[IMPORTANT] Potential League Merge | ApexOnlineRacing.com

[IMPORTANT] Potential League Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys,

A discussion is underway with us Coordinators and Moderators in regards to a potential merging of the three Thursday leagues, meaning fuller leagues and closer racing.

If all goes to plan we are hoping to have two 16 driver leagues on a Thursday.

Further details will be announced when/if we decide to go ahead with this.

If you are completely against this idea, or just want to have your say, now's your time to do so.

Thank you. :)

nicknoname777

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 23, 2014
How will the pace of each individual be determined? For example, jim_jakeT and i are easely the fastest in our league and often even faster then gp2 and part of f1 but we are still in f3. How will a good selection be made? Maybe a social race is a good idea and just do a few around the same track and look at the total race time.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Jan 13, 2014
We can see your pace from results and also the cods of the various leagues have been updating us on people's speed etc so it will be done as fair as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: JIM-JakeT

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Well it's a good idea to get a full grid, but maybe first look at the host situation or the host-connector situation. too much is being blamed on the game imo. well I guess you are already looking into that cuz we have more than 2x16 people atm, probably you're cutting a few with bad connections. Anyway, will the new season start in Spain/Monaco or back in Australia?

AlphaDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
If we were to merge, we will start from Spain onward, keeping the current points that you've accumulated.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
if we do keep the points we have, the F3 guys are at a disadvantage in the standings to begin with since Bahrain got postponed. It makes little difference for myself and the others at the bottom of the table but for the guys at the top kinda get screwed out of points against their competitors

• Agree
Reactions: Optimum4 and Herbie

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
if we do keep the points we have, the F3 guys are at a disadvantage in the standings to begin with since Bahrain got postponed. It makes little difference for myself and the others at the bottom of the table but for the guys at the top kinda get screwed out of points against their competitors
I don't really mind anyway tbh. Just want fun racing.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
id rather start on a level playing field. theoretically the guys from the higher leagues dont have much to worry about since we are F3. besides it would be BS if someone from F3 lost out by a point or two to someone from F1 or GP2 having 1 less race opportunity. just reseting the standings seems the most logical and fair way of doing things for everyone. someone at the top of F1 should still be at the top of the league, so they dont have anything to really worry about

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
F3 would have two clear weeks to arrange a Bahrain race, if you could agree to race another day except Thursday, just as a one off. The other idea would be to award a points average across the other 5 races (to the nearest point) e.g. if a driver had 36 points, you would award 7 points for the missing race - if they had 19 points you would add 4 points.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
F3 would have two clear weeks to arrange a Bahrain race, if you could agree to race another day except Thursday, just as a one off. The other idea would be to award a points average across the other 5 races (to the nearest point) e.g. if a driver had 36 points, you would award 7 points for the missing race - if they had 19 points you would add 4 points.
That's a good idea my friend, good thinking :p

nicknoname777

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 23, 2014
i agree with this as i hate china so i really dont wanna race there, but on the other hand, i really dont have many points atm due to bad luck mostly so i would like a chance to challenge jake as i am sure i could win in bahrain

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The key to it is, if you can get everyone to agree a date to re-run the race, then you should. If everyone can't agree (and people who are not moving forward into the new structure don't matter if they are excusing themselves) then the points average is the fall back position.

There would be more points available if the grid isn't full than you would score via an average so there is the incentive to get it done :)

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
The key to it is, if you can get everyone to agree a date to re-run the race, then you should. If everyone can't agree (and people who are not moving forward into the new structure don't matter if they are excusing themselves) then the points average is the fall back position.

There would be more points available if the grid isn't full than you would score via an average so there is the incentive to get it done :)
I really don't mind not getting points for that race because I feel like it would be unfair winning an F3 race and getting the points for it if the leagues are merging :/

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
lol all this talk about the points, I don't really care about that, just wanted to know we would start with spain :p Even with my current points I don't mind starting from 0 in a new league. It is a bit artificial if you combine different points from different leagues, but in the end, merging is also artificial, so don't know. Do what you feel is best and I'll run with it ;)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Personally, I'm not too fussed with the standings. I'd just like to have some enjoyable races.

However, the Bahrain situation will be addressed. The easiest option would be to wait until break week 3 and then race on that Thursday night.

• Agree
Reactions: JIM-JakeT
Status
Not open for further replies.