players on it.

Sure the car felt different - it would be wrong if it didn’t.
If you look at the facts, the car have 80 liters more fuel, the time of day changed and so did track temps quite a lot actually - when the race ended the track had a temp more than 10° C higher than it was in qualifying . And then there are the Livetrack 3.0 as well.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Frame rate was an issue, not sure on how car felt as it would anyway with quali and race.

I know the audi had low grip by would have been set up issue.

Reactions: Noxvi

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
The graphics felt a bit blurred, but the track does that with multiple players on it.

Sure the car felt different - it would be wrong if it didn’t.
If you look at the facts, the car have 80 liters more fuel, the time of day changed and so did track temps quite a lot actually - when the race ended the track had a temp more than 10° C higher than it was in qualifying . And then there are the Livetrack 3.0 as well.
I am glad someone else noticed the blurred graphics I thought it was my eyes going bonkers.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I agree with a lot of what has been said above, frame rate suffered and I am on PS4 pro. I had actually done this race distance with same settings twice beforehand and the car does feel very different in race trim with hard tyres and full fuel plus you do lose tyre temp on the parade lap. But lagging was very bad only noticeable on your car really though Michael--NL. Overall it was a good race, and looking forward to the next one, hopefully with no lagging.

• Informative

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
When I'm home I'll explain exactly what happened with frame rate and lag issues

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p7
R p10
Did not had many practice laps and a base setup only but besides of some driving errors and damage i did ok.
Stream

Car handling did not felt very difrent than in practice, was some lag and @Michel--NL poping up add various place around the track.
(btw on michel video he stoped behind me after i chrashed at the ss that ist visable in my video. :unsure: )

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Who was flashing me last night after an incident? I think @Alex Varic ?
Not checked replay yet but saw a car trying to force me to go wide on a one line corner and I got hit on the back left side.

Not being funny but it was a bad place to try and overtake when I only could turn sharply left on a tight corner with only one line through in my opinion, didn't appreciate the flashing either which is also against the rules and no I wasn't going to wait as I felt it was a racing incident.

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
Not checked replay yet but saw a car trying to force me to go wide on a one line corner and I got hit on the back left side.

Not being funny but it was a bad place to try and overtake when I only could turn sharply left on a tight corner with only one line through in my opinion, didn't appreciate the flashing either which is also against the rules and no I wasn't going to wait as I felt it was a racing incident.
It’s always the overtaking car that have to make sure it happens safely. If you felt forced of track then report to stewards

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
@Anthony VR46 @Big-Kid-Daddy @bsaidmalta @Chickano @danjbirch @dray6181 @LowRacerNL @Manx57 @MattDavies2511 @Michel--NL @Noxvi @Tom harper @VTC-16 @Wimstradamus

We had complaints about the game with bad frame rates and that cars feels completely different with qualification and race.
Do you guys also have the same feelings? and I'm only talking about the game from yesterday.
And I know the lag i was producing ;)
I only had a problem with the car on track, but found out I could drive right thru it

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
It’s always the overtaking car that have to make sure it happens safely. If you felt forced of track then report to stewards
It was a racing incident, it me that made contact by turning in but I had to turn in to make corner

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015

I'm really sorry about that, we were involved in an incident which was technically your fault so I thought you should have waited. In reality though it was quite an aggressive move which I shouldn't have expected you to anticipate.

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
I anticipated it Alex I saw you go inside but you only just had your bonnet inside? I shouldn't be expected to yield on that corner and just go drive weak and off track because you wanted the position when I have racing line and still ahead technically, if you was dead on side by side I would have yielded and let you go.
In a way, I could also say you should anticipate me turning in and should have hung back a touch, you would have had me on next corner no problem.

Just my opinion though and no sour grapes from me, like I said, racing incident.
My vid will be up soon, would like to see your pov if you have it.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
I anticipated it Alex I saw you go inside but you only just had your bonnet inside? I shouldn't be expected to yield on that corner and just go drive weak and off track because you wanted the position when I have racing line and still ahead technically, if you was dead on side by side I would have yielded and let you go.
In a way, I could also say you should anticipate me turning in and should have hung back a touch, you would have had me on next corner no problem.

Just my opinion though and no sour grapes from me, like I said, racing incident.
My vid will be up soon, would like to see your pov if you have it.
Yeah I agree on racing incident. From my POV it appeared that I was alongside you completely.

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Highlights from my pov.
Really bad pace , the car is set up all wrong , much better for next race.

Reactions: Chickano

dray6181

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 16, 2016
Car did feel a bit differently but I thought it was just me ....side note....my setups wouldn’t save and when I tried to edit it would go back to stock setup

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
We had complaints about the game with bad frame rates and that cars feels completely different with qualification and race. Do you guys also have the same feelings? and I'm only talking about the game from yesterday. And I know the lag i was producing ;)[/QUOTE said:
Yes framerates not so much, on a couple of occasions only but the car felt completely weird. Grip got worse as the race went on, almost as if the track was wet