Sep 30, 2014
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

MakuF1

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
anyone got any tips heading into this race, i truly hate this circuit and have trouble finding pace XP

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
anyone got any tips heading into this race, i truly hate this circuit and have trouble finding pace XP
Well, at the 1st corner you turn right. Any questions?

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
yes, where is turn 1
I wanted you to win in Azerbaijan so I could say "Well Done Maku" but I guess if you don't even know the location and parameters of the 1st corner you have scant chance of getting 25 points in the race

• Optimistic
Reactions: MakuF1

MakuF1

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
I wanted you to win in Azerbaijan so I could say "Well Done Maku" but I guess if you don't even know the location and parameters of the 1st corner you have scant chance of getting 25 points in the race
i hate you for that pun

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
i hate you for that pun
unrelated but you're in a really tight battle with haydn for the lead in the Wall of Shame thread, 58 to 60 seconds of penalties. Keep getting those pens, it's pretty funny ;)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
How do u corner cut at baku tho? I need to know how cause I need to protect this lead lmao

• Winner
Reactions: SMEAJ

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
How do u corner cut at baku tho? I need to know how cause I need to protect this lead lmao
The left hander in S3 that leads to the full-throttle part. If you are desperate, you can also cut the corner before that one, but you run the risk of doing a @Thm786 (getting launched into the outer wall)

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
So @MakuF1 to master this circuit, yes im not gonna joke, you just have to get all the apexes right. Brake for turn 1 after the shadow from the Grand Stand (or just the shadow right before the kerbs start).

For turn 2 brake when the wall starts.
Turn 3 brake right after the little sunlight line between 2 shadows.
Turn 4 brake right before or right when the kerb starts.
Turn 5 brake at the 100m board (cant remember if there is one, i believe on 2016 there was)
Turn 6 should just go normally, slow in fast out and take a wide line to avoid the kerb on the entry and exit.
Turn 7 find your own braking point, because its a bit different for the pad on how controlled the car is.
Castle section: Try to cut as much as possible and brake at the shadows again.
The rest shouldnt be too hard, is it?

• Friendly
Reactions: MakuF1

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
@MakuF1 @Julien2395 I drive this track rather point-and-squirt. I do all my braking in a straight line, roll smoothly but cautiously through the corner (whilst making sure to avoid the kerbs) and floor it out on the exit.

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Nice way to spend lunch brake today :p
(hope you can see the pics)

Last edited:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Is that the Mercedes benz museum, the same as the place where codies did their sponsorship stuff?

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
This is actly soo much nicer. Much more modern, slick and less kinda clunky. Makes the website look alot more professional.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Q: first attempt, I completely ruined turn 1 so a very weak banker lap. Had a good look on the times before 2nd run, and even though I was 2 seconds up, I expected I'd go from P12 to P10 only, so I decided to abandon the run and go for a fresh set. Prediction turned out to be correct.

R: nice careful first lap by most, but some incidents in the 2nd lap. In lap 4 I lost the car by myself exit turn 1. Never lost it there before, so that was quite a hit to my confidence. One red part on the wing, so that meant get medium tyres to finish race. Was last and had no battle for position after the stop. Boring race. Judging by the minimap (plenty of time to look at it) more people had a boring race, except 2 or 3 guys near the end.
Makes one wonder what would've happened today if SC was enabled.
Not that I deserved more than I got today. Even without wing damage I think I still would've finished behind mr Alcon, so that would still have been P8. My point scoring streak didn't end thanks to all those DNF's :p
Opening laps and wing incident:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
@Chicane Especially if this split keeps dying at the rate it is, we need something to keep us sane. I'm gonna message fisi about this, there is only 13 people left racing now. SC is probably needed, to keep us alive tbh lmao