PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 8 - Circuit Zolder - 18/04/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 8 - Circuit Zolder - 18/04/18 - 8PM UK-time

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Lol I've not practiced at all for one of my best races of the season. I'll try tonight

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Just remember this League Ruling Tonight guy's please. :finger::watching:;)
PS_Messages_20180418_123303-1.jpg

Reactions: Tom harper

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Q7th
R 8th
I had a good start and was running 7th till I made a mistake and had to pit for repairs but after that the car felt good and was able to race back up to 8th and had a good battels with @Manx57 in the final 15 minutes. Already looking forward to next week

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Results are updated...only this quick because I was 3rd again and wanted so see where I was :cigar:

Reactions: danjbirch

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I didn't notice any issues, my car kept spinning. But that was my poor driving :)

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Had a bad start and after ~10min in the second chicane @Noxvi went off the track, i backed up before the chicane (too much), @Wimstradamus (not sure who it was) went for the inside, @Noxvi joined the track pretty fair on the left side and suddenly we were three wide. Pretty bad for all of us. After some swearing and some repairs it went pretty good for me :D. A few laps before the end @Michel--NL let me pass, not sure why, but thanks anyway :D
First podium :D

@Michel--NL: performance was pretty good on my side

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Had a bad start and after ~10min in the second chicane @Noxvi went off the track, i backed up before the chicane (too much), @Wimstradamus (not sure who it was) went for the inside, @Noxvi joined the track pretty fair on the left side and suddenly we were three wide. Pretty bad for all of us. After some swearing and some repairs it went pretty good for me :D. A few laps before the end @Michel--NL let me pass, not sure why, but thanks anyway :D

I knew you where quicker and I was happy with 4th place...I had no need to battle for that position.

Reactions: weal77

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018

Yeah sorry for the crash I should have waited for you two to pass me and then rejoin, that crash ruined my race completely and the cause of me spinning out was because I got on the kerb and it unsettled the car because I started braking on the grass you know the rest... very unfortunate and gonna move on the next one.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
Qualifying on a pad P2 was amazing, the race was terrible I was keeping up with @danjbirch until the crash... had to pit after that and lost a lot of time, what could have been today was lost due to a stupid mistake, moving onto the next race

• Winner
Reactions: Chickano

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
@Noxvi: a series of unfortunate Events (is this even english? I'm bit a bit rusty ;)). As you said in ps chat. we learn from race to race :)

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
@Noxvi: a series of unfortunate Events (is this even english? I'm bit a bit rusty ;)). As you said in ps chat. we learn from race to race :)
yeah (dw about your English it's fine) we have to learn from our mistakes, I'm glad we could talk it out :)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Q: 4
R: 7

Really happy to get 4th in qualifying.

The race started really well I settled into 3rd place chasing Noxvi, he spun and I was up to 2nd. I followed the leader until he made a mistake and I was into 1st place amazing...... That's the good bit! I got the fuel strategy wrong and had to pit just as it started to rain so I thought no problem I will take it easy ha left the pits with no fuel!! so limped around for another lap to pit again for fuel, I came out in 8th and had a good battle with Tom Harper to eventually finish 7th...... I don't think I will ever get the strategy correct....

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
Q: 9th
R: 6th

Congratulations to @Chickano for the race WIN !!!
And a congratulations also goes out @biba99 and @Michel--NL for rounding out the podium spots. NICE WORK.

Race start was looking good with no incidents until I saw @Alex Varic charging up the inside corner of turn 1 and tag @Chickano and both spun out. We’ll that’s my point of view anyway. It didn’t seem to have an effect on @Chickano he went on to Win. On lap 3 I was in 9th place and had a little bobble on the 2nd chicane and lost 2 places to @Dennis_Meisner and @Chickano. Lap 6 I found myself back in 9th place again and @Alex Varic trying his best to get around me for a couple of laps we even swapped paint a couple times. He did eventually get around me and take over my position on turn 8, but on the last turn going on to the front straight he went off track and must have got a slow down penalty because I was able to pass him on straight to get my position back 7th place. Then on the first chicane (Kleine Chicane) I saw him loose it in my mirror. The pressure was off. Thankfully. Somehow on lap 10 I found myself in 5th place trying to catch @Michel--NL finely on lap 19 the 2nd chicane I think he just seem to let me pass him and he stayed on me like flies on a cow patty. I think he was just trying to pressure me into making a mistake. Anyways I was in 4th place with @Michel--NL right behind me I pitted to change to rain tires and finished in 6th place.

NEXT RACE: Mount Panorama, Australia

Last edited:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Race start was looking good with no incidents until I saw @Alex Varic charging up the inside corner of turn 1 and tag @Chickano and both spun out.
That was definitely my fault, I utterly shafted but apologised after the race, it's very rare for me to make mistakes at the start of a race but I screwed that one up.

Reactions: Chickano