PC Tier 5 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 8.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Tier 5 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 8.08.18 @8pm UK time

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
@Seamas111 it was turn 2 mate, someone in a Merc I think hit me in the rear and I was taking off in style with most of the field lol

The guy did say his brakes didn’t work?

@Stephan is it possible to have a longer practice session next week? For example a 1hr practice session for tuning, then a quick 10min quali then the race. Some people can jump on at 7 for the practice or join at 8 for the race?

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Logged in 3/4 through the practice race.

Saw you driving around with a cracked windscreen @Stephan . Must have been one hell of a first lap!

Turn 2 and/or the hairpin i assume.... Good reminder that you can't overestimate how early you need to brake when following another car.

Am sure T5 will pull off another great display of driving come wednesday! (y)
Hm, my windscreen was fine. Didn't have any major collisions. weird. I'm sure we'll rock and be the ones sliding around the track in the most stylish, safe and respectful fashion! :)

@Seamas111 it was turn 2 mate, someone in a Merc I think hit me in the rear and I was taking off in style with most of the field lol

The guy did say his brakes didn’t work?

@Stephan is it possible to have a longer practice session next week? For example a 1hr practice session for tuning, then a quick 10min quali then the race. Some people can jump on at 7 for the practice or join at 8 for the race?
There were some cars flying ahead of my in the first racing lap. Think @VoodooChild also had some serious airtime!

I'm not sure I will have the time to do that, there are real life things I have to take care of each evening. But feel free to host an additional practice-practice before!

Reactions: jaycoool

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
I can set up a practice session before today's practice race. At about 7PM UK time or shortly after that.

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Cheers guys, I just wanted to do some online setup work to try and make the car more stable before tomorrow’s race, and I thought going forward an hour at 7 on Monday’s before the practice race fitted in nicely. You can logon and tune the car then try it out in the race afterwards.

I will be on later about 7, will keep an eye out for a lobby.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
still a 50/50 for tomorrow, for the same reason @Happyal27 has. will confirm tomorrow

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Still not have had the time to put in some laps. Tomorrow is going to be a disaster xD

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
The car, track, weather, racing line, braking, 4 wheel slides is a struggle for me.... I have very low expectations for tomorrow.

Reactions: Gav88888

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
The car, track, weather, racing line, braking, 4 wheel slides is a struggle for me.... I have very low expectations for tomorrow.
Same as me. I'm going back to beginning with my setup and see if I can improve from what I have already

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Sorry I have to skip tonight for the same reason @Happyal27 cited. Puts sadly a dent in my pursuit for top 5 season finish

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Life 1st @Stephan ! @VoodooChild can host but if someone from the UK has a monster connection it might be preferred. If at all possible I would like to have a short practice to ensure no issues.

Reactions: Stephan

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Yeah a 10min practice before quali sounds like a good idea.

Got wrist issues today from MTB’ing so not sure how long I will last but will give it a go.

Aiming for top 10 in a race and in championship... Be nice to get to tier 4 next time and work up the tiers.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I got my wheel back today so my feeling on track is much better, lap times have dropped but no where near the 49.4 @Captain Slow did in a lobby.

10 min practice for sure, should be enough time to know if we have an issue. Also double check your windows updates.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Did a 1:38.8 with VR in Audi but can't use VR when more than 5 people in lobby :( More than a second slower with a monitor. Tried the Lambo and it's in fact a lot faster than my Audi.

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
1.38? Man, fastest I have been was a 40.8. And that felt like the max I could get out of the bloody Aston in race trim. Now I am curious how tonight’s race is going to unfold.

Wiht 10 minutes practice, does that mean the lobby starts at 19:50.