PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Then again, so far every race we've had the pace has been slower than what was achieved in practice

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Then again, so far every race we've had the pace has been slower than what was achieved in practice
True, to be honest I plan to setup my car to be as stable as possible even if that means slower. This race will be about survival for me, so easy to hit a wall.

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tried a few laps yesterday and the first 30 minutes was :spiderman::mad::punch::rage: keep that car out of the wall. Then when finally you have your brake points its a fun track to drive.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I don't understand why when the tyres are not quite up to temp I can get 1:20's but as soon as they settle to so called working temps the lap times drop into the 21'and 22's?
There is no way to keep them any cooler everything full open, even the windows...

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
I've uninstalled the game and is reinstalling now just to get rid of the glitches.

No way are we doing a single file start. Incident free starts just need common sense and awareness, not even caution, as I've proved many times both in this league and the Ginettas.

Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
I don't understand why when the tyres are not quite up to temp I can get 1:20's but as soon as they settle to so called working temps the lap times drop into the 21'and 22's?
There is no way to keep them any cooler everything full open, even the windows...
What about your pressures? The tire pressures have to be at a certain spot as well, (1.8 - 1.9 bar) and i think also most tires tend to give you one or two laps great perfprmance before they level off (basically you get a sweet spot when the rubber is brand new)

Reactions: Manx57

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Well it hasn't worked and despite trying everything suggested the game is still broken. smh. I'll ask the people at SMs if they can help.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Me and a few of the pro guys have discussed this, me personally am leaning towards the softs depending on my quail position
Is that really an option with these track temps? Am gonna test it now but thought it was way too warm for softs.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Is that really an option with these track temps? Am gonna test it now but thought it was way too warm for softs.
Depends on your setup and how you drive the car;) I don't really want a car that's sliding round at the start of a race on a track like this, their is a secret formula but if I told you I would have to kill you lol,,don't any of you guys mix the compounds?

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
H
Depends on your setup and how you drive the car;) I don't really want a car that's sliding round at the start of a race on a track like this, their is a secret formula but if I told you I would have to kill you lol,,don't any of you guys mix the compounds?
Ha, thanks Nick. The thing is you guys are seconds a lap faster than in our tier so our setups/driving styles are likely to be very different. I have tired mixing compounds and car felt pretty good, however the hards feel good from the start in the one race simulation I've done so far so will probably stick with them.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sorry for getting this so late..but it is an 46 laps race.

• Informative
Reactions: Manx57