PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Sorry again. I thought I could do it. Unfortunately, I could not cancel earlier because I was pretty busy at work. Hope it was not to late for @RockabillyOutlaw to join the race.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
every lobby in every league on every console is having issues rn it seems.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sorry again. I thought I could do it. Unfortunately, I could not cancel earlier because I was pretty busy at work. Hope it was not to late for @RockabillyOutlaw to join the race.
No problem and thnxs for telling.
We heard nothing from @RockabillyOutlaw :cautious: It was a late call for him. But he is not around since Friday...Hope he will show up (y)

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
I didn't know that the UK had a time change back 1hr for daylight savings. I thought I had another hour.

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
What a crazy first corner there were cars going off everywhere sorry to who I hit you came across the front of me I had no were to go

Attachments

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: DSQ
R: 5

I was so hyped at the qualification that finally my wheel was properly working for the first time in the season that I raced out of the pits without the limiter :banghead::banghead:
Well I could laugh about it.

With the start of the race I started at the back. I had a nice view of the carnage after the first corner.
So I went from 13 to 7 (y)I don't know who started that...but thats really not racing. If anyone has an video of it then please share it so we can see whose fault is was.
After that we @Wimstradamus, @Manx57 and @VTC-16 had some nice laps with close racing.
In lap 18 I crashed and my suspension was gone. Had to pit and went from 3 to 7.
At the end of the race I noticed I didn't had enough fuel to finish the race :bag:
I sneaky let @danjbirch pass me so I had 1 lap less to race and finished with 0.7 liters of fuel.

Who else noticed these strange black spots where you drive through? Its in the middle of the car and it is I think brake marks from the track.
Look at the video from 36:40

1522273738471.png

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q3
R2

Car again as some said felt quite different than practice - was a bit more oversteery and loose at the rear. A;so times were about 1.4 secs slower also.
Race wasn't that eventful. Low Racer spun on lap one infront of me, then half way round Noxvi half spun and i clipped him, had 11 aero damage which gave understeer in left handers. Low Racer caught and passed me for second then smashed the wall and i was 10 secs behind danny. I closed this to 5 before i spun late on and that was that.

One point of note RE grid positions - whoever has pole gets the inside line for T1. you lads on the front row tonight got your sides wrong by the way. One note also just on the shunts, if some one drops it at the front of the pack they are going to collect 4/5 more cars its just what happens. That said its an hour long race that can't be won after 50 seconds. Cheers to the host and congrats to @Wimstradamus and @danjbirch , well done lads

Last edited:

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
This is my first time posting videos hopefully they play. Also maybe you could tell me a better way to post them.

Last edited:

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
Q: 8
R: 4

My race started out pretty good, considering I didn’t get tangled up in the 1st corner mayhem. Was having some good close racing with @Michel--NL, @Wimstradamus, @Manx57 until lap 7 when I lost control of my car on turn 11 (Kink). I had major front end damage and had to pit on lap 8. Returned to race and was in 7th position. Then I just kept it between the white lines and somehow I finished in 4th place.

Next Race: Long Beach

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Q3
R2

Car again as some said felt quite different than practice - was a bit more oversteery and loose at the rear. A;so times were about 1.4 secs slower also.
Race wasn't that eventful. Low Racer spun on lap one infront of me, then half way round Noxvi half spun and i clipped him, had 11 aero damage which gave understeer in left handers. Low Racer caught and passed me for second then smashed the wall and i was 10 secs behind danny. I closed this to 5 before i spun late on and that was that.

One point of note RE grid positions - whoever has pole gets the inside line for T1. you lads on the front row tonight got your sides wrong by the way. One note also just on the shunts, if some one drops it at the front of the pack they are going to collect 4/5 more cars its just what happens. That said its an hour long race that can't be won after 50 seconds. Cheers to the host and congrats to @Wimstradamus and @danjbirch , well done lads
cheers mate, well driven keeping the pressure on. The grid lineup was my fault my first time on pole and I panicked and lined up on the side I was parked on grid.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Continuing my bad luck, I qualified P6 and retired in the race. Turn 1 was very good for me I got up to P2 then on lap 4 or something I caught on the kerb and spun out and got damage. Had to pit and after that my car was understeering at the fast right hander and crashed into the wall then I was so frustrated that I couldn't concentrate and kept spinning out and crashing. This game needs to be fixed like I could ride the kerbs in practice but not in the race it seems as though there are some glitches with the setup.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
This is my first time posting videos hopefully they play. Also maybe you could tell me a better way to post them.
You can put them on Youtube, but this will work (y)