XB1 - Press Area | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Press Area

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Championship

Hello everyone, with 6 rounds left in the Championship there are '6' drivers still in a championship lets take a look at the drivers who are still in contention for the Drivers Championship

@LuckyDog2000

Total Points - 119

Points to @DizzyCupid 519 - 81

The American has had no wins this season yet, being plagued with unluckyness, however he has been relatively consistent in the Championship and currently sitting in 2nd place

For @LuckyDog2000 to surpass Dizzy's 200 points tally as fast as possible he will need to do this

Win - Italy, Singapore and Japan

At USA @LuckyDog2000 will need to finish 6th or above to surpass the 200pts mark

@LuckyDog2000 will just need to outscore the other 4 drivers in contention for the championship from Italy to USA

-------------------------------------------------------

@CRL Rosberg & @Bence Fehér

@CRL Rosberg Total Points - 77pts
@Bence Fehér Total Points - 77pts

Both the Irishman and the Hungarian showed their pace and hunger for a win in Belgium, ultimately it was the latter who came out on top. Both of them have momentum and form behind them, so who knows who will come out on top

For both @CRL Rosberg & @Bence Fehér to surpass the 200pts mark set by Dizzy they will need too...:

Win Italy, Singapore, Japan, USA & Brazil

With Abu Dhabi to spare, both rdivers will need to outscore @LuckyDog2000 by 7.16pts per race, from Italy to Brazil

------------------------------------------------------

@F1Maestro26

The previous GP2 Drivers Championship leader has settled into life well in F1...having taken 2 podiums both in Austria and Britain, but has slumped down a little finishing 4th in Hungary and 7th in Belgium.

for @F1Maestro26 to win the Championship he will need to...:

Win Italy, Singapore, Japan, USA and Brazil

For Abu Dhabi @F1Maestro26 will have to finish 2nd or above to overtake the 200pt mark set by Dizzy

@F1Maestro26 will also have to outscore

@LuckyDog2000 by 9.83pts per race
@CRL Rosberg & @Bence Fehér by 2.83pts per race

--------------------------------------------------------

@II OASIS I

The second Williams driver in the Drivers hunt is @II OASIS I...he has had a string of consistent results and 2 podiums at Austrlia & Spain, with a string of 5th-7th place results, has kept him in a title fight, but the DNF's in Austria and Hungary have cost him a higher position in the standings.

for @II OASIS I to clinch the title he will need to...:

Win Italy, Singapore, Japan, USA, Brazil & Abu Dhabi

@II OASIS I can afford to finish 2nd in Abu Dhabi which would put him on 200points, but @DizzyCupid 519 will still be ahead of him from his 8 wins, compared to @II OASIS I 's 6 wins

@II OASIS I will have to outscore...

@LuckyDog2000 by 10.3 points per race
@CRL Rosberg & @Bence Fehér by 3.1 points per race
@F1Maestro26 by 0.3 points per race

------------------------------------------------

And that concludes this little one of post...i want to say thanks to our crackteam of Mathmeticians...they arent actually Mathmeticians they are crackheads we found of the street...employment is difficult these days...anyways...se you guys for Italy

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week 10

Intense Italy

Another week of F1, and another outstanding Grand Prix, which saw @CRL Rosberg take his 1st win in AOR F1, after he was robbed in both Malaysia and Belgium. @CRL Rosberg becomes the 1st Irish race winner since JACK 575 back in Season 9 on F1 2014, with @DizzyCupid 519 still on the sidelines and @LuckyDog2000 finishing down the order from where he would want to be, this has put the championship into the 2 drivers hand with 2 tasks at hand, number 1 would be to catch that 200 point mark that Dizzy set earlier in the season...the other would be to fend off eachother and outscore eachother...all this and we almost saw a Ferrari on the podium with @Finch taking 4th place in front of the 2 Manor cars, who both managed to finish a race with getting DSC or DSQ...the first time since Austria...over a month ago. Check out the Race Results for more on who finished where

Mclaren are back

After missing out the Hungarian and Belgian GP, Mclaren are back, and they came back with a bang...they decided to keep @Troyfmcg after some decent drivers to score points, but they went out for a hunt to find a driver to replace Jordan, they found @BurnoutF1 who delivered them their 1st podium of the season, finishing in 2nd place. Could this be a sign that Mclaren are back in contention for maybe even some race wins...with 5 races left its unlikely that they will challenge for the Constructors title, but can certainly make a charge towards the midfield teams like Ferrari, Force India and Manor.

Singapore Awaits

Our last night race on the calendar, takes us to the bustling country of Singapore, the night race based around the Marina Bay is a popular race among drivers and fans alike...Pirelli have decided to bring along the SuperSoft and Soft tyres for the race, which could see a mix of 2-3 stops during the 31 laps of the race, which one is faster?...we cant say for sure but one thing we do know is that there are bound to be front wings lost during this race, so make sure to pack your bags with an extra pair or 2 ;)

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Podium Interview - Italy

Another GP, another weeks worth of racing, lets catch up with the podium finishers from the Temple of Speed

-------------------------------------------------

Finishing 1st (eventually) was @CRL Rosberg

Congrats on your first AOR win in F1, its been a long time coming...how do you feel?

@CRL Rosberg : I feel unbelievable! It was such a great feeling to finally win after disconnecting at Malaysia and losing Belgium due to a penalty. I do feel that the winks slightly undeserved as Dizzycupid519 would probably have been champion by now but I'll take it.

After getting tangled up with Taylor, what were your thoughts on how you would tackle the race from there?

@CRL Rosberg : I just knew I had to push like hell. I was so fortunate that Williams made a very strong wing to help me fight back.

Do you feel you have the edge over your Championship rivals?

@CRL Rosberg : Yes 100%. I feel pace wise I'm better, I think I can win.

Top 5 for Singapore?

@CRL Rosberg :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @F1Maestro26
3. @Jack
4. @BurnoutF1
5. @t3hmightymidg3t

--------------------------------------------------------

Finishing 2nd on his debut was @BurnoutF1

1st race in f1...1st podium...did you think you would be on the podium in your first race?

@BurnoutF1 : No i did not think i was gonna get a podium especially starting from 7th but i raced hard and managed to avoid incidents

What was going through your mind after the incident between Rosberg and Taylor, that put you into 1st place?

@BurnoutF1 : As soon as Taylor and Rosberg crashed I just tried to keep calm be clean

Who do you think will finish in the top 5 for Singapore?

@BurnoutF1 :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @Jack
3. @BurnoutF1
4. @x PrO BiGGzY x
5. @t3hmightymidg3t

Rounding out the Podium was @Jack

Another podium to add to your collection...how do you feel?

@Jack : I have achieved a lot recently, another podium has further contributed. In the coming races I hope to achieve more podiums and further cement my position in the championship standings

Twice youve not set a representative laptime in qualy, and twice you've finished on the podium...is this something we will be seeing more of in the last 5 races?

@Jack : Possibly, it all depends on how comfortable I am at each specific track. Personally, I prefer to know I am able to complete my strategy without any apparent worry regarding the tyres.

Top 5 for Singapore?

@Jack :
1. @CRL Rosberg

2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @Jack
4. @BurnoutF1
5. @F1Maestro26

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
The Championship Hunt

Good afternoon everyone, and welcome to the 2nd installment of the Championship, i will be doing this up until the last race, just to give the drivers whom are still in the Championship Hunt a look at what they need to do for the next 5 races to win the Championship

With @DizzyCupid 519 still 77pts clear of 2nd place with 5 races to go, we will see what the remaining drivers have to do to surpass that 200pt mark

---------------------------------------------------

@LuckyDog2000

Having a rather shoddy race in Monza, the American will be looking to bounce back under the street lights of Singapore, here is what he will need to do

@LuckyDog2000 will need to win Singapore, Japan & USA GP's to reach 198pts, that will leave him Brazil and Abu Dhabi left to spare and only needing to score 3pts in those 2 races

He will also need to outscore his competitors from Singapore to USA in order to give him the best chance at winning the title

--------------------------------------------------

@CRL Rosberg

After a triumphant win in Monza, the Irishman will be looking to keep this hotstreak going through the last 5 races

@CRL Rosberg will need to win Singapore, Japan, USA & Brazil to take him past the 200pts

@CRL Rosberg will also need to outscore @LuckyDog2000 by 5pts each race to overtake him in the championship

he will also need to just outscore his remaining competitor in the next races

@Bence Fehér

The Hungarian missed out on the race in Monza, which has hampered his chances at winning the title, however it is still possible, just very improbable for him

@Bence Fehér will need to win Singapore, Japan, USA, Brazil & Abu Dhabi to get passed the 200 points set by Dizzy

@Bence Fehér will also need to outscore Lucky by 10pts each race, and outscore Rosberg by 6pts per race

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Singapore Practice Session

AOR SNG PRACTICE 1 (FIN).jpg

So now that Saturday is upon us, all the teams and drivers have arrived in Singapore, some more jetlagged than others, with the likes of @BurnoutF1 @LuckyDog2000 @CRL Rosberg @Jack all doing a midweek race back in Austria, things could be a little interesting.

As you can see from the results, it was @CRL Rosberg who topped todays practice session with a 1.41.863 with @LuckyDog2000 in 2nd, just a few tenths shy of @CRL Rosberg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following a close 3rd, 4th and 5th was @Bence Fehér @BurnoutF1 & @t3hmightymidg3t with less than 1 tenth seperating them, this should hot up the race as it looks so close between everyone for the midfield pack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An odd one out for the practice sessions was the Mercedes of @F1Maestro26 & @DizzyCupid 519, with the latter unable to set a laptime...luckily @F1Maestro26 was able to set a laptime, but not a very competitive one, as he was only able to do 3 laps around the night circuit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Toro Rosso's of @Meireloso & @Rapidz F1 looks vulnerable under the Singapore lights, as relatively slow lap times, being 1.7 secs of the fastest drivers, hopefully they will be able to make good pace come qualifying and the race, tomorrow night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That concludes our roundup of the practice session here today, i hope you all enjoyed...lets have an entertaining race come tomorrow night

(btw this graph for the practice session took me a few days to create, so id appreciate if you like this. Thanks)

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week #11

Red Bull Take their 2nd Win

With @Bence Fehér taking their 1st win in Belgium, the other halfof the garage has setpped up with @LuckyDog2000 taking his 1st win off the season, this is the break that @LuckyDog2000 has needed since DizzyCupid519 'left' the league he has had dismal results with both a 6th and 8th in Belgium and Italy, Red Bull is now fully back to its form that we once seen many seasons ago, and with no Mercedes present in Japan, Red Bull will be looking to capitalise on the absent Silver Arrows and perhaps take the lead in the Constructors Championship

Driver Transfers???

Since we are now at the tail end of the season, many drivers will be looking to see where they will end up next season, with some wondering if they will even have a drive for next season, with 2 new teams coming back into play with Renault and the new American outfit Haas F1 Team, as well as a 22 man grid instead of the conventional 16 man grid, this will open up many new doors too see where drivers will want to go come Season 12, with Openings at Mercedes, Sauber, Mclaren & Force India...as well as the new teams mentioned before, we will just have to wait and see who moves where.

New Rules and a Brand New Track

With the season coming to a close, many are looking forward to what the new season will bring, the answer being that there will be new regulations, with concerning the strict rules and wether or not the drivers and teams will want to keep them for Season 12, coming in Season 12 will be the return of the German GP at Hockenheim as well as a brand new street circuit in Azerbaijan which will host the European GP, this will be the first time we've seen the German GP back on the grid since Season 10 as the GP was axed from this years calendar, because the FIA and the track managers couldnt come to an agreement, with Russia, Mexico, China and Monaco still being questionable for Season 12, we will just have to wait and see

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Podium Interview - Singapore

Sorry im late with this one guys :p

Another week, and race has gone by with the last night race of the Season under the lights of Singapore. That night we seen our 4th different winner in F1

-----------------------------------------------------

Finishing 1st was @LuckyDog2000

First ever win, and now we have our 4th different winner, how does it feel?

@LuckyDog2000 : It was bound to come at some point. It feels so good after coming back through the field after an incident on lap 1. It was difficult, but the two stopper made it easier.

What are your thoughts about Japan?

@LuckyDog2000 : Japan is a track I like but it is very difficult to master and to become quick, for me at least. I have had some success in the past around here so hopefully a win will come.

Any thoughts on the Championship?

@LuckyDog2000 : It's still not going to be easy to win this. @CRL Rosberg is not giving up and is giving his all to win, so I'm not going to storm off in the distance. It's alive though after this race and I believe that hard work and confidence will bring me to success and glory.

Top 5 for Japan?

@LuckyDog2000 :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @Jack
3. @Bence Fehér
4. @t3hmightymidg3t
5. @Rapidz F1

Finishing in 2nd was @BurnoutF1

2 Races and 2 Podiums, can we see a 3rd in Japan?

@BurnoutF1 : Yes very mind blowing. Didn't expect it but the pace was there and Ithink we'll see more in Japan.

How did you find the challenge of the Singapore Street Circuit?

@BurnoutF1 : Singapore was very challenging especially loosing an emplate in the closing stages from the lead but i was able to catch up and in the end get another P2.

Top 5 for Singapore?

@BurnoutF1 :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @BurnoutF1
3. @Jack
4. @Rapidz F1
5. @LuckyDog2000

Completing the Top 3 was @Rapidz F1

Ofcourse you missed Italy, so how did it feel being on the grid in AOR F1 for the first time?

@Rapidz F1 : It's amazing to be part of a league with so many quick drivers who are just wanting to win week in week out. It's an amazing opportunity to be part of AOR due to it being around since 2010. I wasn't that nervous because I've raced with many of the drivers on the grid before like CRL Rosberg, CRL Hamilton, LuckyDog2000Now and Burnout F1 in other leagues. However, it was an exciting expierence and a great debut race! I can't wait for Japan.

Were you nervous with the last lap battle against Burnout F1?

@Rapidz F1 : No I wasn't that nervous. I've battled with him and other league racers before in close situations! I love battling for positions. It's fun as you really feel that you are fighting for something that is worth fighting for! You have to put trust in the other driver or drivers so you don't make contact, but with Burnout F1, we have that trust because we have raced together so many times before. I'm sure I'll have that same trust with the other drivers on the grid as they all seem pretty clean!

Top 5 for Singapore?

@Rapidz F1 :
1. @CRL Rosberg
2. @LuckyDog2000
3. @BurnoutF1
4. @Jack
5. @Bence Fehér

Gossip Week #12 will be out either, later on today or tomorrow