Indycar League(PC) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Indycar League(PC)

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
Hello,

Because of the lack open wheel racing I am starting an Indy car league. Our season will start in the 3rd or 4th week of February, unless there is some delay. The races will always be on Sunday between 1-5 p.m. I so far have five signed up, thank you who did, and looking for more. To sign up go here Sign Up Sheet and fill out the form, if you have before your fine. The schedule will be seventeen races(like in real life):

Long Beach
Watkins Glen
Laguna Seca
Indy Grand Prix
Indy Oval
Circuit of the Americas
Brands Hatch
Fuji
Texas Oval
Texas Road
Road America
Silverstone
Daytona Oval
Daytona Road
Snetterton
Red Bull Racing
Sonoma

Setup
20180103143459_1.jpg

20180103143542_1.jpg

Details
Practice Will be an hour
Qualify- ten minutes( or more depending on tracks) to put up the fastest lap
Race - Laps will be told before the race but races will be around 45-100 minutes

Happy Racing

Last edited:

FuocoSerpente

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 28, 2016
I'd love to sign up to an open wheel league, but I work Saturday day and night, but are free every Sunday.
If you decide on a Sunday, then please let me know and I'll sign up

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
That will probably be fine to have it on Sunday. So far only three people have sign up so I am hoping for six more to sign up, and like I said before sunday will probably be fine

FuocoSerpente

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 28, 2016
It's a pity not more people enjoy open wheel. For me, it's the best way to race. The field is more even than GT racing. The cars are identical. And there's more action. Hopefully more people sign up. We could potentially grow a very exciting racing community

• Agree
Reactions: Platfoot

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
It's a pity not more people enjoy open wheel. For me, it's the best way to race. The field is more even than GT racing. The cars are identical. And there's more action. Hopefully more people sign up. We could potentially grow a very exciting racing community
That's the reason I created this league was because I am tired of GT3. I hope this can grow too and if you have anyone you know who might be interested ask them to join!

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi @iliketurtles223 , thanks for your initiative!

I wonder, how to best support the idea and put it into the framework.

Would you be up to organize 1-2, maybe 3 social races?
That gives you a good idea of interest and allows you to test the format, lobby settings, etc.

With that experience, and enough interest, we can discuss how to make it official.
What do you think?

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
Hi @iliketurtles223 , thanks for your initiative!

I wonder, how to best support the idea and put it into the framework.

Would you be up to organize 1-2, maybe 3 social races?
That gives you a good idea of interest and allows you to test the format, lobby settings, etc.

With that experience, and enough interest, we can discuss how to make it official.
What do you think?

That's a great idea! Maybe I should move our official race to the end of the month and just have a bunch of open lobbies/social races Saturday and Sunday

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That's a great idea! Maybe I should move our official race to the end of the month and just have a bunch of open lobbies/social races Saturday and Sunday
I recommend announcing the open lobbies (social races) at least 1-2 weeks ahead, as people need to check their calendars, get time off family duties and many people practice for these events too :)

You can put it into a structure in the social races forum: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/project-cars-community-events.322/

As a bit of a template to consider all lobby information and the likes, you can for example look at my VLN event post: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/pc-vln-31-01-18-gt3-clio-cup-nürburgring-combined.28445/ or many other social race threads. I recommend using the same (or a similar) structure.

After a few of those, you might have enough buzz and interest for a league with a good number of participants. and, the participants can share their feedback, e.g. if the races are too long, too short, if people would like to see other lobby settings, weather, etc.

When you're there, let us know! contact any Project Cars Coordinator or Moderator, and we can evaluate the situation together and see how to best move forward, together :)

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
I recommend announcing the open lobbies (social races) at least 1-2 weeks ahead, as people need to check their calendars, get time off family duties and many people practice for these events too :)

You can put it into a structure in the social races forum: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/project-cars-community-events.322/

As a bit of a template to consider all lobby information and the likes, you can for example look at my VLN event post: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/pc-vln-31-01-18-gt3-clio-cup-nürburgring-combined.28445/ or many other social race threads. I recommend using the same (or a similar) structure.

After a few of those, you might have enough buzz and interest for a league with a good number of participants. and, the participants can share their feedback, e.g. if the races are too long, too short, if people would like to see other lobby settings, weather, etc.

When you're there, let us know! contact any Project Cars Coordinator or Moderator, and we can evaluate the situation together and see how to best move forward, together :)

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/open-lobby-races.28615/

Do I need to add anything else?

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'd recommend doing one post per race, with all information in there, allowing people to sign up by replying to your post here :)
Also, add the date, class and track to the title to get better visibility!

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
I'd recommend doing one post per race, with all information in there, allowing people to sign up by replying to your post here :)
Also, add the date, class and track to the title to get better visibility!
Thanks for all the advice and the pages are fixed

• Winner
Reactions: Stephan

HannibalLecter

Junior Karter
Jan 5, 2018
I would like to join, I'm really looking for any league with people whom play clean, and my favorite is Indy. I'm lost here, is this for the PC? I play on the PC.

Astrit Arsllani

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2016
it would really be cool if we could somehow to our best do a indycar season with the same tracks as in real life.....

Astrit Arsllani

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2016
I wish but that's highly unlikely because there is only three ovals on the game :) and maybe 4 or five road courses related to the series
That's not a problem, we add 2-3 more tracks that suits well the cars and voila. Or we can repeat an oval track 2 times like indy or daytona, one to start the season and to end it as well !

iliketurtles223

Pro Karter
Dec 28, 2017
That's not a problem, we add 2-3 more tracks that suits well the cars and voila. Or we can repeat an oval track 2 times like indy or daytona, one to start the season and to end it as well !
True there is a lot tracks I believe would be great and Daytona would be the third oval and hopefully they make steam workshop available for the game!