Pitstop duration/lengths post Patch 7 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Pitstop duration/lengths post Patch 7

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
There's been some changes to the pitstops and how long they take. To make it as fair as possible, we want to inform everyone in the league about these changes so we are all on a level playing field.
Curtesy of @Shooter80 for this info that he posted in a thread in the general GT3 forum:

"Just posting this as a fellow racer, as an FYI, so that everyone is closer to being on the same page.

As many of you will be aware, since Project Cars 2 was first released there was a strange bug with the duration's of the pitstops.

- Stopping in the pits and doing nothing (no fuel, no tyres, no repairs) took around 7 seconds
- Stopping in the pits and putting in 1L of fuel (no tyres, no repairs) took around 2 seconds.

This has changed after Patch 7 was released around a month ago. For reasons unknown, rather than making 'doing nothing' take less (or no) time, SMS choose to impose a minimum time for a fuel stop, so now, stopping and putting in 1L of fuel also takes around 7 seconds.

Unfortunately though, this recent change does not appear to have affected the pit stop length if you choose only to repair the car (even if you have no damage). Below are some rough examples of pit stop lengths from either my own limited experience, or from stories I've heard from others (none of this should be taken as 100% correct):

- Stopping in the pits and doing nothing (no fuel, no tyres, no repairs) takes around 7 seconds
- Stopping in the pits and putting between 1L and 6L of fuel (no tyres, no repairs) takes around 7 seconds
- Stopping in the pits with 1 engine damage, and repairing 'mech' takes around 2 seconds (sometimes its longer, but its regularly shorter than 7 seconds)
- Stopping in the pits with 0 aero damage and repairing 'aero', takes around 5 seconds (sometimes its longer, but its regularly shorter than 7 seconds)
- Stopping in the pits with minor aero damage, and repairing 'aero' usually takes less than 7 seconds

Of course, there are many combinations of things that could produce a shorter stop than 7 seconds. Its an unfortunate situation, but it is the way it is, since there's no way to restrict what people can choose to do in the pits, nor to monitor what was done, I Just felt it was fair that everyone knew as much as possible about the situation (A lot of AOR GT3 drivers I've spoke to already do), and so that people weren't confused mid race if they seen a shorter, or had a longer, stop than expected.

Since I'm here...anyone considering changing tyres. If you only change the front, or the rear tyres, then it only takes around 10 seconds. If you change all tyres takes around 16, if you change only the left or right side, it takes around 16.

Best of luck with your pit crews (y)

Cheers!"

@-L.X.-
@dopey401
@DoR
@eaZed neptune
@eXcole
@Exodus
@GreaseMonkey
@IAteAGnomeOnce
@jaycoool
@K17RSW
@Lindholdt
@Mattster
@Midweekcoma
@Migzorn
@Murph
@Pitti
@S4Howie
@Seamas111
@Kapo
@StormENT
@TM Touring
@tRIP..
@Vansinnes
@WMDRMartin
@ZeroStefan
@borates
@DaWu
@TheRipper
@ShaggyDan

WMDRMartin

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Yep, had the same thing with @StormENT in the practise race yesterday. He pitted halfway through our battle, I decided to cover him off, rejoin 4 seconds ahead of him and he was a little bit confused haha