Initial Information - AOR F1 Leagues - Season 9 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Initial Information - AOR F1 Leagues - Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH1806

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 7, 2014
The wheel wheelspins in 4th gear in the wet. The Pad 2nd. Wheel users cannot keep up with pad users through slow corners as the traction of the pad is unreal! And this is on PC. Cant imagine what its like on console!
And this is what you've tested? Can you prove it?
I can say that i have defenetly no disadvantage with wheel in traction things against the pad users in our ligue (and there are some good pad users, like klawutzke or fat1st). The fastest time in 1st sector spa in our tt event is from a wheel driver. I always have the best start in online races, with my wheel against pad users.
So in my view, this bug does not exist on the PC.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Its not tt thats the problem or one lap qually thats the problem its in the race once tire deg kicks in and in the slow traction zones and to test it at spa of all tracks hahahaha which is the only track the wheel is any good at cos their is 2 slow corners being turn 1 and last chicane

DH1806

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 7, 2014
But 1st sector is only one slow corner, i wrote nothing about the whole lap.
Anyway, this was only an example for something that is true on every track. In a test race in Bahrain, I was the only one Who made only one stop, saw nothing from more tyre wear.
Anyway, example times from our tt event are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsffWCmGepTmdGFxalpFZFJhS1dZVXpINGtNeHpER0E&output=html

Examples for wheel drivers are lewishamilton96 and me, for pad drivers klawutzke or shadowofarmy.

Optimum4

F1 Test Driver
Jan 29, 2014
I'm racing on a pad on PS3 and although the wheel spin may not be as bad, I still get a pretty good amount of wheel spin
trying to accelerate out of slow corners....

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Removing weather is a joke. Again, this would steer people away from AOR, to forums where there is a chance races could be mixed up in wet weather as it always does.
While I agree with the rest of your statement, I do not agree with the above, as it's clear that you have not experienced the difference in traction between wheels and pads in the wet. TRL Rosberg (currently the fastest wheel drivers on X360 in AOR, who won several races in the top league last season), was 2,5 seconds a lap slower than TRL Martin (using a pad) who is also a good driver, but based on all past experience should be slower than Rosberg. There's a video of it here. In the dry however the gap is much smaller.

I've also experienced the difference first hand in a wet qualifying session at Austria where my time was only good enough for 12th on the grid. 10 of the 11 drivers ahead of me were on a pad, all behind me on a wheel. However, a few days before in the dry, I qualified 3rd at the same track against a stronger field of drivers.

I understand why people want to keep the leagues mixed, but if that is to happen in the current situation, wet weather can't be used as it exaggerates the traction inequality massively. While the difference between the inputs might just about be tolerable in the dry, it definitely isn't in the wet.

Also, please understand why we have to take this situation seriously. There's been way too many reports from drivers having experienced this first hand to ignore it and just put it down as "not a problem". The fact is, in the current situation we unfortunately have to choose between having competitively paced leagues where the racing is unfair, or having less competitive leagues where the racing is fair. Different people have different opinions on which one they value highest, as you can see in the discussion here, and we value everyone's opinion, making this a very tough situation.

But anyway, the sign-up threads will be going up today. And this time I'm not messing around lol.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
But 1st sector is only one slow corner, i wrote nothing about the whole lap.
Anyway, this was only an example for something that is true on every track. In a test race in Bahrain, I was the only one Who made only one stop, saw nothing from more tyre wear.
Anyway, example times from our tt event are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsffWCmGepTmdGFxalpFZFJhS1dZVXpINGtNeHpER0E&output=html

Examples for wheel drivers are lewishamilton96 and me, for pad drivers klawutzke or shadowofarmy.
Just for interest are you racing with your wheel set as a controller input device in the menus? This will give you all the advantages of using a controller(better traction, optimal steering lock) on your wheel. Just asking because to me there is an easily noticeable difference between traction levels in the dry.

Time trial is also a bad way to test because it is impossible to overheat the rear tyres which will happen after nearly every corner in an actual online quali or race session.

• Agree
Reactions: F1Scotgolf

DH1806

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 7, 2014
As I already said some times, this tt times are only an example. I raced many times online with pad and wheel drivers, and I tested the Bug with fat1st (split 1 driver, Pad). There were no differences, wether on the start or in the race, dry and wet. Wenn used same setup and fuel mix. I also have no problem with tyre wear as i already wrote before.
I race with everything 0% wheel settings and as 'individual', i think.

ScottPlaysHD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 16, 2014
And this is what you've tested? Can you prove it?
I can say that i have defenetly no disadvantage with wheel in traction things against the pad users in our ligue (and there are some good pad users, like klawutzke or fat1st). The fastest time in 1st sector spa in our tt event is from a wheel driver. I always have the best start in online races, with my wheel against pad users.
So in my view, this bug does not exist on the PC.
Yes you can prove it. Its pretty simple. There are loads of videos already showing this. Either your using a pad or override input device. Either way i have no words...

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
lol what are you on about ? if your faster on a wheel overtime learning on a pad you'll be still quicker its the skill that gets you wins not what your using to drive. and trust me after playing 3 years on a wheel to go to a cheap unrealistic pad isn't appealing to me and many other wheel users. f1 2014 is just **** and we all know a driver with a pad is going to win every race. even Monaco its hysterical.
So you'd prefer everyone to spend £400 on a wheel? Not gonna happen

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The X360 sign-up thread has been posted. PS3 and PC will follow soon.

Canisbe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 30, 2014
http://s14.directupload.net/images/141022/3vvjpzc2.jpg
Individuell = Indivdual
Aus = Off

I race that way since f1 2010, i was told that this means everyone can race like the pad.
now i dont really understand the problem, everyone can switch to that setting, as i said i've always raced with it (never knew what it means)
I have the 'aus' set to 'steering wheel'. Does that really make a difference?

TRL Rosberg

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
We've raced without weather before - on F1 2012 when it was broken. We used a 'live weather' system when the game was patched as changing conditions were still broken.

Great as the AOR is, it shouldn't have to work around the deficiencies of Codemasters lack of code mastery. I can tell you the pad is ridiculous, even through my lack of talent there are times when the understeer so bad it feels like steering a boat and the lack of brake lock up, 'always-on' in corners traction control and grip isn't a good model. I really should have my wheel made up so I can compare.
trust me wheel is wayyyyyy worse its okay in qualifying around CERTAIN tracks but in the race its about 2 seconds off and the tyres go off on lap 3

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just to let you know
What controller override setting does Asemis run?

When I play on PC and have the override setting on "Steering Wheel" (which I have to, otherwise my Fanatec wheel won't work properly) there is NO WAY I am getting that much traction when starting a race in wet weather.

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What controller override setting does Asemis run?

When I play on PC and have the override setting on "Steering Wheel" (which I have to, otherwise my Fanatec wheel won't work properly) there is NO WAY I am getting that much traction when starting a race in wet weather.
Could this be the FPS issue the PC had with 2013

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Could this be the FPS issue the PC had with 2013
I'm pretty sure I have at least as high FPS as it says Asemis has in that video (although I haven't checked), but he seems to have super-grip off the line with a wheel whereas I never get that o_O

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't understand why people don't use V-sync, the game is like a baby's bum at 60fps. Plus, you don't get a scirocco blowing through the room. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.