GT3 Season 13 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GT3 Season 13 Feedback Thread

Shnoo80

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 8, 2019

Jimminel

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
I've been looking to get into ur GT3 league, but something really puzzles my mind.
How can it be that in every tier there are SO many DNS's ?
Half full grids just isn't as fun as full ones, it kinda spoils the fun if racers aren't commited to their league.
Is this a console issue, or what is it about ?
Feedback would be much appriciated :)

Chechum

Formula Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Good night guys!
I've taken part of a Spanish league with Project Cars 2 and we've faced multiple disconnections in the first 3 races, both in 1st division and 2nd division. Today I've been one of the victims, despite having a quite good connection. Actually, I've hardly been disconnected from races in 8 years playing. Everybody there says the game servers are the problem, but I don't remember having multiple disconnections in the last AOR season (but I only took part of 4 or 5 races). What's your experience lately?

I'm really excited for the next season here but afraid at the same time after that.

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
@Chloé @VSR Thomasethan
Just a thought, what if we played about with the air restrictor on the AMG & Lambo, possibly Ferrari too?

I have not looked deep into this, it just sprung from the old knoggin'. Not tested this, so not sure of how much of an impact this could have. It may only require 1 or 2 pegs of adjustment.
A thought to have as many vehicles as possible.

neonostra

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
I did 3 seasons and had never any problems with disconnect. It happens sometimes...but more incidental
Last season it was a disaster, and almost every race there where lagging problems and disconnects because of the lag.
For me it really messed up my season.

I don't think it's the server, but a driver who created this problems. ( bad internet or some other mysterious problem )
Also when I played with others then the league, no problems at all.
There was a tech guy who looked at the videos and he said that it was the driver who caused it......
But understandable for AOR that it his difficult to deal with this situations.
Again before this I drove three season without any problems, andI am really excited for GT3 S14.
But previous season was a bit of a dissapointment...........

Let's see what happens in S14, hopefully S13 was an exception

Jimminel

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
@Chloé @VSR Thomasethan
Just a thought, what if we played about with the air restrictor on the AMG & Lambo, possibly Ferrari too?

I have not looked deep into this, it just sprung from the old knoggin'. Not tested this, so not sure of how much of an impact this could have. It may only require 1 or 2 pegs of adjustment.
How would you monitor that ?
I like the concept, but I can't see it working on anything other than trust - and alot of people like winning more than being honest ;)

Jimminel

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
I did 3 seasons and had never any problems with disconnect. It happens sometimes...but more incidental
Last season it was a disaster, and almost every race there where lagging problems and disconnects because of the lag.
For me it really messed up my season.

I don't think it's the server, but a driver who created this problems. ( bad internet or some other mysterious problem )
Also when I played with others then the league, no problems at all.
There was a tech guy who looked at the videos and he said that it was the driver who caused it......
But understandable for AOR that it his difficult to deal with this situations.
Again before this I drove three season without any problems, andI am really excited for GT3 S14.
But previous season was a bit of a dissapointment...........

Let's see what happens in S14, hopefully S13 was an exception
It is almost always some guy on wifi, or some strange NAT settings that makes lobby's unstable :(
Sucks when you did all u could to have the best cabled internet connection possible :(

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
It is almost always some guy on wifi, or some strange NAT settings that makes lobby's unstable :(
Sucks when you did all u could to have the best cabled internet connection possible :(
It's definitely the game. I was playing project cars 2 fine on WiFi online with no lag from me or others around me. Switched to a wired setup and had nothing but problems since. Lag, disconnects etc but only on pc2. Every other game I play online I have zero lag or issues.

Just one of those things we have to deal with. It ruined my last gt3 season. Started with two good wins, then a disconnect and after that I lost the drive to practice as I was having issues even staying in a lobby I had created myself.

Jimminel

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
It's definitely the game. I was playing project cars 2 fine on WiFi online with no lag from me or others around me. Switched to a wired setup and had nothing but problems since. Lag, disconnects etc but only on pc2. Every other game I play online I have zero lag or issues.

