Official Highlights Submission & Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Official Highlights Submission & Discussion

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
aalliigg;n34724 said:
Just a note; it's not that 'same' quality loss. You will lose double the quality. Every time a video is processed, it reduces it down to your set bitrate, regardless of how the original video looked.

It's always better to send the original file. :)
ah ok, I had considered this MIGHT be the case. Still, low quality video is better than no video at all, but if you guys are capable of using google drive instead do that :)

Jan 14, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n34736 said:
ah ok, I had considered this MIGHT be the case. Still, low quality video is better than no video at all, but if you guys are capable of using google drive instead do that :)
People who can upload their videos to YouTube can also upload to Google Drive since YouTube, Gmail and Drive accounts belong the same Google account. Also note that uploading records to Drive is theoretically faster than uploading them to YouTube. Because, as Alex mentioned too, YouTube spends time to process and enhance the video.

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Furkan Özcan;n35327 said:
People who can upload their videos to YouTube can also upload to Google Drive since YouTube, Gmail and Drive accounts belong the same Google account. Also note that uploading records to Drive is theoretically faster than uploading them to YouTube. Because, as Alex mentioned too, YouTube spends time to process and enhance the video.
'enhance'

Brilliant!

Apr 18, 2014
I'm going to upload my race edit, without the commentary. Tell me if it's way too short for you and if you'd like me to upload the whole race next time (Malaysia).

EDIT: I shared it with you guys, tell me if you've received it.

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
Kristian Nenov;n35617 said:
I'm going to upload my race edit, without the commentary. Tell me if it's way too short for you and if you'd like me to upload the whole race next time (Malaysia).

EDIT: I shared it with you guys, tell me if you've received it.
received! I'm about to start watching it now and taking notes. I've already gotten footage for 6 other drivers and taken notes for all their videos, you'll be number seven. Kifla I'm still waiting on but he told me it might be cutting it close, Alex I'm still waiting on as well, and Cem. If I get all three of those that means 10 POV for the video... not too shabby :D

For anyone who hasn't submitted yet but would like to, I think we'll be a little on the relaxed side as far as the deadline, so if you can get me your video by end of day Thursday even I think that would be just fine. We'll stick with wednesday as a deadline for future weeks still, but this week we can have a little extension :p

EDIT: nevermind, I have kifla's, I forgot he linked it, just waiting on alex/cem as far as I know

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
already done watching everyone's video who I've gotten so far, Cem's should be ready soon and I don't have Alex's yet, but I may of missed it or something, we'll figure it out. In addition to going through and finding what laps/sectors the best stuff happened, but also did a lap by lap "chart" of who has clips on what laps, it looks like this:

as you can see it's pretty full, but there are some laps where we only have one POV, so more are ALWAYS welcome. Also for those of you who are doing highlights instead of full races you might want to include your qualifying laps, it will only increase the length of your video by 1-2 minutes and you might be selected for the side by side comparison. not mandatory but we only got a couple of qualy laps this time.

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
all videos are received! We've got 11 POV total! pretty insane, really looking forward to the video :D

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n36059 said:
all videos are received! We've got 11 POV total! pretty insane, really looking forward to the video :D
That's amazing. Really awesome job everyone, what a turn out! :D
Hopefully we can stay at that, and even get some more! :)

I can't wait to see the video. When should it be out?

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
aalliigg;n36076 said:
That's amazing. Really awesome job everyone, what a turn out! :D
Hopefully we can stay at that, and even get some more! :)

I can't wait to see the video. When should it be out?
This one will definitely be late, hopefully they will get easier each week as we become more practiced at it, I sent the Highlights info to Mikko last night, not sure if he has time to do editing today or not. Once it's done being edited we still have to record the commentary. I've been saying Monday or Tuesday but it might be more like Wednesday at this point. My notes are pretty good however, so Mikko shouldn't have too much trouble piecing it all together. We won't be doing any driver interviews for this one though, obviously, as we have enough on our plate for this first episode.

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
just an update for you guys! I'm getting lots of Malaysia footage but still missing some videos so keep 'em rolling in. The Australia video is almost done being edited but I'm working 12 hour days on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So our first opportunity will be on Sunday when you guys are racing China. Which means the video won't be out until Monday or Tuesday of NEXT week at least. I'm currently working two jobs but one of them ends on Saturday as it's only a temp job. Very sorry for the delays, I expect each video will take a little bit less time as we get more and more comfortable with the process.

I also wanted to reassure everyone that I am ALREADY working on watching Malaysia replays, so just because Australia isn't out yet doesn't mean we aren't hard at work on Malaysia already :)

EDIT: ok we're gonna try to do it Saturday actually, hopefully can squeeze it in. Also we currently have 7 POV of malaysia, which is plenty for a video, but less than Australia of course. the cut-off time of Midnight Wednesday is now NULL AND VOID, just get me your files at your earliest convenience, I will post again in this thread when Malaysia videos are locked in.

Smuffler

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2014
A word from myself as well, it's been a hectic couple of weeks for me. Finishing off coursework for school, work, other hobbies and a new missus that just popped into my life. Not to mention that my apartment building has been under renovation for two weeks now, they've power drilled the coating off the walls from 7 am until 2 pm every weekday since they started. Not to mention that they've covered up all the windows, so it's been like living in a dark hole.

The worst is now over (not having to sleep with earplugs on I hope) and I'll hopefully be able to edit the whole thing tomorrow for commentary. Thanks for your patience, many of you I know are eagerly waiting for the videos and they are being worked on, be assured.

- Mikko

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Smuffler;n38486 said:
A word from myself as well, it's been a hectic couple of weeks for me. Finishing off coursework for school, work, other hobbies and a new missus that just popped into my life. Not to mention that my apartment building has been under renovation for two weeks now, they've power drilled the coating off the walls from 7 am until 2 pm every weekday since they started. Not to mention that they've covered up all the windows, so it's been like living in a dark hole.

The worst is now over (not having to sleep with earplugs on I hope) and I'll hopefully be able to edit the whole thing tomorrow for commentary. Thanks for your patience, many of you I know are eagerly waiting for the videos and they are being worked on, be assured.

- Mikko
There has been SO much banging going on in your apartment recently. :)

Reactions: FakeGhostPirate

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
another update!

we're recording the commentary TONIGHT! Hopefully not much longer for the video :)

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n39194 said:
another update!

we're recording the commentary TONIGHT! Hopefully not much longer for the video :)
DEAL!!! :D

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
Malaysia will be out Monday, sorry guys, our first opportunity to do the commentary is tomorrow at like 10pm GMT, so video will be out monday.

I have good news though, I'm no longer working 60 hours a week so I should be able to really motor through the china and bahrain videos this week. thanks for your patience guys!

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
Jack1st;n42985 said:
if there will be any videos haha :p
yeah China we have less footage of course because of the disconnects, but we'll make due. our old videos only had 2 POVs so we'll make it work :D

Malaysia commentary is recorded, WHAT A RACE! you guys are the best :)

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n43107 said:
yeah China we have less footage of course because of the disconnects, but we'll make due. our old videos only had 2 POVs so we'll make it work :D

Malaysia commentary is recorded, WHAT A RACE! you guys are the best :)
Just wait for China.. :p