Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 15th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 45 laps (44+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 7 October - 18:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 7 October - 19:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed: @Wagner @Flecky und Sky @Aarup (might make it) @Izzizo (sick) @Hagster

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Murata, Japan!

Sportsland Sugo is one of Japans main motorsport venues. The small town of Murata, part of the Miyagi Prefecture has a rich history.

Make sure to visit the regions hot springs, stop by the Aoba castle or enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Matsuhima islands.
With our race happening in August, take part in the Tanabata star festival, a colourful celebration which tradition can be traced back to the Chinese Qixi festival. It celebrates the meeting of Orihime and Hikoboshi, represented by Vega and Altair. The legend says, these lovers were separated by the milky way and they are only permitted to meet once each year.

Sadly, the area was devastated in the 2011 magnitude 9 earthquake and tsunami, resulting in the meltdown at Fukushima and the tragic loss of countless lifes.

With reconstruction and recovery ongoing, we are visiting Sportsland Sugo for a night of racing.

Qualifying will be under heavy clouds, with rain expected to last the entire race.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I like the track but ohhhh god not like this!!!!!

Reactions: Stephan

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@GIXXERosg The track shown + Formation and Starting point are The Glen (round 10) in the first post. Now, I do not mind skipping Sugo with such terrible conditions, but maybe it's just better to change the OP to Sugo =P

With that having said, this race is going to be a struggle for grip. I now wish I had a car with propper downforce (Ginetta or something like that).

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@GIXXERosg The track shown + Formation and Starting point are The Glen (round 10) in the first post. Now, I do not mind skipping Sugo with such terrible conditions, but maybe it's just better to change the OP to Sugo =P

With that having said, this race is going to be a struggle for grip. I now wish I had a car with propper downforce (Ginetta or something like that).
Good catch! I fixed it :)

Feel free to swap to the Ginetta! It's awesome in skilled hands (not mine)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I actually like the track. I think it's a gem :)
but I suck in the rain. So I fully expect a bottom end finish.

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Very odd to say this; I like the track + rain + night combo WITH the Aston. Managed to do a 1:28.4, with room for improvement. Running a very weird setup, but so far it seems to work. Though I might not make it on one set of tires this race. Left front goes up in smoke way too fast.

Anybody else done some laps already?

And @Stephan I would switch to the Ginetta or Bentley in a heartbeat, if I could keep all my championship points. Being 4th overall now is not something I will throw away. As long as finish ahead of @MTN this race, I still have a chance to end up 3rd in the championship with the Aston (who would have thought…)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Very odd to say this; I like the track + rain + night combo WITH the Aston. Managed to do a 1:28.4, with room for improvement. Running a very weird setup, but so far it seems to work. Though I might not make it on one set of tires this race. Left front goes up in smoke way too fast.

Anybody else done some laps already?

And @Stephan I would switch to the Ginetta or Bentley in a heartbeat, if I could keep all my championship points. Being 4th overall now is not something I will throw away. As long as finish ahead of @MTN this race, I still have a chance to end up 3rd in the championship with the Aston (who would have thought…)
Not done any practice yet.

As for changing car, I hear you.
While happy with the Ginetta, after @Evangelist comments after Brno (I think) I felt like switching to the McLaren for sympathy reasons only.
Got to hand it to you @Evangelist - I'm super impressed by your driving and attitude. You struggled throughout the season, at times massively, but you've never given up and always finished your races. Brilliant attitude :)

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Hey don't embarrass me by switching to the Mclaren only to show how badly my driving let's the car down.

• Optimistic

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hey don't embarrass me by switching to the Mclaren only to show how badly my driving let's the car down.
I've tried it a few times, it killed me reliably, so no worries :)

On a side note: how do you guys feel of a extra race after the season? "Week 11" so to say.

I would suggest:

1. Bathurst (I always suggest that, as it's the most awesomest track ever :p) but maybe turn damage down
2. make that 90min
3. make it a reverse championship grid
4. everyone must use a different/new car they have not used during the season

Thoughts?

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Stephan I like the idea, but since the Endurance League starts next week I highly doubt I have the time for such an event. Although I know Bathurst like the back of my hand, it would mean I have to adjust to a "new" car and make a setup, while also practice for round 2 of the Endurance (which is the day after this event).

Maybe I have a decent Bentley setup for Bathurst, so that would make things easier...

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
sounds great but i'll miss it as i'll be on vacation in the beautiful Greece

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Maybe I have a decent Bentley setup for Bathurst, so that would make things easier...
I’ve got a basic Bentley setup that allowed me my first podium ever there :) just needs aero adjustments

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
i am up for this! might pick the lambo so i will be able to find out first hand what kind of illegal devices they have been using all season:sneaky:

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
It does look like the Lambo is a solid platform to race with. I watched several laps of @VoodooChild his PoV on YouTube; the Lambo is so stable in the corners. Where I have to fight the Aston everytime I go around a corner, the Lambo looks like it has grip for days. That is why @Seamas111 and @VoodooChild could overtake me in the corners. On the straights the Lambo doesn’t appear that good (or the Aston is OP in a straight)