PC PC F4 - Round 8 Baku

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Will give a run-down on my race tmrw. Also planning to edit Spain tmrw

Q: Very poor first lap, no major mistakes just slow. 2nd lap wasn't impressive lost around 2 tenths, cause I broke too late for the castle section.

R: Get a better launch than maku, but was on the outside, then again was on the outside for t2. Was scary, into t3, I broke considerably later and ended up on his inside, fortunately he turned out for me. Then coming into t4, he pushes me into the outside wall, I then turn in to the corner and Koldo runs into my rear wheel. A lap later, maku turns in a bit earler for the castle section, and bounces off the inside wall, flying into the outside wall ending his race. I kinda **** myself not knowing whether his car will ghost or not, and end up damaging my wing. Ik from Australia this sort of wing damage costs me 1 second a lap so was loosing about that to getshum. I pit on lap 8, as I knew it was the ealier I could pit and I needed to reduce time loss. I loose about 7 seconds due to wing change and gain 5 back due to the undercut. I was closing about a tenth a lap, then damage wing again (Not in the vid), I am blaming it on smeaj for having a heart attack when Juliens car didn't ghost (after he crashed). then nothing happened, till lap 35 where I paused then then un-paused and missed my braking point for t3, then turned in too early hit the inside wall and bounced into the outside wall. Got Orange wing damage. Then on lap 36 on the penultimate corner of the race I locked up and ending up bringing the car to a halt, a bit by accident but I could have made the corner but wanted to be more exciting. All in all, a very boring race for me, a solid p3 and now just onto the next one.

Last edited:

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Where is bottlejob of the day ? I’ve gto a good one to propose xD

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Q: Not much expecation going into the quali as I´m super slow around Baku. Solid 5th I guess.

R: Had a better start than @Julien2395 and overtook him in lap 1. In T4, @Haydn hit the wall and I went for 49%-move into T5, knowing you can´t really overtake there. From that point on I realized just how slow I was, as I was loosing around 1 sec on the leaders. Nothing really happened in the following 20 laps until I had a nice "battle" with my teammate @Thm786 , who was obviously faster than me (nearly everyone was). The battle could have countined for a little while, but I decided to take the 50m board as a braking point into T3 instead of the 100m board (pro tip: don´t do that), transforming my green wing into a red one in the process. Although that happened 2 laps before the end, @GRZEGORZ was able to catch and overtake me (big shoutout to @Thm786 for trying to give me drs - not all heroes wear capes;)). Wasn´t able to do a Bottas on him on the straight in the last lap, so a somewhat dissapointing 6th place, given my previous positions and the number ob drivers actually finishing the race.

Congrats to @SMEAJ , @Aaron Shum and @Haydn for the podium, you guys had great pace!

Oh an btw...just take a look at the Top 4 in the driver´s championship...I guess it´s true what they say about that energy drink #givesyouwings:angelic:;).

One more thing I´d like to mention is that I´m really sad about the development our split has taken so far, mainly the huge ammount of driver dropouts. I mainly came to AOR to race cleanly against 19 other guys and not against 7, like it was yesterday for a huge portion of the race. But oh well, can´t change that I guess.

See you guys in the upcoming socials!

Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Can I make a point that the only reason I'm even leading the championship is because of how much we all bottle everything on the racedays themselves? Thm, Lunation and Haydn at least all had mid 40s in them (low 40 for Jamie) and I did multiple 1:40.1's on the run up to the session. Despite this, I take pole with a 40.6, with the guy in 2nd on a 40.9. Same for race pace really - people show so much more promise on paper, and in practice than in the actual race and it's almost annoying for someone who is desperate for competition lol

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
That was some really poor driving from Dackeberg there. Unfortunate, he does no/little practice so things like that happen. So not only does it effect his pace it effects others aswell. Further proof of a massive lack of commitment from this split. Similar happened to me in spain aswell, he ended up costing me part of my front wing and alot of time just to let julein thru and then end his race; really annoying that, he has the pace to do well.
@Thm786 great recovery drive tho. Hopefully we say u back on form soon lo. But not too much faster than me xD

Edit: My bad i lost my wing on Mr Alcon, however I was fairly held up by dacke. Just fairly frustrating he held me up alot, then proceeded to make it easy for julien and then crash out the second I got ahead. I'm sure it wasn't malicious however I just wanted to use it as proof to why maybe some people should practice ;)

Last edited:

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Only two days for this video!

*EDIT* problems with upload

Last edited:

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Want to apology to Thm786. Wasn't my intention to ruin the race for you.
No problem mate it’s a racing incident, you broke early because of @MakuF1 ‘s crash to make sure you don’t crash to, it was not on purpose clearly ;)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: DackeBerg

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Please post videos of your bottlejob if you guys have any! Maku doesn't record but everyone saw him going through castle lol

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Yeah I had the perfect angle lol. At the time I was rly pissed off cause I though the had a glitched wheel which lost me part of my wing. Then I realized later one it wasn't that and found it really funny after that point.
So yes, I vote maku for bottlejob, cause has had good pace. I put him over thm cause atleast thm still got p4 lol

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
OK, uploaded video again. Copyright infringement whatever because of music used so I guess I won't be using music in next video next time. You may not be able to view this on your mobile phone.

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Please tell fast what’s your bottlejob @Julien2395 like that we can start the poll soon

@SMEAJ for @Haydn I don’t feel like it’s a bottljob he managed to keep the podium xD