XB1 - Mandatory recording of qualifying lap YES or NO? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Mandatory recording of qualifying lap YES or NO?

Mandatory recording, yes or no?

• YES

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • NO

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Self-explanatory. More and more drivers demand a mandatory recording of your qualifying lap rule. F1 tier on PS4 already got it, now the F1 tier on Xbox is thinking about it, too.

There are different ways to record your lap:
1. Xbox DVR set it to 5 minutes and save it after your lap
2. Mixer/Twitch
3. Capture card

Vote until the next race please.

TSRL CJ

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2017
I don't mind this but just wondered what sanctions there will be if you cut and it doesn't invalidate your lap?

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
ill just bring this up here, BPRL have been using this system for quite some time now

here is what their rules say (maybe we can use something similar to what they have)

if you dont record you quali lap or dont send it in for review then you are given a qualy ban for the next race, if you dont serve your quali ban at the next race you attend then its a race ban from then on

if you are deemed to have cut the track atleast once during your lap then you are given a warning

if you cut more than once - three times then your quali lap is put under review by all the stewards and is scrutinised by them, you are then either given penalty points or a quali ban depending on the result of the stewarding

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
ill just bring this up here, BPRL have been using this system for quite some time now

here is what their rules say (maybe we can use something similar to what they have)

if you dont record you quali lap or dont send it in for review then you are given a qualy ban for the next race, if you dont serve your quali ban at the next race you attend then its a race ban from then on

if you are deemed to have cut the track atleast once during your lap then you are given a warning

if you cut more than once - three times then your quali lap is put under review by all the stewards and is scrutinised by them, you are then either given penalty points or a quali ban depending on the result of the stewarding
Good idea but people will try to avoid it by not uploading their lap before the 48hr deadline, i think we should allow more time for invalid Laps to be bought up in the stewards

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Good idea but people will try to avoid it by not uploading their lap before the 48hr deadline, i think we should allow more time for invalid Laps to be bought up in the stewards
I'm co-ordinating PS4 and we've reduced the deadline to 48 hours, meaning that once laps are uploaded there will always be time to review them and take drivers to the stewards if necessary. Failing to upload in this time limit will give the driver a warning/quali ban (however you guys decide to sanction it) so they still get punished.

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I don't really mind this rule. Does it apply to all qualy laps, or just the fastest?

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
It really takes no hassle at all to record your lap, and with xbox dvr it's also very easy to then upload it. There is literally no solid reason not to do it from a drivers POV, only the coordinator/stewards can complain about having to do more work

Reactions: C0LDH3AD

AOR BiGGzY96

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 8, 2014
This is a great idea and i would love to see it implemented, but there has to be some kind of system where if you're busy then you can upload your lap after the 48 hr deadline, i mean this is unlikely to happen but i know that sometimes i finish a race sunday evening, go straight to bed, and the next free time i have is wednesday due to work and other commitments, like i said this is very rare but there should be some kind of rule where we can send a message to our league cod and say "look im gonna be busy till wed/thurs can i upload my lap then? plus what happens if u record ur quali lap, come to upload it and it hasnt saved/recorded properly? a good idea but it has to be done right xD

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
This is a great idea and i would love to see it implemented, but there has to be some kind of system where if you're busy then you can upload your lap after the 48 hr deadline, i mean this is unlikely to happen but i know that sometimes i finish a race sunday evening, go straight to bed, and the next free time i have is wednesday due to work and other commitments, like i said this is very rare but there should be some kind of rule where we can send a message to our league cod and say "look im gonna be busy till wed/thurs can i upload my lap then? plus what happens if u record ur quali lap, come to upload it and it hasnt saved/recorded properly? a good idea but it has to be done right xD
Record it on the Xbox DVR, it will be uploaded by the time the race has finished and if you can't upload it to the forums its easy for someone else to go on your profile and watch the lap.

• Agree
Reactions: Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
YES won the voting with 76.5% of the votes. This means the mandatory recording will start tonight at the British GP.

Reactions: EVR Morvic
Status
Not open for further replies.