How To Send Your Livery. How do i update your Livery. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

How To Send Your Livery. How do i update your Livery.

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Jose

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2015
Hey no you are not. But if it is that you dont know how to make one, i can help you. If it that you just dont want one it is okay
Thanks, I dont mind running the FORD default one, i actually like it. I mean if we can put my name on it great but its no biggy. I run that one. Where can i check what reserve slot i am?

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
I'm trying to get started to do my own livery - currently just running a livery from trading paints.

In other leagues there were regulations where you had to place the decals (e.g. number blocks etc.) and you where just allowed to move them in a specific area. Looking at the live-stream I saw that some vehicles had the number decal just slightly in front of the rear wheel house.

Can I move the decals on the side of the vehicle to the position where I like - or are there certain limits? If so is there a decal layer as a psd file available?

@Niclas Domino can you help with those questions?

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hey @Merlin Cooper
Nice to hear that you have taking the challenge up :)
To answer you’re question simply No you are not allowed to move the decal layers (numberplates). But why??? It is also simple. Two things. A lot of team already have made skin with the iRacing number plates in place, so to make it easier for all I have just chanced the colors on the same places. If you can move the plate it self.... no you can’t the numbers/lights of the cars are in a fixed place, it is in the car model we can’t do any thing about it.
But it is not all sad and glumly, you know on the Porsche there is a germane flag on the front, that is removed on my decals, and stuff like that. If I have a templet. Yea some were I will uploade it an send you a link tomorrow :)

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Hey @Merlin Cooper
Nice to hear that you have taking the challenge up :)
To answer you’re question simply No you are not allowed to move the decal layers (numberplates). But why??? It is also simple. Two things. A lot of team already have made skin with the iRacing number plates in place, so to make it easier for all I have just chanced the colors on the same places. If you can move the plate it self.... no you can’t the numbers/lights of the cars are in a fixed place, it is in the car model we can’t do any thing about it.
But it is not all sad and glumly, you know on the Porsche there is a germane flag on the front, that is removed on my decals, and stuff like that. If I have a templet. Yea some were I will uploade it an send you a link tomorrow :)
Not an issue at all and don't worry about the decal layer. Found the skin pack where the decals are included and created from that an AM decal layer. I recognize that in the decals the space below the number plate is unused. Would you mind if I add an AOR League logo in this area where the standard decal shows the VEC logo?

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Not an issue at all and don't worry about the decal layer. Found the skin pack where the decals are included and created from that an AM decal layer. I recognize that in the decals the space below the number plate is unused. Would you mind if I add an AOR League logo in this area where the standard decal shows the VEC logo?
No that is all fair game m8, just do that :) if you need anny help just aske

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
had to update everything again due to new team name and stuff, sry :X

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Might be an odd question - but is there a way to avoid that trading paints is overwriting the skins from the league? Or is the only way not to start TP?

P.S.: Have to copy the skins everytime I restart my PC (want TP to start automatically) :-(

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Might be an odd question - but is there a way to avoid that trading paints is overwriting the skins from the league? Or is the only way not to start TP?

P.S.: Have to copy the skins everytime I restart my PC (want TP to start automatically) :-(
You can aske TP not to delete skin after use, but you will soon get a BIG size Paint folder

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
also you can have it not to start with start up