Interest for DiRT Rally Rallycross league? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Interest for DiRT Rally Rallycross league?

Would you be interested in this?

• Total voters

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
At this moment rallycross in this game is not available online, but it's coming very soon (before September). I have no idea if online would be good, but I'm really enjoying the handling of the cars and think it would make for some really fun racing.

This is not meant as a hardcore league, I just think it would be a lot of fun! :)

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Dirt Rally rallycross online is now updated to the game.

I drove it for quite a few hours today.

Online worked surprisingly good, not a huge amount of problems with lag, definitely league-ready.

You can be a total of 8 people in one lobby. The game then makes 2 races out of that with 4 people in both races. Would take long to explain it in detail but if you play the game it's quite obvious.

As long as there's no more people than 8 there's no problem in running a league. with more people you could just have a split 1 and 2 system like any other league on the website. (maybe you could even have 2 groups of 8 with top 4 in every group making it to the final with the 8 best people.)

Hopefully there are more people who enjoy the experience and would be interested in a league. Sadly only 3 difference places atm. Maybe not a bad thing for starters as a season would be very short, so people can actually do a whole season without losing motivation.

Cons: doesn't seem to be possible to make private lobby or even invite (correct if I'm wrong). It would still be possible to race as the host can kick random people joining. I don't think people can join when event is started. (once again, could be wrong). Anyway, being 8 people would make the lobby full, so other people can't join.

Last edited:

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
tried it for 2hours now, rallycross is really fun. But seriously, do i really need to play careermode with all racing that im not interested in to unlock rallycrosscars? Just to play online?

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
tried it for 2hours now, rallycross is really fun. But seriously, do i really need to play careermode with all racing that im not interested in to unlock rallycrosscars? Just to play online?
you can buy a rallycross with credits and play online, if you don't have a lot of credits you can rent a car pretty cheap!

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Thats the point. I dont have the time or will to grind 350k credits just so i can race rallycross online :<

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just wanted to make a short comment!

I'm not gonna host a dirt rallycross league, I feel there's not enought interest and would be unnecssary time put into organizing it. Also, if you do the career mode your car will get faster, this means you have to do a lot of career mode to be competitive in the league. Details like this has lost my interest of hosting a league. Anywone else is allowed to take over if they like! :)

PiktureZ

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 21, 2015
I still haven't tried DiRT Rally Online, but just the idea doesn't look right to me for now, but I'm definitively interested if there's more tracks! I haven't played it a lot, but it looks really fun and because it's RallyCross, an hour of practice is enough and racing is really fun and there's no limits!