PC - PC F4 Round 10 - Britain | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 Round 10 - Britain

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Also to anyone who thinks that message is salty:

a) it is
b) ^

I mean it's not as if I've ever got any good luck is it? *cough* Australia *cough* China *cough* Russia *cough* Spain *cough* Monaco *cough* Canada *cough* Baku *cough* Austria *cough*
Exactly if me and Maku didn't crash i could've been in the mix. COULD.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
@Julien2395 If you do a race without a crash or mistake, you can up at the top fighting for victories etc.

Whether said crashes are your fault or not, just be more cautious, and you'll reap the rewards at some point no doubt.

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
It was piekarz potato. He came out behind in the pits on SS. He tried overtaking moves on me and then detainable. That scrap eventually put me 3 seconds behind detainable at a certain point. Then he also held me in the pits for like another 1.5 seconds. So if you're salty about losing it to a penalty, just know that piekarzpotato helped that situation occur.. but I will say.. I am glad I didnt get any penalties in the race xD

*edit* he was also last place so it was really annoying..

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
It was piekarz potato. He came out behind in the pits on SS. He tried overtaking moves on me and then detainable. That scrap eventually put me 3 seconds behind detainable at a certain point. Then he also held me in the pits for like another 1.5 seconds. So if you're salty about losing it to a penalty, just know that piekarzpotato helped that situation occur.. but I will say.. I am glad I didnt get any penalties in the race xD

*edit* he was also last place so it was really annoying..
omg yeah so annoying if lapped cars try to overtake you. I mean by being a lap down you´re not helping your own and also destroying someone else his race.

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@Julien2395 If you do a race without a crash or mistake, you can up at the top fighting for victories etc.

Whether said crashes are your fault or not, just be more cautious, and you'll reap the rewards at some point no doubt.
Overtaking Maku wasn´t a risk, just unfortunate we crashed.

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Q: Was pretty pissed when I saw that the quali would be on inters, as this is my slowest compound. I guess I only got P2 due to everyone else screwing up their laps.

R: Was pretty surprised when I saw smeaj on SS. Start went okay, managed to stay in front of detainable and pulled a small gap in the following few laps, as he had to adapt to the mediums. After smeaj pitted, aaron and detainable cought up to me, but weren´t able to get close enough to try to overtake. My only fear at that point was that the rain would come so late, that some people would gamble and stay out on drys to the end, which could have been faster under certain circumstances. Luckily, the rain came in time and the aaron, detainable and me all pitted on lap 22 for inters, after which I managed to stay in front and secure P1. :D

Would have loved to battle you tho @SMEAJ ...

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q: I must be really good in the wet or something, there was a comfortable 4 tenths in that lap and still got pole by 7. Maybe I just want to not embarrass people as much ;)

But more importantly, I see it's going to start raining near the end of the race. Baring in mind the fresh tyres for the start as a result of the wet qualifying, this is when I knew my race was over. There is no way I could do more than 16 first-stint laps on the mediums so I wouldn't be able to do the 1 stop, like everybody else would. Most significantly, the pit lane loss is 30 seconds instead of the normal 22 ish at this bloody track, which despite all the other adversities was the only thing that actually cost me the win.

R: I know I have no other option than to bite the bullet and 2 stop. I see everyone around me on mediums, so I need to pull away in the first stint. Unfortunately my tyres die before I can pull more than 6 seconds, so I pit on lap 9 for another set of SS to (just about) take to the rain.
Doing the extra lap to go to 9 instead of 8 was an amazing decision for 2 reasons, as it prevented me from having to do the 3 stop and also got me ahead of 2 more cars on pit exit.
However I still have to pass 2 cars in Chicane and Alcon, and in-battle I get 2 (profitless) warnings for corner cutting. Now I see that I am 15 seconds away from Aaron in 3rd, and know my race is over.

I close the gap to 12 seconds before lap 20. On this lap I hit 78% on my SS tyres (having gone a massive 11 laps), and this meant I had to pit for inters a lap earlier than what I would've wanted. This cost me about 2 or 3 seconds I think, judging by my split times and time loss to Grzesiu. I see the leading trio stay out until lap 22 and hope that a swimming pool floods the track, unfortunately this would not come and instead I would rejoin 9 seconds still behind Aaron.

But my confidence on intermediates was good, so with 4 laps left, I tried to close it to about 6- so I could stay in the range of some penalties. Aaron fell back a lot to me, and going onto the last lap I could get him. However I got my 3rd warning, and also my 3rd warning because of battling another car, on the last lap, got a penalty, and I felt my race was done. I still tried to pass Aaron with a nice move around the outside of Stowe, to no avail. I got him on the run up to the line as he ran out of fuel, but my 7th consecutive and 9th podium of the season is taken away by that BS penalty, the win taken away by cruel luck in 2 weather scenarios, the long ass pit lane and my terrible tyre wear that has no reasoning to occur.

