Sep 30, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

• Winner
Reactions: SMEAJ

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Did a good lap after the British GP, i can still improve a tenth or two :)
Hows the pace of the others doing so far? (Yes it´s 2/3 weeks away but still)
Did a high 16 after a few laps and as I'm certainly not the fastest guy in our split over one lap, I expect other guys like @SMEAJ @Aaron Shum and @Lunation to do mid 16s.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017

Lunation

Pro Karter
Aug 26, 2017
Did a high 16 after a few laps and as I'm certainly not the fastest guy in our split over one lap, I expect other guys like @SMEAJ @Aaron Shum and @Lunation to do mid 16s.
Having done some time trial my limit will be about a 16:7, I think you're very optimistic in your assumption we're gonna be in mid 16's, that's tier 1 level lol

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
I don't know why but I can never seem to actually get even close to you guys in TT on this game (exception being Baku.) 1:17.4.

That's my "sandbagging in TT" for you @Chicane ;)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
anyone wanna do a practice race rn? (joke)

The Genius

Moderator & 1-time AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
After talking to everyone envolved in the leagues we have come to the decision that the safety car won't be enabled. This is to keep all the leagues the same plus we wouldn't take care of any stewards enquiry relating to the issue with the safety car.

On an other subject, since I am unable to race in the leagues, is there anyone that would like to be coordinator after me? Please send me a PM here on AOR if you are interested and I will then ask some questions and then pick someone after that.:)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
is there anyone that would like to be coordinator after me? Please send me a PM here on AOR if you are interested and I will then ask some questions and then pick someone after that.:)

Well after seeing that earlier.....
Who wouldn't?

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
I don't get it why some people are soooo eager on the first lap. Seriously it's the first lap, you don't have to make a stupid overtake. If you see that you're faster than someone just have some patience and overtake the guy later :arghh:

elgo

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2017
I take advantage of this post to greet everyone.
I signed up a few weeks ago and yesterday they told me I had to play. I did not have the chance to try Hungary because I saw the mex this morning and the time was not really much...
I had a lot of problems with corner cutting in the first laps but finally I'm glad to have arrived on the podium!!

Congratulations to you all for the correct race and see you next sunday !! =)

... or in practice!

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Q: Had the de-synced car of pzktar, holding me so I had to go real slow to give it a gap and then Julien overtakes me at the last corner for no reason and completely fucks over that run. Like I thought the general rule in quali was to wait ur turn, but apparently not so. I won't be doing that in future for sure.

R: Had an average start. Just literally drove until the first stop, where getshum then gets held up by traffic I make an opportunist move and it pays off. I then get a lag spike just 3 corners later and then fall behind. Then catch back up until he makes a mistake thru t5. I then have a couple of chances including one round the outside at t2 which almost worked, We then hold it side-by-side through the chicane and then through the left hander with me on the outside and I then hold it to the inside, and make the move. I then just hold it in front till the last lap where Smeaj had a puncture and I tried to hold the guys up, and then Getshum makes a rather outrageous move in the final corner and pushes me wide I then go right up against him to frustrate my anger in what he just did to me, and unexpectedly he moved left and we have an monumental pile up and Julien comes out the winner. I lost out on what was gonna be a p4 after pens, which is a shame but atleast it was only 4 points I lost. More than happy to move onto this next one especially now I am in the swing of league racing again!

Edit: If I can be bothered I will edit my video. I only recorded till like lap 15. For some reference to this post here is the quali cinident:

The race end lmao:

Another edit lol: I also had 88% tires on the last lap, and wanted to protect my tires from what happened to smeaj and was mainly thinking about the constructors, so wanted to make the biggest gains in the constructors possible.

Last edited:

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
@Haydn Yeah it's common sense and something like an unwritten rule to wait a bit in queue (or does AOR actually have something on it?). Everyone wants some free space on Q. So on the sportsmanship table @Julien2395 gets a -1 on that. Do we already have a thread on that?
On the other hand: how much of a gap do you need? Julien crossed the line 7 seconds later than the car before him. I consider that a huge gap.