PS3 F3 - Round 8: German Grand Prix [22/06/2014 - 7:45PM BST] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 F3 - Round 8: German Grand Prix [22/06/2014 - 7:45PM BST]

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014

Round 8 - German Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 22nd June 2014
Time: 7:45pm (UK time)
Circuit: Nürburgring

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Absences:
-f1maniac (possibly)

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;iuMnm1ly2bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMnm1ly2bQ[/video]

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
there's a 50/50 chance whether i'll be able to make this or not, coming back from a wedding on sunday

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014
No chance of me making this one, going to London and won't be back to til 11. Enjoy the race. BTW Sorry for not especially active at the moment.

JIM-NervoTank

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Hi, today I will be in the beach and I dont know at what time I will be back home, so if im not at the start of the race, start without me. I will try to notify you tho. See u :)

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
FYI, i won't be there again tonight guys, apologies for my awful attendance this past couple of weeks, could somebody please get pics of quali and race results again tonight, thanks to whoever did it last time, thanks guys

Escavudu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q:2nd...... R:2nd...... Was not happy to see the wet quali, but glad to see the race was going to be dry. To my surprise was fastest in quali until sakis beat my time right at the end to take the pole, was very tight!!..... Race start was ok, but cal made a good start and passed round the outside into T1 and opened up a gap until I settled. Was close behind with coaches, but got into a rhythm and started to catch cal and gap coaches. Passed cal on lap 2/3, but sakis was away in front so I decided to try a different strategy and opted for the 2 stop. My pace seemed really good on the fresh tyres and reeled in sakis before his pitstop, which was 4/5 laps before mine was due. I stayed smooth and the tyres lasted 11 laps and pitted again on lap 18, hoping I could get 12 out of the next set. Came out of the pits just behind sandwich, but managed to get passed quite quickly and started the chase after coaches, who was now in 2nd. Got close to coaches and he pitted, sakis now 7s in front. I managed to hold on to the lead until 4 laps to go, sakis catching very fast and I could do nothing. Sakis on fresh tyres got passed quickly, apologies for the contact:switched sides on the straight which I wasn't expecting. Sakis started to pull away and I made a few mistakes when behind allowing him to stretch the lead easily by 6/7s, my tyres now pretty bad coaches almost passed me on the last corner, but I just managed to hold on for the 2nd spot. A good race, well done to sakis and coaches, some tight racing.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q:7th. Never drove nose-cam in the wet. LOL; some turns it was just goodluck i stayed on the black. Very difficult to see the curbs.
R:7th. Again a good start. Was able to keep up with the rest for much longer. :thumbsup: Pitty my plan for a 2 stopper didn't work out. The options were ok for 7 laps and the primes only 10. Pace was ok on both tires but in lap 25 i just had to pit for a new set. Sorry bout that contact, Call. I knew you were coming but when you passed me i came out of the gravel with my left rear. To hold her steady i had to made a little correction to the right. No harm done, i hope??
For me this race again was good learning. No big mistakes, oh well; just one. Coaches was behind me goin uphill. I totally mist the 100m. sign. LOL :blushing: Only saw 50m. And yeah,way to wide.
Nice driving by the podium and the rest of us.
See you next race.