Sep 30, 2014
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
I hope u guys are looking forward to racing me guys. Have crashed into someone every time I have done a league race here. On f1 2013 and xmas cup. (Will link vids when I get home)

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Am I the only one who's shitting himself everytime he has to do pouhon flat in quali?:bag:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Am I the only one who's shitting himself everytime he has to do pouhon flat in quali?:bag:
Nope. Atleast on pad it's near impossible. I wish I could just get my wheel out for that corner. The one thing I hate is cause is when u get caught on the curb on turn-in point, is rly hard to find alot of the time

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So I'm calling today, no overtaking after blanchimont when we're all going onto flying laps in qualifying. (Out laps). Especially at this track where you HAVE to make your 2 runs count and there's no 3rd run to pussy out on. Especially you @Julien2395 ;)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
To be honest I'm much more worried about Raidillon-Kemmel-Les Combes. Either I'll be defending or attacking, track position is crucial in shaping the race at that stage so I need the position but I don't want any controversy like what generally surrounds me every time I make an overtake.

Last edited:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
To be honest I'm much more worried about Raidillon-Kemmel-Les Combes. Either I'll be defending or attacking, track position is crucial in shaping the race at that stage so I need the position but I don't want any controversy like what generally surrounds me every time I make an overtake.
dont bottle quali then m9

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Q: Haha lol
R: So in essence spun through ea rouge and then had some fun with the crashed car of dacke. I then just did nothing overtook some people, thm spun we then came into the chicane and they decided to brake about 20m early so so I had to straight line the corner. Nwo I've done a flick spin and last, caught up to the back markers, got stuck, crashed. Got on intres got passed gresziu ended up in p4. Pit for Ultrastofts then for the 2nd time in the race launched my car at pouhon, and lost out on p4 by 7 tenths cause of bs warning I got for avoid a crash on lap 1 but didn't record so can't appeal it. Overall one of my worst league races, and has proved to me practicing isn't a worth spend of my time anymore. Will probably now resort to minimal practice, whilst still maximizing pace.

• Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Q: Really really mixed emotions hit me throughout the session. At first I saw it was intermediate conditions, which was a massive plus for me in terms of my pace (at detriment to the prediction league unfortunately :p ) however I noticed as I exited the pits I was receiving a plague of micro stutters and lag spikes which, despite changing down the weather graphics settings, would stay until the end of the race. An absolutely terrible first run saw me a few hundreths off pole (which i was almost a second up on before I was blocked by Maku on my 2nd lap), before an almost equally terrible lap put me on pole by 8 tenths at the end of the session. Inters eh. I know I could've taken pole by 1.5+ seconds on a proper lap without lag spikes, in the same way I guess that Detainable and others had a lot to improve also. IDK, I'll take it.

R: At the start, I drive away really well from pole to see Detainable ambitiously on SS tyres, to take to the rain. I wasn't sure, with everyone else going safe with softs, that he could make it on those tyres onto inters (turns out he didn't make it at all ;) ). Many crashings ensue, ending up with 4 cars out inside 2 laps, including the good ol' umpteenth episode in the Red Bull civil war, giving Julien a surprise podium place.

Detainable chases me, still affected by the game stuttering, on his SS tyres, but could never quite get the run to pass me whilst we both pulled ahead of the rest of the pack. His straight line speed was really poor for some reason. The closest he came was lap 7 with a half-hearted dive at the bus stop, from which point his tyres would start to fade and I would pull away.

Because I changed down my graphics settings in the wet, and the engineer being typically useless, I wasn't actually quite sure how wet the track was. I saw the first drops occurring at the dawn of lap 11 and decided to dive in on lap 12. Detainable lost heaps of time from his crippled red-walls (at least not getting a puncture like I thought he would), so we rejoined with Thm inbetween us. I therefore didn't know he changed onto a further dry tyre set, and was then occupied with crashing out at Raidillon.

I knew now that the win was comfortably in my grasp, thanks to the surprising fate of so many of my rivals. Having negotiated Lunation, Maku gave me some qualifying deja vu and surprisingly, elgo stayed out another lap on softs, presumably just to stop me from being able to say I led every lap lol. Julien had come into a great 2nd place at this point.

Now it was just me trying to rack up the laps and try to get a pit stop gap to the car behind in case I came in for dries a lap before just so I had no risk of battling them. I box, after a major scare at blanchimont, with an 18.3 second gap, which turned out to be irrelevant as Julien and Maku predictably followed me in. Then it just became a 2 lap shootout to see who would win fastest lap, which was me.

I won by 28 seconds in the end. Well done to Julien for his first podium of the season (and keeping up the insane run of different 2nd place finishers in our tier) and Maku on his first top 3 since Spain. Good news is I have my first 100+ point championship lead, and thanks to the Red Bull demise and Haydn's solid 10 points, we gained a solid 29 in the constructors too.

Fun race, gg everybody.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
well, first race back and i basically made every error i could due to lack of competitive track time :D
the only thing i didnt do myself was having the setup glitch. did have a good start from the back of the grid and managed to get as high as p 8-7 at pouhon in the first lap after picking up frontwing damage in t1 because i broke too late.. radioed in to let jeff know im coming, forgot to change the front wing repairs to 'yes', forgot to change tyres to softs instead of ultra's and damged my front wing ever so slightly coming out of the pits at which point i would be 2 stops behind at the start of lap 2 o_O so i did the sensible thing and instead of ruinig the race of you guys who were on the pace i retired.

pretty choatic start tho, saw people crashing out left right and center! the spin at radion seemed pretty nasty when flying by ;)

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Q: Inters Condition. Seems liek your raindance worked out @SMEAJ .
R: Red Bull Civil War Vol. 2. I was pretty pissed at the time, hence I didn´t make my race review yesterday. Looking back at the footage, I can only say that if you go for a dive on the inside, you should absolutely make sure that you don´t run wide. Especially if it´s your teammate next to you:bag:.
Just keep that in mind @Thm786 :).

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Q: Inters Condition. Seems liek your raindance worked out @SMEAJ .
R: Red Bull Civil War Vol. 2. I was pretty pissed at the time, hence I didn´t make my race review yesterday. Looking back at the footage, I can only say that if you go for a dive on the inside, you should absolutely make sure that you don´t run wide. Especially if it´s your teammate next to you:bag:.
Just keep that in mind @Thm786 :).
Yep I did a big (and dumb as f**) mistake that I wouldn’t do again : I took your car as braking point = decided to broke juste after you. Result it didn’t worked out, all blame on me

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Me and @Haydn appreciate the constructors points ;)