Modern Championship - Round 1 (Spain) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Modern Championship - Round 1 (Spain)

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Rally Banner.png

Welcome to the first round of the DiRT 4 Rally League, in the Modern Championship!

Stage Information:
Date/Time Start: 09/04/18 00:00 GMT
Date/Time End: 15/04/18 23:30 GMT

Important Links:
Calendar
League Information
League Rules

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Hey all! This is the place to discuss how your rally went, and general discussion about the league/event.

Since this is round 1, make sure you give the League Info and League Rules a quick glance, even if your returning from last season as we have a few new rules implemented and a few changes from last season. The main difference is the new Power Stages feature, which you can read about below

1. ● Power Stages:
This season we'll be introducing Power Stages into the Rally format. Power Stages will function like they do in WRC, the last stage of each rally will server a secondary purpose aside from being a normal stage. On top of it's normal function the top 5 of that stage will receive the following points:
  1. 5 Points
  2. 4 Points
  3. 3 Points
  4. 2 Points
  5. 1 Points
These points will count towards the Drivers' and Constructors' Championship standings.
Other changes include an increase of stages from 6 to 8 per rally, and an event restart will be allowed for all drivers to cater for hardware failure and the like.

With that, lets get onto the first stage (y)

@SereneLogic @igor55 @Hayden_430 @Joseph Baigent @Edwinsimo @xXMARKELiNXx @Faerge @VICENTE ALARCÓN @SavageSnailx69x @BarriKimi @AOR Gizmo @Juisetus @Danglyciano @neonostra @izamusing @Veloce_Primero @Da4thSuspect @TRL Axeman @danjbirch @SubaruWRX522 @mirk @Rcfly3r1 @frankodrose @AddictivePenguin @SCHWANTZ3493 @EpilepticToast @Nat Strode @Jamesatpeellol

neonostra

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe a silly question, but if I start with the first stage...do I have to do all 8 at once or can I spread this between different days?

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
@neonostra Every two stages (so before Stage 3, 5 etc) There will be a service break which you can use as a break (so you can quit the game without losing your progress in the rally).

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Did mine last night right after it opened. So much F****ing fog :dead:, brutal!
Crashed a couple times early on when the visibility dropped to near nothing but the rain/ clear stages felt decent enough to possibly make some ground back up. Power stage was quite clean but a little too much on the cautious side to be right up there I think, here is the on board of my run:

not expecting much of a result from this round unless many other drivers run into fog trouble too. Just hope it doesn't become a resetfest tbh, should really be a DSQ for anyone who puts in a final event time and then re runs all the stages to gain an unfair advantage over opponents and put in a better time. No excuse for that at least imo.

EpilepticToast

Dec 11, 2016
is anyone else having issues logging into their racenet to view leagues on D4 & DR?

EpilepticToast

Dec 11, 2016
I seem to be able to access 'clubs' in game if I keep spamming it after the racenet error message pops up, it lets me in every 20 or so tries and then acts fine from there :unsure:. Trying to access on my computer though, I get this error every time I try log in
cmcraperror.png

mirk

AOR DiRT 4 Reigning World Rally Champion
Sep 2, 2017
I seem to be able to access 'clubs' in game if I keep spamming it after the racenet error message pops up, it lets me in every 20 or so tries and then acts fine from there :unsure:. Trying to access on my computer though, I get this error every time I try log in
View attachment 44784
Ok, that strange :unsure:.
Im able to login to the website, but im not able to get any result when i click on a clubs event. It only shows a empty list.
But a the moment it seems like it works as it should here.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Did mine last night right after it opened. So much F****ing fog :dead:, brutal!
Crashed a couple times early on when the visibility dropped to near nothing but the rain/ clear stages felt decent enough to possibly make some ground back up. Power stage was quite clean but a little too much on the cautious side to be right up there I think, here is the on board of my run:

not expecting much of a result from this round unless many other drivers run into fog trouble too. Just hope it doesn't become a resetfest tbh, should really be a DSQ for anyone who puts in a final event time and then re runs all the stages to gain an unfair advantage over opponents and put in a better time. No excuse for that at least imo.
Those pace toes seem distracting if anything to me.When you are being told what is happening in 4 corners climb it must be quite confusing,at least at first.

EpilepticToast

Dec 11, 2016
Those pace toes seem distracting if anything to me.When you are being told what is happening in 4 corners climb it must be quite confusing,at least at first.
If you mean pace notes then yeah I probably should have adjusted them for Spain so they were said a bit later, completely forgot. That could have helped some in the fog too damn :banghead:. Think how I have them now is for Michigan so its a few corners ahead. Better early than late for pace notes though!

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
If you mean pace notes then yeah I probably should have adjusted them for Spain so they were said a bit later, completely forgot. That could have helped some in the fog too damn :banghead:. Think how I have them now is for Michigan so its a few corners ahead. Better early than late for pace notes though!
Yeah I meant pace notes.I missed the n and then autocorrect decided to do it's thing.

Reactions: EpilepticToast

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Pace notes in spain are bare awful tbh. Some corners are 1 if not 2 levels too low. (We all know that "Right 3" in the hills)

• Agree
Reactions: EpilepticToast