XB1 - Press Area | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Press Area

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Oh, dont mind me...just moving my stuff over from GP2 to here, i hope you all enjoy what im bringing here...i dont want it to end up like Tier 1 in GT3 ^^...anyways, you can take a look here at what i have in store for y'all

• Gossip Week (This was the most popular piece from GP2)
  • Race by Race Previews (taking a look at the track in depth, as well as give out pointers to where the cutting is a little over exaggerated by the game, that is if you lot want it)
  • Race Podium Interviews (Top 3 are interviewed from the race and then on the upcoming race)
  • The Essential (asking a random driver every 2 or 3 weeks at how they tackle a race weekend and how the prepare for it)
That is all from me, i hope i can be welcomed here in open arms as i have been in GP2, i hope this can also become a popular thread just like in GP2

Other drivers like @Finch & @George will have seen me do this in GT3 in Tier 2

Anyways that all from me now, and welcome to my Press Area

Last edited:

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week #5

Can anyone stop @DizzyCupid 519?

With the Mercedes driver taking 4 straight from the starting 4 races, it looks like @DizzyCupid 519 will be running away with the championship, with him standing on 100pts, the only driver to be in the triple figures, his closest competitor seems to be @LuckyDog2000 with almost half of the points that @DizzyCupid 519 has obtained, with the season still very much in its early stages it means that there are still a lot of races to complete and a whole lot of points to gain

New Boys on the Scene

There are some new faces on the grid for our trip to North America, with the arrival of @F1Maestro26 @t3hmightymidg3t & @x PrO BiGGzY x the new boys will be keen to show that they can race against some of the best drivers in the AOR F1 Leagues, as we all wait for Sunday night to arrive we wonder what they can do.

Braking problems in Montreal?

One of hopefully relatively small problems that have some engineers worried is the braking in some of the cars, with the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve being a somewhat heavy braking zone, some teams like Sauber, Mclaren and Ferrari have arrived in Canada with some concerns with the braking in their cars, it appears that from the data that we have pulled that the Sauber and Mclaren's brakes have been overheating into certain braking zones such as Turns 6 and 12, whilst Sauber have been looking like their having problems with theit Turn 10 and Turn 1 braking. The Ferrari story is a little more complex as their brakes are apparently "not braking quick enough" said Mauricio Arrivabene. Hopefully these problems can be fixed come race day.

Thats us for Week 5 of Gossip Week, i hope you all enjoyed

- Midget

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Canada Podium Interview

Hi everyone and welcome to our first Podium Interview here for F1 instead of GP2, today we are joined by our top 3 from Canada, and first up its the race winner

-----------------------------------------------------

Congrats on 5/5 wins, how do you feel?

@DizzyCupid 519 : 5 out of 5 wins feels great, couldn't ask for a better start to the season.

How do you think you will fare come Austria?

@DizzyCupid 519 : I like the high speed nature of Austria but with there only being 8 turns and it being very easy to run over a white line anything could happen.

Did you find Canada challenging, as it look like a walk in the park for you

@DizzyCupid 519 : Yes i found it challenge, mainly with the braking zones and the kerbs but i was able to find a sweet spot within the car set up so that helped me a lot

Who do you think will finish in the Top 5 for Austria?

@DizzyCupid 519 :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @George
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @t3hmightymidg3t

5. @F1Maestro26

--------------------------------------------------------

Up next was the best of the rest in @LuckyDog2000

Congrats on another podium, how do you feel?

@LuckyDog2000 : First of all to start, I appreciate being interviewed by you this is pretty cool!
Yeah another podium, it feels good, i was kind of worried that I wasn't going to end up on the podium, but my strategy and practice paid off. What else can I say, very happy with my efforts.

How do you feel heading to Austria?

@LuckyDog2000 : There is a lot of momentum for me heading into Austria, of all the races I've completed so far, I've finished 2nd every single time, which gives me hope that I can get another podium. I had a good battle on the first lap of Canada so if I get a good start, hopefully I can defend from dizzycupid. To be honest, this is going to be a very interesting race in terms of strategy, this is a big tire wear circuit. You need to take care of your tires and use a setup that will aid tire life. I've done practice races before and I feel confident in my setup. Overall anything can happen and with the momentum I have, I'm think I can get a podium.

