• PS4

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • XB1

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

A.J. Frederick

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2016
So, This probably won't work cause my ideas never do. I disappeared a little before F1 2016 came out due to having my ping just be on the border of 150 and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get any better. Well, I have come back with a proposition that may get turned down. You probably got from the name of the thread that I think there should be a North American tier for F1. There is a US tier for gt3 so I think it could be possible for a new tier for F1.

Just a thought

- Me

Last edited by a moderator:

Vengeance1415

Junior Karter
Oct 11, 2016
I feel your pain bro i'm on PC in The US and i can't join the pc league due to it being in the uk so maybe we shold try and get us leagues going for console and pc players in america

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I'm in the US as well and my ping is just good enough to race in the league, but I would also be interested in a US tier.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
A US or North American tier would be nice for those of us on this side of the Atlantic but we are hampered by a lack of numbers in general on the F1 games, let alone this site. I think on PS4 we have less than 10 North Americans on PS4 over the 5 tiers we have (not any better on PC or XB1). So having an entire league dedicated for those players is a stretch, but something that could be considered in the future if the demand is there. The site has seen growth in the number of North American drivers over the last few years, and with the addition of Haas for Americans and Stroll for the Canadians we should continue to see our numbers rise.

Vengeance1415

Junior Karter
Oct 11, 2016
Right you are but hey i have 2014 and 2016 on steam so if you are on pc in america i am willing to race you

Fruitsalsa

Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
You all say this like ping across the US is a trivial thing. :)
Indeed it is not a trivial thing, but before we even begin talking East coast/West coast servers, we should begin to see the interest the region as a whole ;)

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Personally I'd rather race with the Europeans than just North Americans on Sundays. The 2 North American leagues I've been apart of lack a competitive field from front to back which makes it a largely boring affair due to a lack of drivers.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
It's just that racing in European evening time is so inconvenient to stay consistent. Racing at 8pm on a Sunday is something that anyone can do worldwide. When you're racing in the early to mid afternoon, there's most likely other stuff you could/should be doing.

I suggest scrapping F1 and put your money towards some iRacing. It's been a game changer for me. Races at the top of every hour, and a lot more NA friendly racers there :)

Coyote

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 29, 2017
It's just that racing in European evening time is so inconvenient to stay consistent. Racing at 8pm on a Sunday is something that anyone can do worldwide. When you're racing in the early to mid afternoon, there's most likely other stuff you could/should be doing.

I suggest scrapping F1 and put your money towards some iRacing. It's been a game changer for me. Races at the top of every hour, and a lot more NA friendly racers there :)
I'm the opposite...I work at night so 8PM US time would be nearly impossible for me. 8PM European is a great time for me, being an oddball out on that.

Coming from iRacing, I can definitely say that just scrapping F1 to put your money towards iRacing is a bit of a stretch. iRacing is subscription based and you need to buy individual cars and tracks (They do give you about..15 cars out of 80+, and about 15 tracks out of 80+ if you just pay for the subscription). Each car and track will run you from 10-15 dollars each. The subscription is 13 dollars monthly. There are discounts for buying tracks/cars in bulk, and buying bulk subscriptions.

TLDR: iRacing, while very enjoyable, will definitely take time, dedication, and a good bit of money.

• Agree
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
I'm the opposite...I work at night so 8PM US time would be nearly impossible for me. 8PM European is a great time for me, being an oddball out on that.

Coming from iRacing, I can definitely say that just scrapping F1 to put your money towards iRacing is a bit of a stretch. iRacing is subscription based and you need to buy individual cars and tracks (They do give you about..15 cars out of 80+, and about 15 tracks out of 80+ if you just pay for the subscription). Each car and track will run you from 10-15 dollars each. The subscription is 13 dollars monthly. There are discounts for buying tracks/cars in bulk, and buying bulk subscriptions.

TLDR: iRacing, while very enjoyable, will definitely take time, dedication, and a good bit of money.
You're right. I guess I didn't really market it very well :rofl:
I was coming from a quality / satisfaction of racing standpoint more than efficiency and affordability

And to tack on to what you were saying schedule-wise - I also work a job where my hours are around the clock, so I'm lucky enough that I can join a lot of european leagues myself. That's why I'm here.

Coyote

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 29, 2017
You're right. I guess I didn't really market it very well :rofl:
I was coming from a quality / satisfaction of racing standpoint more than efficiency and affordability

And to tack on to what you were saying schedule-wise - I also work a job where my hours are around the clock, so I'm lucky enough that I can join a lot of european leagues myself. That's why I'm here.
I get ya. Quality/Satisfaction wise, yeah. iRacing is fantastic. Basically why I still use it after 4 years, and continue to plan on using it. And the fact you are racing actual people in every single race, rather then AI, definitely spices it up a bit.

Alice R

Junior Karter
Aug 25, 2017
issue would be that no matter how many people joined, there would be a huge gap in skill due to the lack of overall numbers

• Agree
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

Agent Jeich

Junior Karter
Jul 6, 2017
Hey! USA dude here who was too late to race last season. I think a NA league is a great idea, it may suck for a season but I imagine that AOR is looked at by tons of NA people who then bail when they realize it is Europe based. I may not really understand the extent of NA's desire to race, but I think it is a great idea. If it gets created put my name in!

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
A poll has been added to this thread. If you are interested in a North American League, please mark down the platform you wish to race on.