PC - GT3 Tier 2 - huge incident in Dunlop Chicane, Lap3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 Tier 2 - huge incident in Dunlop Chicane, Lap3

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbkmsi

Pro Karter
Jun 13, 2019
Platform + League: PC, Project Cars 2 GT3 Tier 2
League Coordinator: @VoodooChild @VSR Davidben @GIXXERosg
Date: 26.6.2019
Members Involved: @mbkmsi (myself, aka Stephen Carry), @VoodooChild, @Allaeddine KESRI and I don't know if there was someone else suffering from the incident because there was some other crash/incident right before this and leading up to this one.

Description: As I enter the Dunlop Chicane I unfortunately hit the already spun out @Allaeddine KESRI who got into an incident himself with @ORBITGFXYT because he ran into another driver (see @Allaeddine KESRI 's POV) - as you can see from my POV I only saw them in the very last moment when it was already too late and I had no chance of braking/avoiding them - and you can hear me literally sh**ting my pants^^ I also picked up quite some damage.

But the real incident happened when @Allaeddine KESRI rejoined the track after the chicane directly into my right side which caused us both to spin, flip and also hit a so far (I think) not involved @VoodooChild. That crash caused major damage to my car: 73 front bumper, 100 rear wing, 16 & 5 to suspension. I managed to get back to the pit (although I already lost more than 2 minutes I think by that point) by which time my engine had accumulated 25 damage. The pitstop took 25 seconds when I got up to repair - after 40 seconds and the repairs not even through a quarter I decided to retire bcs it made no sense driving behind the pack with 3-4 minutes already lost and virtually no chance of making it to the points.

Evidence:

My POV:

@Allaeddine KESRI's POV from the race thread:

@tRIP.. 's POV also from the race thread, although he was not involved - but giving a nice overview.

Starting at 32.27

Something I feel obliged to mention!

I do not want to condemn or accuse anybody of wrongdoings.
I don't have the replay saved bcs as mentioned earlier I retired after that and didn't know that I wasn't able to save the replay in doing so. I literally never retired early before, only exiting directly.

Because of the earlier incident which involves members I'm not entirely sure of, I think there might be a very simple explanation to all of this and I really hope no one takes this as bad manners or false accusations, but only as finding out what really happened - hopefully just some random thing that can happen to all of us and we can all forget about.

Here is what I mentioned in the race thread earlier as well:

I don't want to be the bad guy here starting a stewards inquiry... but from the POVs I've seen here I think I should. Not to 'punish' anyone, because mistakes happen, but it seems that this was completely avoidable and it ruined my race after just one lap. Something I've been preparing for for at least 6-8 hours alone on running the race on my own private lobby and figuring out a halfdecent setup. And that obviously pisses me off beyond belief. Sorry for the words but I think everyone understands...

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
mistake were made but i see some Pcars2 contact mechanics bullshit there (for example when @mbkmsi got flipped like it hit a landmine despite the moderate crash)

mbkmsi

Pro Karter
Jun 13, 2019
mistake were made but i see some Pcars2 contact mechanics bullshit there (for example when @mbkmsi got flipped like it hit a landmine despite the moderate crash)
yea this is so ridiculous...

from my POV in real time I was like "WTFFF IS HAPPENING HEEEERE HELP ME PLS!!!!1" :D and especially from yours and @Allaeddine KESRI's POVs it seems like a minor bumpybump. Like it most of the cases not even bad damage, just like 3 front bumper or so...

Insha'allah, this is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.