You seem to have cemented yorself as a top driver, but no wins so far, do you think that will change come the end of the season?

@LuckyDog2000 : First of all, thanks for considering me as a top driver, it can be kind of hard when you get destroyed every single race by the same driver. In other words it will be difficult to accomplish because both dizzycupid and Franglish are very fast. With more practice and confidence, it can happen, anything can happen. You never know, dizzy seemed to have connection issues at Canada, so if he lags out, someone else could win. It will be difficult though as he seemingly learned from his misfortunes and mistakes in The F1 League

Who do you think will finish in the Top 5 in Austria?

@LuckyDog2000 :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @George
4. @CRL Rosberg
5. @F1Maestro26

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rounding out the podium was Ferrari's @George

How do you feel about your podium last weekend?

@George : Yeah, a difficult race for me in Canada, didn't quite have the pace tor catch Luckydog for P2 and Dizzy is so fast it's almost as if he's in a different catergory altogether. Damaging my front wing midway through the race didn't help either. P3 was the best I could achieve round here.

How do you feel heading to Austria?

@George : More Hopeful than confident to be honest, i like the track for sure, but it's not one I've raced on very much so I can't be sure of pace until we get there. Should be interesting.

It looked like you had a pretty lonely race around Canada, any thoughts on the matter?

@George : Not really no. It's up to me to get faster and get closer to the front.

Who do you think will finish in the top 5 for Austria?

@George
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to all our podium finishers we look forward to seeing you in Austria this Sunday

Reactions: Finch

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week 6

Engine Upgrades

With the Austria GP beckoning over the horizon some teams like Ferrari, Red Bull and Sauber are all bringing engine upgrades to Austria, with the A1 Ring being a power hungry circuit many teams will be looking to bring theses upgrades in the hopes that they might challenge the dominant force that is Mercedes.

Canada Controversy

When the first corner comes along in F1 many expect a crash or two, but most of the time everyone gets away realtively clean, this wasnt the case this weekend as the Sauber of @Taylor Reynolds & the Williams of @CRL Rosberg colliding between turns 2 & 3 and the Manor of @t3hmightymidg3t & Mercedes @F1Maestro26 running off track at Turn 2, a few laps later the Frenchman of @Meireloso ending his debut after colliding with a laggy & stationary @DizzyCupid 519, hopefully this wont be the case in Austria

New Boys Have Good First Impressions

With @t3hmightymidg3t , @F1Maestro26 and @x PrO BiGGzY x all moving up from GP2 to F1 there were some mixed feelings about it at first but all of that seems to be quelled as they all took 4th, 5th and 6th in the race, neither 3 of them getting lapped either...all 3 will be looking to go to Austria with a higher position in mind or staying where they are in the mid-pack, either way we wish them luck in their 2nd race in F1

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Austria Podium Interview

Well another chapter has been written for the AOR F1 Season 11 and it was a great race to watch, cars flying everywhere on the first couple of laps, great battle, great fun. Lets get a word in from our top 3 finishers

------------------------------------------------------------

In 1st as always it was @DizzyCupid 519

Congrats on another win, you make it look so easy out there, any thoughts on the race?

@DizzyCupid 519 : Yeah thanks another win feels great on a tricky track, the race went well after a bad start falling back to P2 on the start but getting back into the lead onto lap 1 was key

What are you feeling heading back to Britain?

@DizzyCupid 519 : i love Silverstone its one of my strongest tracks but i know a lot of people like Silverstone as well so its going to close.

@LuckyDog2000 looked like a serious challenger for the win today, is this concerning for your title hopes or do you think this is just a one off

@DizzyCupid 519 : Yeah he really put some pressure on me on the first stint but after that stint i was able to break DRS and the slipstream then pull away. And i think its just a one off but you can never be to sure.

Who do you think will finish in the Top 5 for Silverstone?

@DizzyCupid 519 :
1. @LuckyDog2000
2. @F1Maestro26
3. @CRL Rosberg
4. @Jack

5. @Finch

------------------------------------------------------------

Finishing a close 2nd place was @LuckyDog2000

Congrats on another podium, how do you feel?

