PC - PC F4 Round 10 - Britain | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 Round 10 - Britain

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
I've also done absolutely no practice. And tbf don't have any motivation to either.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
I've also done absolutely no practice. And tbf don't have any motivation to either.
probably because there's nothing to play for since 1 person dominates

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
#StopFuckingWinning
I have to point out the fact that there's only been 2 races this season where I've been fastest in the build up to the race, those being Russia and Baku. Yet when it comes to the race everyone either crashes or just becomes a lot slower.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
I have to point out the fact that there's only been 2 races this season where I've been fastest in the build up to the race, those being Russia and Baku. Yet when it comes to the race everyone either crashes or just becomes a lot slower.
but but, you still win :////

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So unfortunately guys, I do not think I will be able to attend today. I have come down with something really bad, and it'll be near impossible for me to drive like this and if I tried I'd probably end up ruining someone's race. I'll keep u guys posted throughout the day if I start feeling better, but atm no attendy for me.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So a quick update. Me and @SMEAJ came to the conclusion it's worth me giving it a go, because then atleast there is a chance of me scoring points especially being in such a tight battle for 2nd,3rd and 4th in the drivers champ.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
I wont be there tonight, feeling quite sick and dont think i can concentrate for an entire race

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Great race there. I had 1.5 secs on my quali lap, but got fucked over by smeaj pausing on in-lap and arguably making the difference between me making it and not. Missed the lights, came into t1 and since I'm half asleep didn't even realise that lunation broke, went into the back of him. Then ended my life and pitted for m with the hope it would rain later and I'd judge it right. The new guy was gaining alot on me per lap, and I just lost all concentration and the very little motivation I had. The checked the weather on lap 11 and the engineer told me it was still 10-15 minutes altho he said that 6 laps go, so just got extremeley pissed off, I'd lost 9 seconds to the new guy in like 2 laps and had around 12 secs of penalties was last with no chance of points. Would have probably stayed if SC WAS ON LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Disclaimer: Not blaming @Chicane for that, I'm blaiming whoever didn't give it the go ahead when it was a clear vote, and we were told it would be in R10 at earliest, but I don't see why it could have not been put in for this race.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I know but we weren't informed or anything about it staying off for this round which they should say in my opinion.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I know but we weren't informed or anything about it staying off for this round which they should say in my opinion.
Chicane told me and Haydn just before the race it couldn't be, but to be honest I don't think it's something anyone should care about that much. To be honest I would've almost certainly won the race with SC on but I'm not complaining.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I've PM'ed The Genius about SC and I got this as a reply last night.
Still want a confirmation that the voting has been correct and that the cod team and admins approve. But that should not take longer than till next week. Sorry.
That's the reason the SC was still off this race.

I can imagine that it was a disappointment for some in particular tonight, because the field was spread out quite a bit after a few incidents in the beginning.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Quali on intermediates, didn't practice for that, and made a poor gamble on the front wing setting. P10. Still not too bad, but over 1.5 sec over the top 4 wasn't looking too nice.

R: Good and most importantly a clean start. After a few mistakes and incidents by others I got P5. @SMEAJ had to make an extra stop due to going for SS tyres. I was a bit optimistic in actually battling him on his fresh SS vs my old M, and wasted some time by being overtaken, which brought @Lunation more in position to attack me. I gambled right on when to go for intermediates, but @Lunation did the same, so the pressure was still on. In lap 23 he was really close after I overshot a corner, but he had a poor exit towards hangar straight and after that he never got into striking distance again. P5, with only 15 seconds from the winner is a steady result for me, probably got more than I deserved on raw pace, but that's racing :)

Highlights vid (including the engineer having that weird interpretation of the weather radar, as already mentioned by @Haydn :

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Q: I must be really good in the wet or something, there was a comfortable 4 tenths in that lap and still got pole by 7. Maybe I just want to not embarrass people as much ;)

But more importantly, I see it's going to start raining near the end of the race. Baring in mind the fresh tyres for the start as a result of the wet qualifying, this is when I knew my race was over. There is no way I could do more than 16 first-stint laps on the mediums so I wouldn't be able to do the 1 stop, like everybody else would. Most significantly, the pit lane loss is 30 seconds instead of the normal 22 ish at this bloody track, which despite all the other adversities was the only thing that actually cost me the win.

R: I know I have no other option than to bite the bullet and 2 stop. I see everyone around me on mediums, so I need to pull away in the first stint. Unfortunately my tyres die before I can pull more than 6 seconds, so I pit on lap 9 for another set of SS to (just about) take to the rain.
Doing the extra lap to go to 9 instead of 8 was an amazing decision for 2 reasons, as it prevented me from having to do the 3 stop and also got me ahead of 2 more cars on pit exit.
However I still have to pass 2 cars in Chicane and Alcon, and in-battle I get 2 (profitless) warnings for corner cutting. Now I see that I am 15 seconds away from Aaron in 3rd, and know my race is over.

I close the gap to 12 seconds before lap 20. On this lap I hit 78% on my SS tyres (having gone a massive 11 laps), and this meant I had to pit for inters a lap earlier than what I would've wanted. This cost me about 2 or 3 seconds I think, judging by my split times and time loss to Grzesiu. I see the leading trio stay out until lap 22 and hope that a swimming pool floods the track, unfortunately this would not come and instead I would rejoin 9 seconds still behind Aaron.

But my confidence on intermediates was good, so with 4 laps left, I tried to close it to about 6- so I could stay in the range of some penalties. Aaron fell back a lot to me, and going onto the last lap I could get him. However I got my 3rd warning, and also my 3rd warning because of battling another car, on the last lap, got a penalty, and I felt my race was done. I still tried to pass Aaron with a nice move around the outside of Stowe, to no avail. I got him on the run up to the line as he ran out of fuel, but my 7th consecutive and 9th podium of the season is taken away by that BS penalty, the win taken away by cruel luck in 2 weather scenarios, the long ass pit lane and my terrible tyre wear that has no reasoning to occur.

PS. Around the midstage of the race, I saw on the map there was a 4th (presumably lapped) guy in the top 3 battle. Who was that? @Aaron Shum @Detainable @koldo

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Also to anyone who thinks that message is salty:

a) it is
b) ^

I mean it's not as if I've ever got any good luck is it? *cough* Australia *cough* China *cough* Russia *cough* Spain *cough* Monaco *cough* Canada *cough* Baku *cough* Austria *cough*

Last edited: