Initial Information - AOR F1 Leagues - Season 9 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Initial Information - AOR F1 Leagues - Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPlaysHD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Based on the feedback so far, I've gathered that wheel users are struggling in traction zones and pad users are struggling in high speed corners, so how much difference it is depends on the track I think to be honest. In the wet it's ridiculous though on any track.
Well. They have steering assist. Then there is like KIfla in split 1 using overide input. He gets the best of both worlds, turn in of a wheel and traction of a pad! :(

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well. They have steering assist. Then there is like KIfla in split 1 using overide input. He gets the best of both worlds, turn in of a wheel and traction of a pad! :(
I tried overriding the controller input on PC to gamepad while playing with my wheel - the car wouldn't turn for **** lol...

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Looking forward to the new season. In my opinion leave Canada and Monza in. We had no issues in our league last season. Hope get left with my team mate for this season aswell lol

ScottPlaysHD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 16, 2014
I tried overriding the controller input on PC to gamepad while playing with my wheel - the car wouldn't turn for **** lol...
Yeah. But you can change all your steering settings and stuff to get the insane turn in you do realize? :p

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Yeah. But you can change all your steering settings and stuff to get the insane turn in you do realize? :p
I tried that but couldn't find any settings that made me able to control the car properly.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any idea on date for season 9 sign up page yeah fisi and the f1 team, had my first go last night on 2014 and in my opinion it feels like a good game atm some problems (the mirrors for one) but the driving model feels like the best yet

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Any idea on date for season 9 sign up page yeah fisi and the f1 team, had my first go last night on 2014 and in my opinion it feels like a good game atm some problems (the mirrors for one) but the driving model feels like the best yet
As I said on the previous page, I hope they'll be up today, but if not then tomorrow at latest.

Reactions: F1Scotgolf

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
As in your wheel profiler. You just have to mess around with the settings.
Wheel profiler - that is a Logitech thing isn't it? I have a Fanatec. None of my on-wheel settings really helped the situation.

LCR Apex

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 15, 2014
This game is surprisingly good. Handling model is tight and responsive, and you can really feel its weight on heavy fuel loads. Getting to grips with using manual gears for my first F1 game too so I hope I can get the hang of it before going league racing :)

ScottPlaysHD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Wheel profiler - that is a Logitech thing isn't it? I have a Fanatec. None of my on-wheel settings really helped the situation.
Depends the wheel. But if you manage to get it right, like Kifla you have quite an unfair advantage. Anyways good luck Fisi for f1 2014. I will continue to support your highlights! :)

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Already getting a good idea how this season will pan out for me if I buy this game and continue into season 9.

A. Sign ups will continue to remain low or no existent for season 9 (on ps3 at least), probably leading to 1 less tier, when I should have been relegated to tier 3 but 75% of GP2 quit during the season.
B. Any races that I do well in against wheel users will be rendered irrelevant. In effect I will only be able to judge myself against other pad users (if there are any).
C. As people begin getting peed off with incidents and the games short comings and real life commitments take their toll, I will once again not be racing anyone for a spot the following year.
D. All this for the great price of £39.99, for 1 season.

Hate to add bad vibes onto AOL, and the issues above are more on the PS3 in recent years than PC / X360. But this will be what happens to more or less a degree this season, if I continue.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Already getting a good idea how this season will pan out for me if I buy this game and continue into season 9.

A. Sign ups will continue to remain low or no existent for season 9 (on ps3 at least), probably leading to 1 less tier, when I should have been relegated to tier 3 but 75% of GP2 quit during the season.
B. Any races that I do well in against wheel users will be rendered irrelevant. In effect I will only be able to judge myself against other pad users (if there are any).
C. As people begin getting peed off with incidents and the games short comings and real life commitments take their toll, I will once again not be racing anyone for a spot the following year.

Hate to add bad vibes onto AOL, and the issues above are more on the PS3 in recent years than PC / X360. But this will be what happens to more or less a degree this season, if I continue.
If it's any consolation to you defiant I would relegate you if you carried on[emoji6]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any news on a patch of some sort?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well, as you've probably gathered we've got quite a few things to consider and sort out ahead of the season (see here for one of them), but I hope we'll be able to get the Season 9 sign-ups going at some point tomorrow, with the full league rules, info and race calendar being posted up as well :)

Whatever humps we have to jump through, there will be leagues happening.

Last edited:

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

With 122 starts you need to continue your AOR career ;)

• Useful
Reactions: LCR Apex
Status
Not open for further replies.