@LuckyDog2000 : Another podium feels great, this one feels better because I was really close to Dizzy for the first stint and ended up setting the fastest lap for the whole first stint. It was fun while it lasted and great driving by Dizzy.

How do you feel heading to Silverstone?

@LuckyDog2000 : Going into Silverstone, there is some pressure on me to do better in this race since my performance Sunday. There is a lot of pressure as well with the really strict rules around this track but I think I can handle it. There is confidence though.

You seemed to be on par with Dizzy, was this just a one off performance or is this a sign of things to come?

@LuckyDog2000 : I don't think this was a one off performance. I practiced a lot for this race and I would also like to thank you for being in the lobby with me and Biggzy and trading setups, was fun. Sorry just wanted to say that, now that I know what strategy to use for Silverstone, if I practiced like I did for Austria and get people like you to practice and help me, I might have a better race than Austria and can close in on Dizzy gradually. Like I said, confidence is key, and I always tell myself someday, I can do it in my heart and soul, and I know I have the talent and motivation to battle with Dizzy in the future.

Who do you think will finish Top 5 in Silverstone?

@LuckyDog2000 :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @CRL Rosberg
4. @George
5. @F1Maestro26

I think it will be a close race for 2nd onwards, I think with the penalties, anyone can finish anywhere, I also don't know if I should place myself on predicted results, I'm not trying to be cocky it's just where I want to finish btw :p :) Good luck everyone at Silverstone and I hope to have a cracking battle with everyone, this is the perfect track to battle at in my opinion, take care everyone, thank you midget for interviewing me

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rounding out the top 3 was @F1Maestro26

From getting podiums in GP2 to F1, how different does it feel?

@F1Maestro26 : Looking at the race times when I was in GP2, I knew I had the pace to do it in F1, But I'm quite surprised that it came so soon at a track like Austria which I don't really like.

How do you feel heading to Silverstone?

@F1Maestro26 : Silverstone is one of my favourite tracks along with Spa, so I hope I can get another podium but I know a lot of people are quick there so it will be difficult

Once the final pitstops were made you looked like you were driving like a man possessed, was this strategy or sheer racing instinct?

@F1Maestro26 : I knew as soon as I played the long strategy game, I'd have to have an amazing last stint and that's what I did. Coming past @Bence Fehér and then @t3hmightymidg3t and @CRL Rosberg. It was quite fun actually!

Top 5 for Silverstone?

@F1Maestro26 :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @F1Maestro26
5. @Jack

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to our Podium Finishers, we wish you all the luck in Silverstone come Sunday

Last edited:

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
AOR XB1 F1 Round 7 Preview-British Grand Prix

This Sunday’s race takes us to a classic circuit of the calendar, Silverstone for the British Grand Prix. As well as being a home race for many drivers, it is a favourite for most of the drivers and fans.

Track Facts:

Circuit Length: 5.891km (3.661mi)
Corners: 18
Laps: 26
Lap Record: 1:33.401 (Mark Webber, 2013)

Turn 1-Abbey & Turn 2-Farm (background)

Abbey is flat out in 8th gear at 190mph in qualifying and is a very challenging corner as you have to get the turn in just right to take it flat. Farm is also flat out so you don’t have to worry about anything there.
WARNING: Cutting the apex of Abbey, even only marginally will result in a warning

Turn 3-Village, Turn 4-The Loop & Turn 5 Aintree

Village is a 2nd or 3rd gear corner depending on your choice at about 70mph, you will then swing it right to get an optimal wide entry into The Loop which is 2nd gear with a 55mph apex speed. It is crucial to get a good exit off here through Aintree for a good run down the Wellington Straight.
WARNING: Taking too much kerb into Village will also give you a warning.

Turn 6-Brooklands, Turn 7-Luffield & Turn 9-Woodcote

Brooklands is a crucial braking zone where you can jump on the brakes very late but it’s very easy to miss the apex to put you offline for Luffield. (Apex Speed 85mph, 3rd Gear) Luffield is the long right hander and you must be patient on the throttle to avoid under-steering out into the gravel. Woodcote is just a small curve in the old pit straight so nothing to worry about there.
WARNING: You have to be very greedy on the inside kerb, but it is possible to get a cutting warning at Brooklands. Too much inside or outside kerb at Luffield will also land you with a warning/penalty.

Turn 9-Copse

The old turn one is another crucial corner in the lap as you can win or lose up to half a second here. The apex speed is 175mph in 7th gear, but if you don’t get the corner exactly right, you could lose a lot of time.
WARNING: Cutting or extending, including minor ones will land you a penalty or warning.

Turns 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14 (Maggots, Becketts and Chapel)

These corners are one of the best sections in F1 and absolutely crucial to your lap, it is important to get a good line through all the apexes and carry good speed. The first slight right hander (turn 11) is flat out at 200mph in 8th gear. Turn 12 is 3 shifts down to 5th at 130mph. Becketts is a further shift down to 4th at 115mph and you can then accelerate flat through Chapel out onto the Hanger Straight.
WARNING: Any marginal cut on any of turn 11, 12 or 13 is likely to result in a penalty so be careful.

Turn 15-Stowe

A medium speed corner as we head towards the end of the lap. Late on the brakes and swing the car in at 115mph in 4th gear. Get on the power early for a good exit towards the Vale chicane.
WARNING: Cutting and extending (although it does have to be a reasonably large extend) can result in you being awarded a warning.

Turn 16, 17 & 18-Vale Chicane & Club Corner

The last sequence of corners on the track is at quite low speed with the first apex of Vale at 65mph. The penultimate corner is at 75mph in 3rd gear as you will then accelerate out trying to keep your rear end under control through Club at 135mph to finish the lap.
WARNING: Cutting either apex of Vale or extending either the penultimate or final corner is likely to result in a warning or penalty.

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you found it interesting and good luck to everybody tonight :)
you have no idea how long it took me to find all these pictures lol

@DizzyCupid 519 @LuckyDog2000 @Bence Fehér @CRL Rosberg @II OASIS I @George @Finch @Blackstahill @TRL Button @Taylor Reynolds @x PrO BiGGzY x @Meireloso @Jack

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week #6

Austria Spices Up

With @DizzyCupid 519 taking his 6th win from 6 races in F1, there was a little twist to the tail in Austria as Red Bull Racing's @LuckyDog2000 showed pace and consitency to challenge the mighty Mercedes driver for the first stint or so, this offered a potentially different winner, but the consistency of the Mercedes driver proved too much for @LuckyDog2000 who had to setlle for another 2nd place, putting the gap between the 2 drivers at 60pts... @LuckyDog2000 says that this race was no fluke and that he has now figured out how to combat the Mercedes, as all eyes now turn to Silverstone were all wondering what the American can do

Pirelli Warnings for Britain

With Silverstone beckoning on the horizon, Pirelli have been slightly concerened at the tyre wear issues at Silverstone, drivers in F1 have been complaing on the tyres starting to wear and as early as 2-3 laps in. Pirelli have said that there is nothing to worry about and that the race will go ahead, Pirelli have brought the Medium and Hard compund tyres and have said that the Mediums should last 7-10 laps and that the Hards should last 10-14 laps.

Constructors getting tight

Mclaren, Manor & Force India are all in a tight battle for 8th place in the constructors, with Toro Rosso still on 0pts, all 3 teams sit on 26pts, the momentum is with both Manor and Force India as Mclaren havent shown up to the last 2 races. Meanwhile at the top Red Bull and Mercedes are running away with 1st and 2nd with Mercedes on 177pts and Red Bull on 134pts, their nearest challenger is Williams on 84pts.

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week 7

Mclaren Make Their Return

After being absent for a couple of races, Mclaren Honda finally made their return to the grid at their home race in the UK, with @Troyfmcg qualifying in 10th place, and finishing in 9th, taking 2 extra points to add to their constructors tally, were hoping to see more from the Mclarens in Hungary, where their chassis and mechanical grip should give them a slight chance over the other cars on the grid

Manor Mishaps

The new teams that had only started their F1 career 2 weeks ago, suffered their worse results so far, before Britain both the Manors had finished in the points, when they arrived on race day for Silverstone, the Manor of @t3hmightymidg3t failed to make it to the grid after qualy, luckily the other Manor of @x PrO BiGGzY x did make it to the grid, but not the finish line as the Strict corner cutting rules took their tole on the British driver, with a break week coming up and Hungary still atleast +10 days away, the Manors can look for some R&R over the break week, this does not just apply to Manor but for all teams on the grid

