Modern Championship - Round 1 (Spain) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Modern Championship - Round 1 (Spain)

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
Regarding pace notes, I think they're awful as well. No off-camber calls where there should be and above all, I haven't heard a correct "don't cut" call in a while. I was practicing on singleplayer yesterday and I crashed in a guard rail twice on a blind right because I wasn't instructed to stay in the middle. Anyway, at least it's the same for everyone so it feels more fair.

I also recieved two messages on my dirt mailbox saying I was invited to join the Modern and Classic leagues on racenet even though I am already in it. The whole message seemed really glitched because it had some weird HTML-looking code and it also didn't say who sent it. Just a blank spot where the sender's name should have been. Anybody knows anything about this? On dirt4game.com it says Im in the leagues so I guess I shouldn't worry about it..?

• Agree
Reactions: EpilepticToast

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Regarding pace notes, I think they're awful as well. No off-camber calls where there should be and above all, I haven't heard a correct "don't cut" call in a while. I was practicing on singleplayer yesterday and I crashed in a guard rail twice on a blind right because I wasn't instructed to stay in the middle. Anyway, at least it's the same for everyone so it feels more fair.

I also recieved two messages on my dirt mailbox saying I was invited to join the Modern and Classic leagues on racenet even though I am already in it. The whole message seemed really glitched because it had some weird HTML-looking code and it also didn't say who sent it. Just a blank spot where the sender's name should have been. Anybody knows anything about this? On dirt4game.com it says Im in the leagues so I guess I shouldn't worry about it..?
Yeah, I get those messages too, don't worry about them. Pace notes will improve as the season goes along, by far Spain is the worst, followed by Sweden.

mirk

AOR DiRT 4 Reigning World Rally Champion
Sep 2, 2017
Its the same for me. I think this is a general bug.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Its the same for me. I think this is a general bug.
Not as gamebreaking as the ones I talked to Codies' employees about, so it's of lesser importance to them :p

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
How are you guys so fast in fog. I tried to play it safe on those stages but still ended up with a flat tyre and half a car after stage 2.
One small question, do you guys use setups? Because until now I always played with the default setup and I'm wondering if it's worth putting time in.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
How are you guys so fast in fog. I tried to play it safe on those stages but still ended up with a flat tyre and half a car after stage 2.
One small question, do you guys use setups? Because until now I always played with the default setup and I'm wondering if it's worth putting time in.
I do use setups, fror R5 cars google setup and you'll find some. Although it's most just playing around and finding what does and doesn't work. :p

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
Okay so I finished all the stages. 2nd so far, Quite happy with the end result considering I hadn't properly played D4 since 2017 but I am sure that also applies for many people in here. Anyway, first 3 stages were quite good although I was also very lucky not to fly off a cliff when I had an off on SS2 (I actually got trapped behind a guardrail and had to ride ~200m on the side of a cliff). Then in Stage 3 I also got lucky when I missed a hairpin in the forest, but there was lots of runoff area so I was able to get back on track with no further issues. From that point onwards I just maintained pace and built a safety gap in preparation for the Power Stage. Power Stage was going fine with only a few minor mistakes but one sector before the finish line I flipped my car and that was the end of my hopes for a power stage win. Great driving from Mirk (especially in the second fog stage). I felt like I was on the limit of safety and not safety, but somehow he managed to go 9sec quicker.

Oh also, one of the stages said Fog Patches but for me it was fog the entire course. Was this the same for other people as well?

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Okay so I finished all the stages. 2nd so far, Quite happy with the end result considering I hadn't properly played D4 since 2017 but I am sure that also applies for many people in here. Anyway, first 3 stages were quite good although I was also very lucky not to fly off a cliff when I had an off on SS2 (I actually got trapped behind a guardrail and had to ride ~200m on the side of a cliff). Then in Stage 3 I also got lucky when I missed a hairpin in the forest, but there was lots of runoff area so I was able to get back on track with no further issues. From that point onwards I just maintained pace and built a safety gap in preparation for the Power Stage. Power Stage was going fine with only a few minor mistakes but one sector before the finish line I flipped my car and that was the end of my hopes for a power stage win. Great driving from Mirk (especially in the second fog stage). I felt like I was on the limit of safety and not safety, but somehow he managed to go 9sec quicker.

Oh also, one of the stages said Fog Patches but for me it was fog the entire course. Was this the same for other people as well?
Yeah, fog patches can equal to 100% fog. Also, I saw your pace, I was following the timing live, I wish I was that fast :D

mirk

AOR DiRT 4 Reigning World Rally Champion
Sep 2, 2017
A good setup is a must in my opinion. I feel in D4 skill is about 50% and 50% is a good setup that fit you drive style. In most cases I have a base setup for gravel, tarmac and snow that i feel fast comfortable with, that i do small tweeks to during warmup if needed.

• Agree

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
A good setup is a must in my opinion. I feel in D4 skill is about 50% and 50% is a good setup that fit you drive style. In most cases I have a base setup for gravel, tarmac and snow that i feel fast comfortable with, that i do small tweeks to during warmup if needed.
Tarmac I feel is the trickiest to get right, since it really doesn't suit the cars we're driving and the options we're being given.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for the info on the setups. Going to try and make a good one for Sweden.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Thanks for the info on the setups. Going to try and make a good one for Sweden.
Good luck with that Sweden is by far the trickiest to get right, since it features both slow and fast, straight and curvy, level and angled, jumpy and flat sections.

Rcfly3r1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 19, 2016
i have done all of the stages but my final stage is not appearing on the dirt 4 website?

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
it says that i did a 9:04
but it says dnf on one part of it although i completed it
Show me a screenshot with your times, please. Then I can save it and note down those sunday,