PC - Hosting duties v2 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Hosting duties v2

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
As you guys know, there has been some connection issues with some of our splits drivers, so I've been told that maybe changing the host could solve the issue. So, if anyone is keen on hosting, post your speed test results and let me know in this thread. I also want to remind you the risks of hosting. Sometimes the host get's FPS issues during the race (creates input lag etc.), people joining / leaving the session can make your game unplayable. You also have to be on the game for the whole race (even if you crash out in L1.)
My speedtest is below:

• Informative
Reactions: Ctzn Ely and Metten

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017

Remember guys to do your speedtests on a UK server. As for my lag issues, my sign-up speedtest was almost the same as the one I posted above so I assume there hasn't been any changes since Australia ;)

Edit: Not able to host!

Last edited:
Reactions: H_pro1

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Mate, I have a reasonable connection but I have to stream my races or I get stuttering online even in a praccy on my own (weird but true), I also share my connection with the family so can sometimes be up to 6 devices connected and the bandwidth is random and sometimes I lose connection momentarily with you tube so I will not be offering to host based on that sorry.

I don't mind with socials as it's not so important

For the record, I have always had good connection to yours and punishers lobbies

@H_pro1
[DOUBLEPOST=1499257737][/DOUBLEPOST]@Ely' I was thinking maybe your lag issues are not caused by your connection, maybe you are asking a lot of your computer have you tried lowering GFX settings recording in 720p 30fps?

I know what I have my older PC on 2013 I had to lower everything as my car would jump in and out of since as my CPU tried to deal with the demands

• Useful
Reactions: Ctzn Ely and H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Please reply to the thread only if you want/are able to host

• Informative
Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
@Ely' I was thinking maybe your lag issues are not caused by your connection, maybe you are asking a lot of your computer have you tried lowering GFX settings recording in 720p 30fps?
I'm gonna try that at tomorrow's social. I'm also gonna try to lower the graphics settings from the game even though they're almost all at the lowest possible setting.

Reactions: KurvZ

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi @H_pro1

Im never have connection issue's with you but im happy to Host if it will help alleviate some of the issues some users do currently have

I actually also have a 24 core server i run Dedicated games from at my home, (Rust, 7 days to die, Minecraft etc...) so if there is a dedicated server application for F1 2016 that could be setup on my server, I can give the league admins access to my server to host the race from if im not present that weekend,

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi @H_pro1

Im never have connection issue's with you but im happy to Host if it will help alleviate some of the issues some users do currently have

I actually also have a 24 core server i run Dedicated games from at my home, (Rust, 7 days to die, Minecraft etc...) so if there is a dedicated server application for F1 2016 that could be setup on my server, I can give the league admins access to my server to host the race from if im not present that weekend,

Looks like there is no Dedicated server files for F1 2016, I can test hosting at tomorrow's Social and see how it goes for everyone + my PC if you want,

• Agree
Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hi @H_pro1

F1 2016 does not have dedicated server files unfortunately, so we have to host them ourselves. My connection has been the same all season, so I don't really know where's the problem for few races. It would be lovely if you could host the races on Sundays as your connection looks excellent.

Reactions: Jipper

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Looks like there is no Dedicated server files for F1 2016, I can test hosting at tomorrow's Social and see how it goes for everyone + my PC if you want,
Sure, I was about to add that it's better that you try hosting a social etc. just to make sure that your game will run fine also

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Sure, I was about to add that it's better that you try hosting a social etc. just to make sure that your game will run fine also
Yep no problem, PC Should handle it fine, but i do record the race at 1080P 60FPS 80MB bitrate so i might have to knock those settings down if im hosting :eek::eek::eek:;)

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: KurvZ and H_pro1