Pirelli finally listen

After the drivers at Silverstone complained about the Hard compound tyre not offering enough grip, Pirelli have finally listened to the drivers and have adopted the Hard tyre for just 1 more race in the Calendar, at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan, will be the last time we see the oranged walled tyres, as Pirelli will either be offering Super-Softs and Softs or Softs and Medium compound tyres for the final races in the Calendar

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Podium Interview - Britain

Good Afternoon everyone, after watching the real European GP Qualy, i suddenly had the urge to finish this off, so here have the podium interview from Silverstone

----------------------------------------------------

Finishing 1st...again was @DizzyCupid 519

Congrats on another podium and win, you look unstopable at the moment

@DizzyCupid 519 : Thanks feels great but it also comes with a bit of frustration that i had enough ghost car on track what i am going to have to eliminate all together for the next race. And i am sure when i make a mistake the likes of luckydog and the crl boys will be ready to make use if it.

How do you feel heading into the break week and to Hungary

@DizzyCupid 519 : I enjoy the weeks off as it gives me time to reflect and improve and going back to Hungary its great of me because i enjoy the track a lot.

Winning on homesoil is an amazing, but what does it feel like to be a driver on the top of the podium, looking down on the hundreds of thousands of british fans

@DizzyCupid 519 : Its amazing for me personally its one thing to win a race at your home race but after the amount of pressure i was under from crl Rosberg was incredible. And looking down to see and sea of fans literally from the last turn to turn 1 was just amazing!

Top 5 for Hungary?

@DizzyCupid 519 : I honestly have no idea for hungary. I think the race will be decided on lap 1

Finishing 2nd was a surprising @Jack

Congrats on your 1st podium of the season, how do you feel?

@Jack : Achieving a podium feels amazing. This has provided me with great confidence for the remainder of the season.

Did the race feel challenging at all or was it a walk in the park for you?

@Jack : Overall, the race was quiet. During the beginning stages I was comfortable in 3rd. Further into the race CRL Rosberg disconnected which gifted me 2nd place. Throughout the race I was pleased with my pace.

How does it feel to be on the podium of the british gp, especially being British yourself

@Jack : It feels incredible to achieve a podium finish at Silverstone. This podium finish is one I will cherish for a long time.

Who do you think will finish top 5 in Hungary?

@Jack :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @Jack
5. @F1Maestro26

Finishing in 3rd and getting his 2nd podium in a row was @F1Maestro26

2 podiums in the last 2 races, did you ever imagine this when you joined F1?

@F1Maestro26 : I knew I'd be quick if I could get up to speed without the line. But I didn't think it would come so quickly. I'm actually a bit disappointed coz I feel I could have had more at Silverstone

How do you feel heading into the break week?

@F1Maestro26 : Reasonably confident. I'm somehow 5th in the championship and I'll be hoping to make that 3rd after Hungary but I know CRL Rosberg will be quick. I also have not done Hungary much on the game so it'll be challenging.

being British yourself, how does it feel to stand on the podium looking out onto the droves of british fans?

@F1Maestro26 : It was a great feeling! To take it in such dramatic circumstances at the last corner too. I was really happy to be standing up there with Dizzy and Jack

Top 5 for Hungary?

@F1Maestro26 :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @Jack

5. @F1Maestro26

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Race 8: Hungarian Grand Prix Race Report

As Qualifying started most drivers put on their setups and headed out for their first laps around the Hungaroring, unfortunately someone who wouldnt get a lap in was @Meireloso who's Toro Rosso came to an abrupt halt at the exit of the pit lane, the team believe there was a fault with his pedals with the accelerator pedal not working, he team retired the car and @Meireloso suffered by starting at the back of the grid, as the drivers came around to set their first laps it was @Finch that set he early pace, but ultimately it was @LuckyDog2000 who took Pole position for the Hungarian Grand Prix

