PS4 - Mid-term Reports S16 A1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Mid-term Reports S16 A1

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Season 16 of AOR F1 leagues has reached its halfway point and as we're going on a two-week Xmas break, it's time to reflect on the first half of the season. Tactician, PS4 F2 coordinator, has been doing this for the last season and so we're bringing it to a wider scale for whoever wants to participate. This is only for fun and it's not something that every league member has to do during their holidays. If you do have the time to revisit the first 10 races, I'd be delighted to read your thoughts on everything related to Season 16 :)

Here's the questions (you may copy/paste them to your post and add your answers below each question).

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far?

What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your first half of the season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

Like I said, there's absolutely no need to answer if you don't feel like it but I'd greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time write their thoughts.

tamd23

Pro Karter
Jul 11, 2018

In terms of racing I'd say Austria but on a more personal level I'd say Spain. Fighting through the field after bottling quali and fighting cars basically the whole race was really fun

No contest here. Britain was awful (I think most would agree with that). Being taken out early on and driving most of the race by myself was super boring. Also frustrating as I had the pace to win

I love the fact that the field is so close and competitive. In quali you have to nail the lap to be near the front which is great. Driving standards are fantastic from most but a select few let it down

Have your pre-season expectations been fullfilled so far?

In terms of my own performance I have been way above what I expected. I feel really unlucky to not be in the title fight but it is what it is :)

I hope that the standard of driving improves from some and that more drivers turn up to races. I'm gonna stop thinking about the championship and just enjoy it now so hopefully the second half of the season is good fun

In terms of my own driving I have been way better than expected as said earlier. But having several races ruined through no fault of my own and the general atmosphere in the chat has let it down a little

6/10

I just want to say that we need to stop acting in a childish way in the chat. We don't need to have people making attacks at others. I'd also want to point out that you should always respect decisions that the Cod makes. As far as I'm concerned @Harinioarg does a fantastic job and shouldn't be attacked as he was last night

GameAholicFTW

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
My best race was Australia but my favorite race are actually 2: Austria and England. Even tho both of my potential podiums were washed awayas I got damage due to desync, I feel that I did the best performances there with both good qualifying results and good enough race pace.

Well that depends. I think both Austria and England were my lowpoints. Even tho I stated that they were my most favorite races, I lost out on 2 near certain podiums (after some great qualifying results for me) because I got damage due to desync... That was really frustrating for me as I felt like I had good pace.

The competition is fierce. It's the game that is making it hard to have good battles. There are too many issues with desync and a few driver's don't know etiquettes. But other than that, I'm happy that I'm driving such talented and fast drivers.

No. I had too many points in the first part of the season taken away from me because of other racers or damage due to desync. I set a target for myself to get the same result as last season with 2 podiums and 50 ish points and so far I'm not on target.

What I hope: Codemasters to fix their game.
What I expect: That some drivers learn how to behave normally on- and off the track.

I want to thank our coordinator @Harinioarg for his great work so far this (and last) season. He is the man that singlehandedly got us on the official AOR YouTube channel and has been doing great work so far. No one would've done a better job than him and I would like to thank him for that.

Larkin

3-time AOR PS4 Assist League 1 Champion
Dec 29, 2017
Personally China was my best race, but I think Austria was the best in terms of entertainment. The moment where 7 cars were within a second of each other was insane.

Australia was my worst due to a desync crash at the beginning. Least favourite was Monaco, because it's Monaco, even though Sander crashing was very funny.

Level of competition is fantastic. There are so many people that can, and do win each race. Take Vettelfan out of the equation and the title race would be super close. I think with the closeness of the field, and the competitive aspect of it all, it's creating some problems off the track but we will deal with that. The level of racing has been fine for the most part, though with Aldooro and Twannieboy ruining things it puts a downer on things.

I think so. It was expected that a lot of the drivers would up their games this year, and the overall quality of the field has risen, making it harder to win races.

To carry on trying to challenge for the title, though that's looking increasingly hard against Vettelfan, so maybe to come 2nd in the championship will now be my aim.

8/10

Shoutout to the best coordinator, and future London grime artist Harinioarg. Shoutout to the discord gang. Shoutout to Fuz for always believing in me. Shoutout to Mich and Falcon for commentating every race and gaining gaining GAINING more fans of A1.

JCoL

S17 AOR PS4 Assist League 1 Champion
Apr 4, 2018

I have 2, first one is Austria due to the intense battling between the whole field and was more than an intense race, second favourite race is Britain as it was one where I felt really confident in myself to do well in and pulled out a good result.

Least favourite race of the season has to go to China, all of the commotion that occurred in that track was a joke, by far one of the worst races I’ve participated in.

Compared to last season, the whole field apart from a few can win a race, it isn’t really close throughout the entire field and again take Austria as an example when about 7-8 cars were all within a second of each other.

By far, I knew the grid would be a lot more intense this year but this has been a very difficult season.

To at least get my first win in the near future and be fighting for the title and to win the constructors championship.

8/10

Wanna say a big thank you to our coordinator @Harinioarg for getting us on the AOR channel even though a lot of people see us as just ‘The assist league’ also thank you to my teammate @Larkin for doing the rain dance every week in hopes of getting rain even though we never manage to get any rain , another thank you to Mich and Falcon for the commentaries every week, both of those guys smash it in terms of commentating and finally a big thank you to all the guys in the discord chat that are always down to practice or do anything! Thank you all for a great 2018, here’s to an even better 2019!

