Sep 30, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
#NiceWheelTrack

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
#NiceWheelTrack
Us pads have won Australia, Russia, Spain, Monaco, Canada, Baku and Austria this season, so I wouldn't write it off just because of that.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
And to think if @Lunation had stopped falling asleep after qualifying, and now we have @Detainable as well....

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
someone is 100% gonna get like 30 seconds of penatlies this race lmao, Austria is hard to get pens and people still managed it

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Did a practice race with @koldo today, i think my pace is good :D I was only 2 to 3 tenths slower per lap at the start on a compound harder so that was cool. Once his tyres started to go off i closed in quite a lot when we both pitted he was on Mediums and i was on Supersofts and i closed in a lot. I overtook him and made a mistake a lap later and spun at Chapel. I came back tho and overtook him on the final lap to take the lead once again with only 3 seconds worth of penalties which i'm quite happy with.

Attachments

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Did a practice race with @koldo today, i think my pace is good :D I was only 2 to 3 tenths slower per lap at the start on a compound harder so that was cool. Once his tyres started to go off i closed in quite a lot when we both pitted he was on Mediums and i was on Supersofts and i closed in a lot. I overtook him and made a mistake a lap later and spun at Chapel. I came back tho and overtook him on the final lap to take the lead once again with only 3 seconds worth of penalties which i'm quite happy with.
I've only done 1 practice run, tried going mediums, but they are so so slow lol, I was doing low 30s by the end of the race, so judging from your fastest laps my pace is probably decent

• Optimistic
Reactions: Julien2395

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I've only done 1 practice run, tried going mediums, but they are so so slow lol, I was doing low 30s by the end of the race, so judging from your fastest laps my pace is probably decent
My fastest lap was set on the Supersofts lel

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Well, tbh, I wish we'd all stop talking about wheel vs pad because honestly each platform has it's pros and cons. And with each platform, winning races comes down to practice and we all know SMEAJ puts in the most practice. So, moving away from that topic, has anyone done enough Silverstone practice to feel comfortable challenging SMEAJ for the win? Qually should be pretty close this race, im thinking most runners are going to be in the mid to high 27s. If you can pump out a low 27 ... that may seal the deal for pole

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Well, tbh, I wish we'd all stop talking about wheel vs pad because honestly each platform has it's pros and cons. And with each platform, winning races comes down to practice and we all know SMEAJ puts in the most practice. So, moving away from that topic, has anyone done enough Silverstone practice to feel comfortable challenging SMEAJ for the win? Qually should be pretty close this race, im thinking most runners are going to be in the mid to high 27s. If you can pump out a low 27 ... that may seal the deal for pole
it's a 100% fact that wheel is faster, you can be very fast on a pad if you practice enough, proof being shown, but it doesn't matter lol, I would hope you could, seems like it would be a good track for you

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@Aaron Shum Hopefully i can nail this weekend and outrace you for once xD

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
I haven't done any practice at all yet, I'm on about 2 hours sleep right now, I've got stuff to do over the next 2 days and the heating has stopped working in my house so it's approximately -3000 degrees. Not to mention the fact I always feel uncomfortable at this track. I'm not winning this bloody race, and if I do something must've gone seriously wrong for one of you guys lmao

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
I haven't done any practice at all yet, I'm on about 2 hours sleep right now, I've got stuff to do over the next 2 days and the heating has stopped working in my house so it's approximately -3000 degrees. Not to mention the fact I always feel uncomfortable at this track. I'm not winning this bloody race, and if I do something must've gone seriously wrong for one of you guys lmao
dw im in the same boat, barely any practice and I don't feel as good as I thought around here lol, Aaron might have a chance this race