Just one of those things we have to deal with. It ruined my last gt3 season. Started with two good wins, then a disconnect and after that I lost the drive to practice as I was having issues even staying in a lobby I had created myself.
If someone runs weird NAT settings, lobby's can get very unstable and cause conflicts between players.
WIFI sends in packs, and some packs will always go missing, and then we have the possibility of lag.

I've seen massive problems with this in another community with mixed people from all over the world, we got it fixed out by sorting out our NAT settings :)

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
@Chloé @VSR Thomasethan

Can’t check unless the driver record the start of the session.

• Agree
Reactions: VSR Thomasethan

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015

P.CARS 2 lobbies/servers are a nightmare. I have a very stable connection, and dont have any issues with any other game online in Multiplayer lobbys. It seems to be getting Progressively worse. Its a lottery joining P.CARS lobbies for most of us now. Disconnections are getting ridiculously more frequent. Yet no solution or sound advice is coming from the Makers of the game. Dissapointing this is . Ive signed for ENDURANCE season on PS4, (Nearly half my races in GT3 S13 were discos) not acceptable ! Will give the servers and so on another chance. Till I get disconnected, then that will be it for me. Pointless putting hrs of practice in, to get booted in Qually, then it won't let you back in. We have lost tons of members because of this. Yet no solution/answers or an explanation. P.CARS Leagues are definitely hit & miss currently, and have been since the last and final patch.

Last edited:

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Just don't have tracks with long straights, it favors certain cars and there is nothing a driver can do about it.

Example: Monza; Le Mans; Daytona

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Just don't have tracks with long straights, it favors certain cars and there is nothing a driver can do about it.

Example: Monza; Le Mans; Daytona
OR!
We do have a couple of long tracks, and ONLY during those events it is an AMG or Lambo event? possibly joint with the two endurance races.

E.g. I race the Audi for 8 of 10 races, the other 2 races are the endurance, and there is the option (or mandatory requirement) to select either an AMG or Lambo.
I'm spit balling here ha.

Reactions: Archil

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I've been looking to get into ur GT3 league, but something really puzzles my mind.
How can it be that in every tier there are SO many DNS's ?
Half full grids just isn't as fun as full ones, it kinda spoils the fun if racers aren't commited to their league.
Is this a console issue, or what is it about ?
Feedback would be much appriciated :)
I'm afraid this is an issue across any and every league form all organisers. 10 weeks is a long period of time, sometimes things come up out of people's control and others just lose interest because they may not be competitive or in title contention, or they just stop enjoying the game.

Reactions: Jimminel

Chechum

Formula Karter
Oct 13, 2018
P.CARS 2 lobbies/servers are a nightmare. I have a very stable connection, and dont have any issues with any other game online in Multiplayer lobbys. It seems to be getting Progressively worse. Its a lottery joining P.CARS lobbies for most of us now. Disconnections are getting ridiculously more frequent. Yet no solution or sound advice is coming from the Makers of the game. Dissapointing this is . Ive signed for ENDURANCE season on PS4, (Nearly half my races in GT3 S13 were discos) not acceptable ! Will give the servers and so on another chance. Till I get disconnected, then that will be it for me. Pointless putting hrs of practice in, to get booted in Qually, then it won't let you back in. We have lost tons of members because of this. Yet no solution/answers or an explanation. P.CARS Leagues are definitely hit & miss currently, and have been since the last and final patch.
I know a league which forces racers to have NAT 2 and open ports in the router (even enabling DMZ). Racers have to prove it by means of pictures or videos. Maybe this rule is a bit strict, but I'm telling it to you in case it was useful :)

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I know a league which forces racers to have NAT 2 and open ports in the router (even enabling DMZ). Racers have to prove it by means of pictures or videos. Maybe this rule is a bit strict, but I'm telling it to you in case it was useful :)
Thanks for the info . I really hoping something changes here , but doubt it very much . Thanks again (y);)

Reactions: Chechum

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
It's definitely a game issue the game doesn't have dedicated servers on console atleast it's all peer to peer.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

neonostra

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe the servers are vulnerable, true, but the lag and disconnects get triggered by bad nat and connections.
In my league it always happend around the same driver. coincidence?
Start in front of him? No problems...start next or behind him...lag and disconnects....
Sure, I can believe that the servers are bad because of the peer to peer, but it is triggered by people.