Results
1st @LuckyDog2000 - 1.20.864
2nd @CRL Rosberg - 1.21.282
3rd @t3hmightymidg3t - 1.21.362
4th @F1Maestro26 - 1.21.422
5th @Finch - 1.22.203
6th @x PrO BiGGzY x - 1.22.578
7th @Bence Fehér - No Time Set
8th @DizzyCupid 519 - No Time Set
9th @Jack - No Time Set
10th @II OASIS I - No Time Set
11th @Meireloso - No Time Set

Race Day

As the drivers lined up on the grid all eyes were on 3 drivers, @LuckyDog2000 who started at the front row of the grid... @DizzyCupid 519 the Championship leader who started back in 'unfamiliar' territory ... and @Bence Fehér the hometown hero, proudly serving Hungary in the top flight of AOR Racers.

As the lights went out everyone seemed to get away ok, with the front 3 of @LuckyDog2000 @CRL Rosberg and @t3hmightymidg3t seemingly going 3-wide into Turn 1, with LuckyDog squeezing out the Scotsman off the track this put a 3-wide situation for 2nd place, now involving Finch who was squeezed by both CRL Rosberg and t3hmightymidg3t and inevitably spun around, there were a few bumps and knocks behind the top 5 and heading up to Turn 4 both Dizzy and Oasis running wide at Turn 4, all seemed ok for the next couple of turns, with some drivers recieving some knocks and bumps of the track especially both the Manor cars who had to deal with a laggy Dizzy for a few laps, before eventually the championship leader made his way through them, after the 1st round of pitstops everything seemed to settle down from the World War 3 start that occured in the opening laps, unfortunately not all drivers would make it too the finish @x PrO BiGGzY x , @Jack & @Meireloso would be at the hands of the stewards who deemed them to be 'abusing track limits' and Disqualified them from the results, along with the non finishers @II OASIS I suffered a Mechanical Failure and retired from the race, the same went for @t3hmightymidg3t who suffered an Electrical Fault around Lap 9 after he switched onto the Prime tyres. In the end we all expected it that Dizzy took his 8th win out of 8 races with CRL Rosberg 25 seconds behind him...finishing 3rd was a very happy LuckyDog who thought he'd thrown away the race after spinning on the kerbs twice.

Race Results
1st- @DizzyCupid 519
2nd- @CRL Rosberg
3rd- @LuckyDog2000
4th- @F1Maestro26
5th- @Finch
6th- @Bence Fehér
7th- @x PrO BiGGzY x
8th- @II OASIS I
9th- @t3hmightymidg3t
10th- @Jack
11th- @Meireloso

Well we say goodbye to Hungary and move onto Belgium, a fan and driver favorite. We also hear that there will be a drivers meeting on Thursday 23rd June.

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week 9

DizzyCupid519 the new Noble2909

With the season past its halfway point, and on Sunday Dizzy took his 9th victory in a row...in other news the sun is on fire and the oceans are flooded, many are drawing comparisons to the old greats of AOR and none more so than 5 time AOR Champion, Noble2909. Are we now seeing a revival of such dominance or will it all fall and crumble towards the end of the Season, with Spa coming up on Sunday, suprisingly...the future of Dizzy looks bleak, as rumours are spreading that the current Championship leader might not be able to participate in the race on Sunday...only time will tell if he is allowed to race, or not.

Suspension Problems at Spa

Speaking of Spa, teams such as Manor, Sauber and Ferrari have all been at the famous circuit earlier than the other teams, after being invited over by the Track Manager, what startled the teams the most was not only that Manor were actually on pace for a change, but that all 3 teams had some sort of Suspension failures at Eau Rouge and Radillon, luckily there were no major accidents, as all the cars made their way back to their respected garages. Is this a problem for all of the teams heading into Spa, or will it all be fixed by Sunday evening?

Mclaren and F1 part ways after 50 years

After 50 years in the sport, we will sadly no longer hear the famous Mclaren name on the Finishing results anymore...not that we did anyway after a couple of round, with both Scottish drivers of troyfmcg and JordanMcGonigal leaving the Mclaren team, with one last hoorah from troy at their home race in Silverstone, Mclaren say that this isnt over and that they are eyeing a return come Season 12 or maybe sooner.

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Podium Interview - Hungary

Welcome everyone to another installment of the Podium Interview, our previous race was Hungary, and we have our Top 3 right here to give their analysis on the race from their POV

Finishing 1st was @DizzyCupid 519

First question that everyone is probably wondering is that you qualified 7th without a time set, was there a problem with the car during qualy, or was it something a little less serious?

@DizzyCupid 519 : I wanted to start at the back to pass some cars during the race and to spice my race a bit but withs other cars having lag outs or not being able to set a lap i started much higher up then i expected

Belgium is up next and a lot of people are wondering, can you make it 9/9 wins?

@DizzyCupid 519 : I would love to make it 9 out of 9 wins but with each race everyone seems to be getting closer to me so it could be a real fight for the win. but i do plan to start from the back again so it should be a load of fun

Top 5 for Belgium?

@DizzyCupid 519 :
1. @LuckyDog2000

2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @Jack
4. @F1Maestro26

5. @Bence Fehér

------------------------------------------------------

Finishing in 2nd was @CRL Rosberg

You qualified P2 on the front row of the grid, what was your plan from then out, since you had pretty much just the Red Bull of Lucky to worry about?

@CRL Rosberg : I didn't really have much of a plan. After being disappointed not to have pole I wanted to lead at turn 1 and try and break the pack while Dizzy was in the mid field. Didn't quite work out.

How do you feel heading to Belgium, since its a fan and driver favorite?

@CRL Rosberg : Belgium is a fun track as it's very high speed but requires a good car setup to achieve the best lap times. I'm feeling pretty confident to get another podium but I'll need to sort out my qualifying pace.

Who do you think will finish in the Top 5 for Belgium?

@CRL Rosberg :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @Jack

5. @F1Maestro26

Rounding out the Top 3 was @LuckyDog2000

Congrats on your first Pole Position in AOR, tell me...what was your immediate reaction as the lights went out and on the run down to the first couple of turns?

@LuckyDog2000 : Thank you very much! First of all this podium is dedicated to my friend CRL Hulkenburg, his brother passed away from leukemia. And Genius for the strategy call at the end. I was a little nervous because being on pole is something I'm not used to and was afraid some people would start before me. But I knew that I was good at starts so I was not too concerned.

Now you had some problems with the kerbs in Hungary, twice you spun off and once damaging your Front wing...do you think there was a problem with the cars suspension or the kerbs at Hungary themselves?

@LuckyDog2000 : I don't know to be honest with the curbs. When I practiced and during the the race I would touch those carbs and nothing would happen. I used the same suspension the whole weekend so it could not have been that. It probably was the curbs, but I though it was wired how it only happened in the race, not in practice. Nevertheless really happy that I managed to get 18 laps on the primes, it felt like a win to accomplish that. I felt if it weren't for that, I would have beaten CRL Rosberg

Who do you think will finish top 5 in Belgium?

@LuckyDog2000 :
1. @DizzyCupid 519
2. @CRL Rosberg
3. @Jack
4. @t3hmightymidg3t
5. @Taylor Reynolds

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week 9

Bonkers Belgium

Belgium always seems to throw up some cracking races, 10 made the grid, as the leading pack of @F1Maestro26 @CRL Rosberg @t3hmightymidg3t & @LuckyDog2000 all headed up to Le Combe, it all got a bit too close for comfort and the Mercedes, Red Bull and Manor cars all got tangled up costing both @t3hmightymidg3t & @LuckyDog2000 a shot of the podiumand coming up to the last few laps we lost 4 cars in the last laps alone...first with @t3hmightymidg3t & @Taylor Reynolds being DSQ'd by the stewards for 'eratic driving' boh drivers werent happy with how Belgium turned out...then we lost @Finch who's Ferrari grinded to a halt in the last sector with an engine blowout, then only seconds later the Mercedes of @F1Maestro26 always came to a halt with an engine failure, this was a surprise to the Mercedes team as their car was favoured to outperform the other cars of Ferrari and Red Bull...in the end @CRL Rosberg crossed the line first, but turns out he had a penalty and the win was handed to Red Bull's @Bence Fehér handing the first non Mercedes victory to the Hungarian. However the results are subjected to change and could re-arrange any time this week before the f1 circus heads of to Italy for Round 10...all this and @DizzyCupid 519 was forced to sit on the sidelines

Power upgrades for Italy

Another round, another power hungry track, next up on the calendar is Monza, and from what we can figure out is that Red Bull, Mercedes, Manor, Ferrari and Sauber are all bringing engine upgrades. Manor, Ferrari and Sauber whom all run under the Ferrari engine have brought along some MGU-K upgrades, whilst the Mercedes works team have made some ICE unit upgrades...Red Bull on the other hand have made vaulable upgrades to boh the MGU-K and ICE units on both @LuckyDog2000 & @Bence Fehér after realising just how pacey they can be and can challenge for some wins...coupled with the new engine upgrades, add in a dash of DRS and slipstream and we could see some cars hitting the 230mph mark, i guess we shall find out on Sunday evening

Title Challenge building up

With the evergrowing speculation that @DizzyCupid 519 will be unlikely to race again for Mercedes, the race is on for a title challenge and 4 drivers are still in contention to take the top spot away from @DizzyCupid 519. The 4 closest challengers who have a remote chance at taking that top spot are @LuckyDog2000 @CRL Rosberg @Bence Fehér & @F1Maestro26 in that order, of course the points system and how far they are away from that 200pts mark is all dependant on the penalties and if they are removed or not from Belgium, only time will tell if the penalties will be removed

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Podium Interview - Belgium

So, another cracking weekend behind us, a chaotic one at that which saw hte first non Mercedes win of the season, we will be alking to our top 3 finishers from Belgium

-------------------------------------------------------

Finishing 1st was @Bence Fehér

Congrats on your first ever win in AOR, how do you feel?

@Bence Fehér : Thank you! Before the season I didn't expect anything like it. This race was absoultely incredible. Spa is my favourite track so to get my first victory here is really special. Congratulations to CRL Rosberg! I'd like to thank Luckydog the help throughout the season, the setups and tips. We've been working really hard together.

How do you feel heading to Italy with so much momentum and form behind you?

@Bence Fehér : I feel really confident heading to Italy but we've gotta stay on the ground with both feet. Last race was a good sign that we might be going to the right direction but we'll have to see what happens in the next few races.

Who do you think will finish in the top 5 for Italy?

@Bence Fehér :

1. @F1Maestro26
2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @CRL Rosberg
4. @Bence Fehér

5. @Jack

------------------------------------------------------

Finishing 2nd was @CRL Rosberg thanks to a 3 second time penalty

Congrats on another podium, however it couldve been a win, how do you feel?

@CRL Rosberg : The fact it could have been a win is disappointing since it would have helped me catch @LuckyDog2000 and @DizzyCupid 519 but the important thing is that I'm closer to winning a race before @LuckyDog2000

ofcourse, you did everything in your power to finish in 1st but ultimately the penalty shot you in the foot, what was going through your mind as you dropped from 1st to 2nd?

@CRL Rosberg : I knew as soon as I saw I had a penalty I knew it was over. Pretty much it.

Top 5 for Italy?

@CRL Rosberg :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @F1Maestro26
3. @LuckyDog2000
4. @Jack

5. @Bence Fehér

Rounding out the top 3 was @Jack

Congrats on another podium, did you find Belgium tricky at all?

@Jack : Thank you, Belgium most certainly provides challenging aspects but as a racer that is what we prefer. The race was very exciting, especially lap 1. I hope to achieve more podiums throughout the comig races.

How did you fare when the wet weather hit?

@Jack : Wet weather is always tricky. It is all about timing. I believe I managed the weather within a decent fashion. Through to the end of the race, it transferred to full wet tyres but the intermeaditates were able to reach the end.

How did you feel after coming to blows with @Taylor Reynolds at the exit of Brussels?

@Jack : Personally, I believe Talor was aggressive throughout the majority of the race. This most certainly hindered my chance at a podium.

Top 5 for Italy?

@Jack :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @F1Maestro26
4. @Jack
5. @t3hmightymidg3t

And that concludes our Podium Interview, up next is Italy and that will probably be out next Thursday..be on the lookout either later on today or tomorrow for some more content ;)

Reactions: Taylor Reynolds