VettelFan05

Pro Karter
Feb 17, 2018

In terms of my perosnal pace I would say Monaco, but in terms of action Austria. I mean, these 11 laps were mental.

Britain, even when I've won, I had no fun driving on that race due to the game's good job in causing chaos with bugs and a lot of desync.

I like it how close the field is. Just look at the qualifying in Britain. If it stays like that, I would be very happy.

My expectations weren't that high, so I'm a bit surprised that I'm actually at the top right now. But we still need to drive some tracks, I absolutely hate (Germany -_-), so I still expect a close championship fight.

Bwoah, I will try to defend the championship lead, but mostly, I expect some close fights at the front (and that Codies fix their game).

8.5-10. So far, I'm very happy, but it could be way better, if I hadn't been too aggressive at some races.

I want to give a massive shoutout to our league coordinator @Harinioarg for his excellent job so far organizing this league. Also I want to give an shoutout to Mich and Falcon, who did a very good job at commentating so far. I hope, it stays like that for the future.

sevillaste_11

Formula Karter
Aug 12, 2018

They have been very interesting. Generally for entertainment, Austria of course, and personally France, it was my best race of the season with Great Britain

Bahrain, my career was horrible, ridiculous race pace and bad strategy.

Honestly I expected that the level was lower, I'm glad that has not been fulfilled because I like to fight in the middle area of the grill

Obviously, I never saw myself fighting for podiums, especially for my results at the beginning of the season.

Continue as in these last 4 races, fight for the middle zone and have a lot of fun.

If I look at the start of the season, a 4/10, but if I consider these last races, a 9/10. I'm going up quite a bit in pace and it motivates me more for the second half of the season

Thanks for making a assists league, it was impossible for me to play without any help. Also thank @Harinioarg for the excellent administration and commentators Falcon and Mich who encourage the broadcast. Great job everyone, see you on January 6!

Harinioarg

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Even tho i won Bahrain GP and probably thats going to be the only track i am going to win this season i really enjoyed Canada having to work for it and overtake lots of cars after another disappointing Wet Quali. I hate rain.

Monaco. Crashed stupidly by laughing at @GameAholicFTW crashing himself

High competition for the title even tho @VettelFan05 is a bloody robot. Not mega fast but he doesnt make any mistakes. Gaps couldnt be any closer with 8 cars fighting for the win each race.

Above expectations. I knew competition was going to be tough.

Hopefully P2. Winning the tile is kinda a reach. Getting P2 will be hard as well.

I ll go with a 8. I could have scored more points in Monaco and Spain but it is what it is. Hopefully i can do better in the second half of the season.

Well i think we achieved a lot this season as off last year as well. The exposure by AOR and getting some streams on the AOR channel was amazing to see but its unfortunate that it didnt last long.

Thanks to Michemery Falcon and Smithy for commentating most of the races until recent. They always going to be a part of the AOR family and i wish them the best going forwards.

Shoutout to the AOR Discord Lads and especially to @Larkin @GameAholicFTW @Adrilocdoc @JCoL @Jos_Heinssie @Schnixel @fuzailm1 @EnergeticsixNL @tamd23 @VettelFan05 @Willo_Wolves @RC7_NI and many more sorry if i forgot to mention anyone. No matter what tier we got placed in we stick together. Cannot wait to see some of you in person soon :eyes:

I also want to thank everyone for their kind words about my cod duties, i really appreciate it and of course
I'm trying to do better than good enough ;)

Jos_Heinssie

Pro Karter
Jul 5, 2018
Even tho i won Bahrain GP and probably thats going to be the only track i am going to win this season i really enjoyed Canada having to work for it and overtake lots of cars after another disappointing Wet Quali. I hate rain.

Monaco. Crashed stupidly by laughing at @GameAholicFTW crashing himself

High competition for the title even tho @VettelFan05 is a bloody robot. Not mega fast but he doesnt make any mistakes. Gaps couldnt be any closer with 8 cars fighting for the win each race.

Above expectations. I knew competition was going to be tough.

Hopefully P2. Winning the tile is kinda a reach. Getting P2 will be hard as well.

I ll go with a 8. I could have scored more points in Monaco and Spain but it is what it is. Hopefully i can do better in the second half of the season.

Well i think we achieved a lot this season as off last year as well. The exposure by AOR and getting some streams on the AOR channel was amazing to see but its unfortunate that it didnt last long.

Thanks to Michemery Falcon and Smithy for commentating most of the races until recent. They always going to be a part of the AOR family and i wish them the best going forwards.

Shoutout to the AOR Discord Lads and especially to @Larkin @GameAholicFTW @Adrilocdoc @JCoL @Jos_Heinssie @Schnixel @fuzailm1 @EnergeticsixNL @tamd23 @VettelFan05 @Willo_Wolves @RC7_NI and many more sorry if i forgot to mention anyone. No matter what tier we got placed in we stick together. Cannot wait to see some of you in person soon :eyes:

I also want to thank everyone for their kind words about my cod duties, i really appreciate it and of course
I'm trying to do better than good enough ;)
We need to meet up with the AOR Lads

Harinioarg

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks everyone for your report. Have a great second half of the season and we will report back on the end of the season!

Reactions: GameAholicFTW
Status
Not open for further replies.