F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
@elgo wtf lol u go from that to like a 17.1
1515369062457.png

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@Haydn Yeah it's common sense and something like an unwritten rule to wait a bit in queue (or does AOR actually have something on it?). Everyone wants some free space on Q. So on the sportsmanship table @Julien2395 gets a -1 on that. Do we already have a thread on that?
On the other hand: how much of a gap do you need? Julien crossed the line 7 seconds later than the car before him. I consider that a huge gap.
How is that a -1 sportsmanship? There's no need to wait for a 50 second gap or whatever he tried. I saw everyone waiting up like it was the final minute of Quali so i passed them all because i'm not gonna wait 3 minutes to finally start my laps.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
How is that a -1 sportsmanship? There's no need to wait for a 50 second gap or whatever he tried. I saw everyone waiting up like it was the final minute of Quali so i passed them all because i'm not gonna wait 3 minutes to finally start my laps.
"Had the de-synced car of pzktar, holding me so I had to go real slow to give it a gap"

it wasn't just a regular car julien

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
The word I was looking for is etiquette. You'll probably understand when you're on the receiving end. Giving it a shot though: Imagine haydn would've start pushing for his flying lap when you were about to pass him, so you wouldn't have had free space. Wouldn't you have complained then?

• Agree
Reactions: Zerd

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
@Chicane what strategy were you on btw? I saw you behind me on SS at the end

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
"Had the de-synced car of pzktar, holding me so I had to go real slow to give it a gap"

it wasn't just a regular car julien
If he´s de
The word I was looking for is etiquette. You'll probably understand when you're on the receiving end. Giving it a shot though: Imagine haydn would've start pushing for his flying lap when you were about to pass him, so you wouldn't have had free space. Wouldn't you have complained then?
Well no. I just know i can still do another run if i pit straight away :D

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
@Julien2395 no you can't, I was one of the first people to go out, I botched my second run and came straight in, still didn't have time to do a 3rd run

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
haha, I was worried, my tyres were low 70s when you made the pass to 10th, thought you were gonna catch us
In the end my tyres were pretty much toast too. Grzesiu was closing in on me again on his mediums, after I had overtaken him and pulled away a couple of laps before that. Would've been chaos if the race was 1 lap longer.
Highlights including two overtakes on the outside in turn 2, thanks to those supersofts:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
In the end my tyres were pretty much toast too. Grzesiu was closing in on me again on his mediums, after I had overtaken him and pulled away a couple of laps before that. Would've been chaos if the race was 1 lap longer.
Highlights including two overtakes on the outside in turn 2, thanks to those supersofts:
yeah, if you didn't know I had a yellow front wing from lap 1, that's why I didn't really fight you when you overtook me initially, I would've lost more time fighting

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Q: Not to happy with my time as I was 2-3 tenths off what I have done in all quali sessions before. Nevermind, still P3. Shoutout to @Thm786 for an awesome lap!(y)

R: Managed to stay in 3rd, although I had to let @SMEAJ past as @elgo parked his car on the middle of the first corner. Had a nice little battle with him in the opening laps. After that he dropped back tho, and I was catching @SMEAJ but that track being hungary meant I wasn´t able to overtake, so I settled behind him and prepared an undercut move. However, me spinning out at T5 and loosing my front wing like a complete and utter idiot (still hating myself for such a stupid mistake:banghead:) meant that I lost all chances for a podium and a potential RBR 1-2. From that point on it was a little sweat fest for @Detainable , @Lunation and myself, as we were all on mediums and divided by ~1,5-2 secs. I managed to get past lunation eventually, which meant I finsihed the race in a (for both championships) horrible 7th place:penguin:.

Congrats to my teammate @Thm786 who really deserved to win here, not just because he had some good pace but also because of what had happened to him in the races before. Also big respect to @elgo for finishing on the podium(y).

Last edited:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q: pretty disappointing, had another half a second on my banker, didn't make any major mistakes just little ones throughout the lap that added up, luckily did a pretty good last sector so it was still a mid 17.

R: it just gets worse, lap 1 @Aaron Shum brakes what looks to be decently early into T2 and i hit him (very lightly) and somehow get a yellow wing (nice one codies) I start falling back alot from him and @Haydn. I tried to let @Lunation through a few laps later as I didn't want to hold him up, I pulled far to the left on the pit straight and broke early, as from looking behind me it looked like he pulled out to go for a dive, he then hit me and got an orange wing (I'm sorry). @koldo ended up making a mistake and coming out close to me and Lunation, Grzesiu came out pretty close in front of me and my DRS failed on the lap I ended up overtaking him, was a pretty nice dive tbf.

Nothing really happened after that until about lap 34, me Lunation and Koldo were just staying together, Lunation tyres died about a lap before mine and allowed me 2 chances at overtaking, one I eventually suceeded on, then my tyres died and I couldn't stay close enough to Koldo to take him on pens.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
yeah, if you didn't know I had a yellow front wing from lap 1, that's why I didn't really fight you when you overtook me initially, I would've lost more time fighting
I thought so. It's wise to choose fights carefully. Yesterday I also searched for the best to let the guys by who already pitted when I was still on softs.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@Detainable your wing damage from the lap 1 crash was completely standard, and if anything, a bit light. That kind of contact with that closing speed will always give you yellow wing, if not then maybe orange at a slightly higher speed.

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
@Detainable your wing damage from the lap 1 crash was completely standard, and if anything, a bit light. That kind of contact with that closing speed will always give you yellow wing, if not then maybe orange at a slightly higher speed.
not saying it shouldn't of been wing damage, but I've had contact like that before and never got damage, at most light green

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
not saying it shouldn't of been wing damage, but I've had contact like that before and never got damage, at most light green
If that's the case then you've been getting incredibly lucky/are racing on reduced damage not full.