PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix - Thursday 30 January - 20:15 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix - Thursday 30 January - 20:15

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
horrible last stint! was in 6th up until lap 18. Was having a great battle with jimmy all race but for some reason my last set of primes just had no grip, I seemed to brake earlier and earlier and still the car wouldn't stop. Anyway I hit Jimmy and got a penalty and probably ruined his race. I waited for everyone and went back to 13th then on the last lap I hit Elite. waited for you swell mate sorry. I actually braked before the 200m mark into the first corner and still couldn't slow the car down. Sorry boys for the useless driving from me. I really don't know why the car felt so different in that last stint.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
teo113;n8206 said:
Q: 5th
R: 4th
very fun race, was in 2nd briefly in the first part of the race after NicoNOR spun a Mclaren at turn 2.
The final part of the race I was battling Chris for 4th. I was good fun but he did tag me from behind on the main straight which sent me into the barriers and then didn't wait...
But got the result at the end.
What!!! When!!!! Where!!! What a downer. Thoroughly enjoyed the race till read this! Anybody who races with me knows I'm a fair driver. If I had hit you I'd wait. I would also say sorry. Not at any time did I make contact? Which lap?

Teo, you and Nico made contact and I passed you at that point (midrace I think) but I was 2 seconds adrift at that point. Is that what you're referring too?

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Jan 13, 2014
penguindance;n8253 said:
horrible last stint! was in 6th up until lap 18. Was having a great battle with jimmy all race but for some reason my last set of primes just had no grip, I seemed to brake earlier and earlier and still the car wouldn't stop. Anyway I hit Jimmy and got a penalty and probably ruined his race. I waited for everyone and went back to 13th then on the last lap I hit Elite. waited for you swell mate sorry. I actually braked before the 200m mark into the first corner and still couldn't slow the car down. Sorry boys for the useless driving from me. I really don't know why the car felt so different in that last stint.
dont remember you hitting me mate tbh, my race was finish on lap 4 when i braked for ascari with 1 wheel on the white line, locked up and went into the gravel, race over boooooooooooo:cursing:

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy. P 16. Went out with enough time for two laps at the end. Cut the first corner so the game kicked me off!

Race. P. 15. Great start and I was P6 after 6 laps. Now, I was on a one stop so started to think I could be on for an excellent race. I was on the Primes and driving within myself and keeping pace.

Unfortunately, I then went around 8 laps without completing a solid lap on the track! Whether it was being hit off, spinning, or colliding with others (sorry BKD but I had nowhere to go). What made me laugh the most was that despite overtaking Cookie on Lap 6 as he went into the pits, he passed me back on Lap 8 or 9!

Rest of the race was poor but uneventful.

Until about two laps before the end when I was getting lapped and got smashed off at the second chicane by a car in the front group. That is not the driving standard expected from a front runner. Blue flags mean you need to pull over at a safe place, not immediately. If anyone has video of that, I would love to see it. I would also note that it doesn't matter who you take out. You still have to wait for them.

Unfortunately, my car was then hit by Hardjo (he had nowhere to go) and ruined our battle for last.

On a separate note, I was disappointed with some of the Sector 3 times that I saw on Race Director.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Indrek! Can I see your video then please when u upload? from my pov u hit me, slow car in front on straight, slow car inside line, you middle and and a little racing line, me inside line behind you and close. you suddenly turn sharply and ggo off line and hit me. I got aa 10 second penalty for it which I need to contest at the stewards.

WooWaa

Rookie
Jan 20, 2014
Had some great racing with a few people tonight, was guttered I could catch ali at the end lol although on the last corner I went deep and nearly caught his back end

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
elite_sultan;n8257 said:
dont remember you hitting me mate tbh, my race was finish on lap 4 when i braked for ascari with 1 wheel on the white line, locked up and went into the gravel, race over boooooooooooo:cursing:
No I ment Indrek

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Jan 13, 2014
WooWaa;n8268 said:
Had some great racing with a few people tonight, was guttered I could catch ali at the end lol although on the last corner I went deep and nearly caught his back end
yeah good stuff woowaa, i thought you got abit close:crying: the proxy arrows lit up like blackpool tower

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
Indrek! Can I see your video then please when u upload? from my pov u hit me, slow car in front on straight, slow car inside line, you middle and and a little racing line, me inside line behind you and close. you suddenly turn sharply and ggo off line and hit me. I got aa 10 second penalty for it which I need to contest at the stewards.
i dint say it was your fault,i just sayd i wanted to go behinde hardjo because i hit him and wanted to give him place back,you wher just at wrong place,btw its 50%-50 situation,more off lagg incident

teo113

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
chris130256;n8256 said:
What!!! When!!!! Where!!! What a downer. Thoroughly enjoyed the race till read this! Anybody who races with me knows I'm a fair driver. If I had hit you I'd wait. I would also say sorry. Not at any time did I make contact? Which lap?

Teo, you and Nico made contact and I passed you at that point (midrace I think) but I was 2 seconds adrift at that point. Is that what you're referring too?
hi. no it was when me and you were racing by ourselves about 4 laps from the end. here is video: (uploading)

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Teo, yes your car does get shunted into the wall @4.17? How did that incident not slow my car down and why didn't I feel any impact? Very strange. I too would have been angry with that! Sorry mate. I swear if I had known about it, I would have slowed down to wait. I wasn't getting any lag showing on your car, unlike Niko's!
Pity, the last 7 laps racing with you was epic!

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Elite_Indrek;n8281 said:
i dint say it was your fault,i just sayd i wanted to go behinde hardjo because i hit him and wanted to give him place back,you wher just at wrong place,btw its 50%-50 situation,more off lagg incident
That all I need thanks.Really your sentence
bum Big -Kid hits me,
Should really read
Bum I hit Big Kid,
I didnt change direction , You did lol, I was boxed in with 2 slower cars you on racing line with car in front of you slow and inside line and I just had to slot in somewhere and the bam, got hit with your sudden direction change,still need to see your video as it might tell a slightly different story with a bit of Lag?

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
[video=youtube_share;q55qsC_9U3E]http://youtu.be/q55qsC_9U3E[/video]

Elite_Indrek

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
yeah it would have been great first corner for me ,if someone at the back know when to brake,nice video Nico

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Yes you had a lot of bad luck Indrek, can't believe all that happened to you in one race.

jimmdasen

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
it was a fun race but I was pushed by Penguin Dance 2 times. and I made some costly mistakes in the beginning so I miss a few places at the start.
Q-3
R-8

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Guys - I would just like to make a couple of points which I meant to before but ran out of time. Please note, these are not aimed at anyone in particular, but reminders that would benefit us all.

Qualification

It is your responsibility to have clean track position for a lap. Cars are not obliged to get out of the way on account of speed difference. Now, if you obstruct on an in or out lap you will be subject to penalties, but slower drivers do not have to move over.

Forum Etiquette

Please do not criticise other drivers. There's a difference between claiming someone caused an incident which happens to everyone, but openly criticising the driving of others will not be tolerated. If you do have issues with any drivers, by all means have an objective public discussion but beyond that, please message your co-ordinators if you have an issue you want looking into / clarifying which is not suitable for the stewards forum.

Hardjo

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
The_Real_Moaner sorry for bump in to your car at t1, Indrek sorry for holding you up so Big -Kid hits you
shame about the crash, I was ready to go to battle for the second last place.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Nico's video @ 8.09 and 8.38 Kimi clearly cuts both these corners and after the 2nd corner managed to pass me on the straight. I haven't raced with him before, so don't know if this is a one off? Sort of ruins the results as we could all be a second a lap faster with those lines!

Reactions: Elite_Indrek