Best of the Rest
- May 9, 2014
Here we are, the all-important info for the first season of the Xbox Rocket League Championship!
Here's an overview and a few ground rules:
- Group stage - each team plays each other once
- Top 4 teams progress to the playoff phase, starting with the semi-finals.
- Losers of the semi-finals play for third place, with the two winners progressing to the final to play for the NON-EXISTENT CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!! (Bragging rights will do, right?)
- 2 teams of 2 players
- 5 minutes per game + Overtime if required
- 3 games per match
- 1 Point per game won (Max of 3 points per match)
- 0 Points for loss
- Failure to show up results in the opposing team getting all 3 points (will be applied at the start of the next gameweek unless there's an acceptable reason as to why the game wasn't played).
- Matches will take place through the create private game function, which is down to the teams involved to set up.
- Matches can be arranged for any time during the week, message your opponent either on here or on Xbox to schedule this.
- There will be 2 games each week, so make sure you know who to get in touch before the start of each gameweek.
- A team can forfeit a match if they are unable to assemble both players needed to start a game. The forfeiting team will not be punished for being unable to field a team and the opponent will pick up a 3-0 win but no goals, assists or saves will be given.
- Teams who constantly leave games due to losing will have their place in the league reviewed. We are here for fun and it's technically only possible for 1 of the 12 teams to go undefeated, so almost everyone will experience defeat.
- If a player disconnects during a match, the match will continue as normal, and the person who's disconnected is obviously allowed to try and rejoin the session before the end.
- If both players on a team disconnect, the forfeit rule applies and any remaining games can be rescheduled.
- Use Xbox Live Party Chat when you're playing.
- Rocket League rules apply during matches.
- Only 2v2 matches can take place - no team is allowed to start a game with one player.
- The result of every match must be screenshotted - this is so the standings can be fully updated, with stats for individual and team goals, saves, etc.
- To do this, double tap the Xbox button at the top of the controller and press the Y button.