PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Seems like the glitches don't occur on an online lobby.

I was expecting to enjoy this but the car feels a little unstable and I lack the precision driving wise to really Excel. Maybe 1:19s are possible if I nail a lap but I need to be consistent first.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Q9 - Actually a pb but I just didn't have the pace
R: DNF So me being me I got a godly start up to 5th, then gained a place to 4th. I was battling @Michel--NL when the lapped @Noxvi got involved, losing me time. I understand the frustration of a car on the lead lap being quicker but please try and avoid getting into a battle like that. There were annoyingly no yellow flags though, and eventually I hit a spun @Tom harper something that wouldn't have happened with yellows.

Then I started to get lag spikes. Eventually one caused me to crash out of what would have been a straightforward podium and eventually I retired as i didn't want to be a danger to other drivers. All I'll say is my season is not over; My best circuits are yet to come and I'm still chasing an elusive win.

I should also say it's nice to see more people active on the forums and in the voice chat before and after the race, just makes the league a lot more enjoyable and immersive for all of us.

Well done @Chickano for a pretty spectacular win, @danjbirch unlucky on the 2nd place and @biba99 I feel slightly sorry for you, you were soooooo close to a podium then you lost your rear wing. And @Michel--NL, maybe brim your tank next race :D?

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
One of the best races I've ever had, really great battle with chickano but in the end he deserved the win as he made no mistakes. Championship points are updated, I'm up to second but chickano has a big lead.

• Winner
Reactions: VTC-16 and Chickano

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Way better race than I thought. Was pretty fun. Thank you guys.
Had some troubles at the beginning and had to stop to do some repairs. @LowRacerNL was pretty quick. Could not get closer for a long time to lap him.
As i catched up to @Michel--NL in the final laps i pushed a litte bit to hard (the podium was close) and kissed the wall in t3 (i think) and had 100 damage on the rear.
After all I'm pretty happy with P4

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q:10
R:3!!!!! first podium in GT3 :smuggrin:

First....nice first lap guys. I didn't see any strange things (y)

From the start I was battling with @Alex Varic. Nice and clean...thnxs. Awesome job with controller you are doing.
It was a shame @Noxvi came between us. You where dropping seconds in an lap. That gave me some space to breath again :D
From that point I was doing my laps and try to stay out of the wall and that went well. Missed the breakpoint 1 time, that got me 17 damage on the front. Costing me straight top speed. Must say that I feel pretty comfort with the car. It was very stable and could do steady laps with it.
Coming to the last part of the race I noticed that I didn't had enough fuel :wideyed: (I started with fuel for 50 laps, must be an hole in the tank)
Tried to put the car in lean mode. That didn't work. If I let @Chickano pass then I could make it. So I drove a few laps very slow and all of the sudden I saw @biba99 showing up on my hud :woot::woot:. I had push it again...but luckily for me you made that crash and I could cruise that last lap to the finish. Finished with 0.5Liter.

Video is still rendering..bad quality.

Finish

• Winner
Reactions: VTC-16 and Chickano

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Q: 4th
R: 5th (on track)
Not the best of races It started well and then on lap 2 @LowRacerNL crashes at T1 and I got damage because of him then my car understeered into a wall because of the damage and got even more damage I had to pit I lost all positions I was 11th or something, if that wasn't enough then I made a mistake and crashed again getting 10 damage on the left suspension and 14 on the front I wasn't gonna pit and stayed out had some small incidents because of others misfortunes I gained a lot of positions I managed to carry the car to the end to finish P5.

• Informative
Reactions: VTC-16

LowRacerNL

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 4, 2017
My first stop drove in the wrong pitbox xD. But @Noxvi it is not because of me that you got damage it was just a racing incident. Tho in Practoce again with that amount of fuel i could brake there... bit unfortunate

• What?

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
My first stop drove in the wrong pitbox xD. But @Noxvi it is not because of me that you got damage it was just a racing incident. Tho in Practoce again with that amount of fuel i could brake there... bit unfortunate
labeling it a racing incident doesn't make me less annoyed

• Agree

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q1 - a new PB for qualy.

R1 - Well what a great battle with Danny, I knew my tyres would be struggling for temps for the first half of race and danny took full advantage, great move to get passed into t6 i think it was. From there i managed pace, Danny was super quick out of the tight corners, especially the last turn so on the short straights it was very hard to get a chance to pass at all. I was quicker through sector 1 and the latter half of sector 3 but very rarely got a chance to have a go, on one occasion i did and i couldnt keep in front. No yellow flags as someone mentioned so it was very hairy at certain times.

HAve to say thanks to everyone for being very fair when danny and I came passed. In the end i got one chance and I really had to work for it, it took 3 corners to eventually get the move done. Thanks to @danjbirch for a great race, (and host) unlucky at the end, and congrats to @Michel--NL for the first podium!!

Last edited:

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
Q: 11th
R: 7th

Congratulations to @Chickano for the race WIN !!!
Also a big shout-out to @danjbirch (2nd) and @Michel--NL (3rd) to round off the podium.

My race didn’t start out to well. First there was a little stall or slow down at the last hairpin turn then at the dolphin fountain I get T-boned have video for proof. I was so frustrated after that I lost my cool and spun out trying to get back in the race then I tried to spin my car to get facing the right direction and broke off my rear wing. Went straight to the pits and came out dead last and a lap down. I regained my composure and just put my head back in the race and salvaged a 7th place.

Gotta admit that was something to watch @Chickano and @danjbirch battle it out for the 35 min. of my saved race. (I wish the game would save the hole replay)

Next Race: Zhuhai Int. Circuit

MPMMR3_SC-DAAAZWE_.jpeg MPMMRF5TC-DAAAZWE_.jpeg Project CARS 2_20180404174843.jpg Project CARS 2_20180404180304.jpg Project CARS 2_20180404181832.jpg Project CARS 2_20180404191535.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: