Closed Lap one Spin unsafe return to the track and didn't return position

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Steve Allan

F1 Multiple Race Winner
May 12, 2019
Walsall, West Midlands
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8 Round four
League Coordinator:
@morphee7
Date:
06/10/2020
Members Involved:
@Steve Allan and @MauritzOsim (Cars 49 and 736)
Description:
During Lap one, I have noticed that there is a massive crash on the Apex of Turn 5 before the first straight and I've decided to take a slightly tighter line in which would have affected my run onto the long straight when car 736 driven my Malherbe hit my car 49 and resulted in not only some light damaged on the rear but failed to give the position back. However, as you can see from the chase came he didn't rejoin safetly and didn't awareness to the other drivers which is against the rules stated in the AOR League rules 1.6 about Spacial awareness and I quote

1.6 Spacial Awareness

● If you spin off whilst the pack is close, rejoining the track immediately is ill-advised. You do not ghost and you will cause accidents. Staying still is the best option until the other cars have avoided you. It is far easier to avoid a stationary obstacle.

● If you spin off whilst a competitor is close, you have to brake and stay on the brake to avoid your car rolling randomly onto the track. Failing to do so may result in a penalty.

● If you go off the track, rejoin in a manner that is both safe and in no way a danger to other competitors.

Evidence: