Proposed Mazda Season Alterations. **VOTE** | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Proposed Mazda Season Alterations. **VOTE**

Some Changes I believe will better the racing in these cars, the initial "Long Race" seeme

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Some Changes I believe will better the racing in these cars, the initial "Long Race" seemed a good Idea until I tried it and it was very very boring! And Drivers will not get much of a chance to race for podiums and wins.

So I have alternatively changed & added some tracks, short tracks to race first each week with a qualifying session (10 minutes) then requiring a tyre change mid race from Racing Mediums TO Racing Hards, the Following Race on the longer tracks (also a slightly longer race) will require top 5 drivers from the first race to start on Racing Hards, every other driver can start on Racing Mediums, a pit stop is required to change to Racing Hards, the top 5 drivers who started on Hards CANNOT switch to Mediums. This should give the slower drivers an advantage and spice up the championship giving lots of people a chance!

New Proposed Rule Changes:
Racing Hard and Racing Mediums
10 Minute Qualifying Session for Race One.
Race One (Short Track) - 20 Minute Race
Reversed Grid + Top 5 Drivers From Race One Handicapped on Hard Racing Tyres For Race Two.
Race Two (Longer Track) - 25 Minute Race.

Race Calendar:
WeekTrack Race Length (Laps)Date
1Brands Hatch Grand PrixRace 18 (cut short due to room problem)7th July @ 8PM
1Brands Hatch Grand PrixRace 24*Reverse Grid + Top 4 Start On Racing Hards*
2Silverstone NationalRace 120 + Qualifying14th July @ 8PM
2Redbull Ring Full (A1)Race 215*Reverse Grid + Top 4 Start On Racing Hards*
3Autumn Ring MiniRace 130 + Qualifying21st July @ 8PM
3Nurburgring GP/DRace 216*Reverse Grid + Top 4 Start On Racing Hards*
4Tsukuba CircuitRace 122 + Qualifying28th July @ 8PM
4Laguna Seca Mazda RacewayRace 216*Reverse Grid + Top 4 Start On Racing Hards*

Drivers:

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Original format.

Week 1 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 7th July @ 8pm
Feature: TBC Sprint: TBC
Week 2 - RedBull Ring - 14th July @ 8pm

Week 3 - Twin Ring Motegi East Course - 21st July @ 8pm
Week 4 - Laguna Seca Raceway - 28th July @ 8pm

Race format -
- 15 minute Qualifying session
- Feature Race with one required pit stop change to Hard Racing Tyres. (increased race length)
- Sprint Race with grids reversed based on the feature race results. (this race will be shorter than previous seasons to reflect a longer feature)

I like the idea of only having 10 min quali as 15 is a bit long. (That could be discussed in the leagues after chosen format)

I hope "no" means having the original format! :)

Most things on the "new" format is good. But I mainly don't like having 2 tracks/weekend.

Trusefusker

Rookie
Jan 21, 2014
I Agree with Fantic, it's a cool concept and nice tracks, but it just becomes a hassle with 2 tracks a week.

BILLY-DA-KID

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Well it's such a short season that I think 2 tracks a week is a good idea and will spice it up.

Jan 14, 2014
agree with billy. lets face it, this is not a proper season after all. so more tracks give us something different and allow us to relax more or work twice as hard to prepare for the races and then punishing you for taking it too seriously.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I think its perhaps fair to add Medium Racing tyres to the Allowed Tyres? With a mandatory change to Hard tyres?

Sub-Star

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
I like your proposed changes Ash! :) I think it spices things up nicely, and lets people like me have a better chance at being competative.

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Trusefusker;n57784 said:
as a top 5 finisher from the first race, are you allowed to not stop in race 2?
I assume that a mandatory stop is required in Race 2 for all drivers.