PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix - Thursday 27th February - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 - Thursday - Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix - Thursday 27th February - 20:00

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Bigkiddaddy, I was tucked in behind kimi, and by the time we made the corner I was side by side with you and had the inside line, I kept my line as tight as possible and I'm certain there was a cars length left on the track as I passed even tho giving I had the inside line, I had the right to take my line and squeeze you off the track if I wanted to, not that I would ever do that. It was up to you to back off really from my pov as I was already ahead on the exit of the corner. Trust me I didn't and would never do that in purpose, I tried to leave as much room as possible but 2 into that corner is nearly always going to end in disaster. I didn't stop as I don't see that I was to blame for it, racing incident if anything but I right to that corner being alongside you and I stuck to it. Quali: well I found a bit if pace didn't i lol, but damn you nico lol. Race: wasn't expecting to be as strong as I was at all, pretty much perfect race for me, yeah I ran 2 stop, options lap 7, primes lap 17, primes again, trust me tho it's only for the faint hearted lol. Started off ok and then fell 1-2s behind nico as I nearly ditched it in the gravel lap 1/2. Managed to close the gap back up and then hung onto the back of nico in cruise and saved fuel for later in the race, an overtake could have been possible but decided to play it safe and let the strategy do the talking lol. Nico came in on lap 5 as I stayed out and found a big loss off grip for the next 2 laps nearly falling prey to Chris closing on me. Managed to jst bring it in going very careful on the inlap. Came out and found myself in 6th, had really good pace and managed to catch and pass a few guys before coming in again for my last stint on primes. Came out in 4th 3/4s behind the 3 front runners which I didn't realise at the time. I caught up and then realised it was the leaders and picked my moves as I passed all 3, bigkid as known about, then Kimi who repassed me again lol then I managed to get him soon after and then nico which I went slightly slow into the chicken and got tapped by slightly, wasnt his fault tho, mine sorry. I had plenty of fuel left and put a couple of fast laps in on both primes but barely made to the end of the stint, another sector on each set and that would have been me going cliff diving :) really enjoyed the race and sorry about what happen bigkid. Have you got a video so u can how it looked from your pov?

Beeds

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2014
StuntmanNico;n16429 said:
I think that was me BKD, BEEDS went wide, i tried to pass him but he turned in on me like i was'nt there. It sent me spinning off track, into the barrier and back on track again. At that time the car was driving me haha. Sorry if i almost took you and Sultan out. Incident will be in my video.
Sorry nico for contact but i was following the racing line

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali 10th
Race 5th
I didn't quali so that I had fresh tyres for the 1st stint. Spent the first few laps bedding in the new tyres and then slowly moved up the positions. Penguin was ghosting badly so wasn't surprised when he knocked me off the track at the chicane. Not your fault as you had lagging and I didn't lose much time anyway. Found myself in 2nd before my pit stop. Good battle with Pete but I couldn't live with the pace of the front runners.

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
chris130256;n16460 said:
Quali 10th
Race 5th
I didn't quali so that I had fresh tyres for the 1st stint. Spent the first few laps bedding in the new tyres and then slowly moved up the positions. Penguin was ghosting badly so wasn't surprised when he knocked me off the track at the chicane. Not your fault as you had lagging and I didn't lose much time anyway. Found myself in 2nd before my pit stop. Good battle with Pete but I couldn't live with the pace of the front runners.
Yeah that makes sense because on my screen I didn't really hit you, sorry mate I don't know if my connection is always that bad?