PS. Around the midstage of the race, I saw on the map there was a 4th (presumably lapped) guy in the top 3 battle. Who was that? @Aaron Shum @Detainable @koldo
the guy in the top 3 with us was a lapped car, the other new guy, @PiekarzPotato he overtook Aaron for about 2 laps and cost him about 2 seconds, which he ended up making back pretty quick, but he really fell off after we put inters on, I bottled my quali, I think I easily had another second in my lap, my first 2 were just bankers, didn't push that much

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Exactly if me and Maku didn't crash i could've been in the mix. COULD.
I looked at your pace, we were matching you (even when you were in clean air) on super old mediums, I doubt it, you would've been stuck on your own in the top 5 w/ chicane probably

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
It was good I went on SS to be honest, I would'n't've even got close to making the 1-stop work.

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I had a nice battle with @Thm786, made a video about it (without me talking Dutch nonsense! :D) I'll edit this post after it's Uploaded!

Link:

Last edited:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
It was good I went on SS to be honest, I would'n't've even got close to making the 1-stop work.
yeah everyone in discord was confused why you went SS, then I remembered after race about your awful tyre wear, I had a 78% front left the lap before we pit, you would've got a puncture probably

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
yeah everyone in discord was confused why you went SS, then I remembered after race about your awful tyre wear, I had a 78% front left the lap before we pit, you would've got a puncture probably
'probably'
I would've had one by lap 17 lol

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So a quick clip of the race here:
(Ps don't actly play like that just shadowplay, records desktop in 16:10 because my 2nd monitor is that aspect ratio.)
As u can tell I actually had controller issues, which is really frustrating. I'm not sure why, but glad we're not racing again till after xmas, cause if it doesn't magically fix itself like it usually does I can just buy a new controller.
Also over this period I am pandering whether I'll carry on racing after Singapore, and if I will sing-up for S15, baring in mind I have my GCSE's during this time and I personally think league racing is an additional stress and waste of time I don't want to deal with. Any comments or suggestions would be nice, to ease the decision making process :)

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q: decent but could've been better, i hate inters so top 3 I'd take.

R: wasn't looking forward to starting on mediums, had to get used to them, first 5 or so laps were very bad. ended up losing about 2 seconds to koldo, nothing really happened, i got a pen on lap 15, just lack of concentration, turned in too early, slowly caught back up to koldo, literally could not shake @Aaron Shum he was just glued to me, lap 21 i end up getting swiped by @only4win who gambled on inters early, that cost me about 4 seconds to koldo and gave me a lime green wing, killed any chance of fighting for the win.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
So a quick clip of the race here:
(Ps don't actly play like that just shadowplay, records desktop in 16:10 because my 2nd monitor is that aspect ratio.)
As u can tell I actually had controller issues, which is really frustrating. I'm not sure why, but glad we're not racing again till after xmas, cause if it doesn't magically fix itself like it usually does I can just buy a new controller.
Also over this period I am pandering whether I'll carry on racing after Singapore, and if I will sing-up for S15, baring in mind I have my GCSE's during this time and I personally think league racing is an additional stress and waste of time I don't want to deal with. Any comments or suggestions would be nice, to ease the decision making process :)
don't take it so seriously, just race for fun, if you can't do that just finish the season and miss the races around your GCSE's so you can focus on them, just so you have the chance to come back next season if you change your mind

• Agree
Reactions: koldo and n0body_

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Q: decent but could've been better, i hate inters so top 3 I'd take.

R: wasn't looking forward to starting on mediums, had to get used to them, first 5 or so laps were very bad. ended up losing about 2 seconds to koldo, nothing really happened, i got a pen on lap 15, just lack of concentration, turned in too early, slowly caught back up to koldo, literally could not shake @Aaron Shum he was just glued to me, lap 21 i end up getting swiped by @only4win who gambled on inters early, that cost me about 4 seconds to koldo and gave me a lime green wing, killed any chance of fighting for the win.
Sorry about that dude. I just spunt my car little on there. You can't actually follow the racing line when there's no room, but I got little bit more on the right than I tried to. I tried to stay away from your fight.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sorry about that dude. I just spunt my car little on there. You can't actually follow the racing line when there's no room, but I got little bit more on the right than I tried to. I tried to stay away from your fight.
nah dw about it, I knew you were probably struggling on inters anyway, I would've slowed myself down more trying to avoid it so I just went in hoping for the best lmao, think I would've struggled getting past koldo anyway

Reactions: only4win

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
nah dw about it, I knew you were probably struggling on inters anyway, I would've slowed myself down more trying to avoid it so I just went in hoping for the best lmao, think I would've struggled getting past koldo anyway
I had yellow front wing damage after the first lap so I had to take first possible moment to go and get the interns since the rain was forecasted.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
I had yellow front wing damage after the first lap so I had to take first possible moment to go and get the interns since the rain was forecasted.
yeah the inters only started working the lap after you hit me, so was probably pretty bad lol

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
*Repost

I had a nice battle with @Thm786, made a video about it (without me talking Dutch nonsense! :D)

Link:

Oh and when we entered Turn 3 where i made a move where i forced us off i gave him back the position, which was the most fair thing to do