PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 9 - German Grand Prix - Thursday 16 January - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 GP2 Thursday - Round 9 - German Grand Prix - Thursday 16 January - 20:00

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The Real Moaner;n2210 said:
A big thank you to all who attend the first ARL Reborn league race which was undoubtedly a huge success.

Commiserations to the maiden pole sitter - Indrek - who DSC between Qualifying and the Race and Congratulations to Prehn - the first winner.

I am sure you all understand it will take to be fully up to speed, we are still waiting confirmation of driver numbers and need to design race threads and standings etc.. but I hope you are all looking forward to the race next Thursday - even though the track is yet to be decided. (Calendar says Spa - race order would be Hungary.)
I actually was on pole. I know the screen said another thing, but I've got it on video. Any way, thanks to everyone for a good race. It's fantastic to see so many back.

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Well great race guys I enjoyes that battles everywhere very clear race 4 me apart from to tap on Lee ans Teo art guys c u all next week

teo113

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
StuntmanNico;n2214 said:
Great race, a lot of very fast drivers in this league. So i was very lucky to get 4th :)
Could have been better but i had a temporary loss of brainpower and hit the inside barrier on the last turn, and had to do a 3 stop instead of 2 stop.
my pace always picks up when being hunted. you were chasing me at the end, but my tyres held up just in time. you planned on a 2 stopper? i tried it in another league and it was quite slow. 3 stops seemed to work better for me! ;)

teo113

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
penguindance;n2230 said:
Really enjoyed that race lots of overtaking and different strategies going on
yes good race. after one of your stops I think you got stuck in traffic? allowed me to escape you somewhat.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
One of the most exciting online races I've had, even though I finished 8th! Constant battles with loads of different people. 11th going into the last lap, there seemed to be a few with worn out tyres?
Very unlucky Indrek.

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
teo113;n2231 said:
yes good race. after one of your stops I think you got stuck in traffic? allowed me to escape you somewhat.
Maybe can't remember I was on an aggressive 3 stop pitting slightly earlier than everyone else so had to fight back through lots of traffic through out the race, which may have cost me in the end. Oh yeah and I made a couple of brief trips to the gravel which didn't help…lol. Oh well.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
teo113;n2229 said:
my pace always picks up when being hunted. you were chasing me at the end, but my tyres held up just in time. you planned on a 2 stopper? i tried it in another league and it was quite slow. 3 stops seemed to work better for me! ;)
Yes was giving ot all i got lol. 2 stop would have been faster for me, but then this happened haha

[video=youtube_share;-6zufdU4IOM]http://youtu.be/-6zufdU4IOM[/video]

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
The league standings can be viewed here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dHNHTWJBSzZnM3VvRlFZRTIzbW4xbVE&chrome=false&gid=110

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how to display the race results.

You will note that at the moment your finishing positions have been entered. This is a temporary solution until a permanent decision is made as to how the leagues will operate going forward.

Once this has been made, you will be informed as quickly as possible but as I am sure you all agree, it is just nice to get back on track again.

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
Fantastic racing guys. Almost made a 2 stop work for me but my tyres were shot with two laps to go.
Sorry Big Daddy for being so slow through the fast sweeping left right on the last lap which I think probably took you by surprise.

Only one sour note. I got nudged of the track at the hairpin, on lap 27 I think, and driver did not wait. I think this was caused by the speed differance with me on a 2 stop having to brake earlier on my worn Primes and other driver on 3 stop on faster Options. Still driver should have waited.

Lee_cocker

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Unlucky indrek, it sucks to see this continuing to happen And I was most certainly gifted 2nd place today as a result. Well, a very exciting and intense race for me, qualifying was jaw dropping, couldn't warm the tyres enough waiting for traffic ahead to start their laps so had really bad grip for the first attempt, came round the last corner to set a banker lap just incase and what do I do, take it too tight and clip my wheel into the wall lol. Started 2nd from last 14th with my team mate teo directly Infront. Had a lot of wheels pin off the line so it wasn't my best start but hung onto the cars ahead and went to take the inside line but noticed someone had a really bad start and I had to switch direction to avoid him probabely worrying the Ferrari behind me (sorry), I came back to the inside and overtook 2 or 3 cars in the first corner, may have slightly scrubbed a few tyres but left enough room to avoid an incident. Hung onto the back of my team mate as we picked the traffic off one by one. I can remember tapping a Redbull or a toro Rosso into t1 which I slowed down for then started attacking again as soon as he passed, passed him soon after. A few laps went by and the traffic started opening up a little so I took the chance to overtake my team mate to the delight of the clear track ahead. Lap 4 came and I found myself in 6/7th. Pitted lap 6 and came out in traffic that I had to make my way through again losing precious time but i have to say it was very enjoyable to do. Now on primes I concentrated on closing the gaps down to the cars ahead and then another gap and then another gap lol all whilst dipping and diving through the traffic. Somewhere around the middle of the race I came out the pits to be stuck behind a very slow moving moaner yet to pit with another car very close behind me looking to make a move. Several times I had to jam on the brakes to avoid going into the back of his car and took evading action a couple of times when we slowed nearly to a complete stop in s1. I had to go for the overtake and the gap was there into t5 so I committed myself to going up the inside. As I closed in and tucked myself up the inside I seen moaner turning into me so I even took half my car off the track onto the grass to avoid a collision but I felt a tap on my right rear and seen moaner going off the track. Sorry m8, I do have respect for you and that but seriously if your a pit stop down and that slow then why hold me up so much, I'm not saying to jst giv me the position but to be defending like that and slowing each other up that much makes no sense, it ruined my chance of a fight for the win and neither of us could have possibly benefited from it, makes no sense. Maybe whoever was behind me can prove how slow u were going but I didn't record as someone pressed start before I could peel the Sellotape to stick my phone down. Anyways I carried on the race as I didn't see it being any fault of mine picking through traffic still as some cars were coming to being lapped. Closed down LSD had a very good fair scrap with him, made the overtake made a small gap then him charging down the inside into t1 lol, had a small tap but no worries m8, was jst an easy mistake, no harm done. Then I had niko to close down who had quite an advantage by this time. I caught onto the back and soon overtook him aswell, I finished on 2 option runs with a gap of about 25s to close down on prahn, first couple of laps on my options I was closing in 1/2s per lap then prahn pitted onto primes with about 12/13 laps left. He came out about 6/7s up the road and I managed to get it down to 2/3s before my options went of and we had a couple of laps matching pace then me losing some. I went in again for options with 7 laps to go and found more traffic when I came out and then again towards the last couple of laps with a Redbull or torro Rosso moving aside but a Ferrari (big kid daddy I think) carrying on holding me and effecting my downforce and grip in corners. I had to make a close contact move going into the chicane losing time and effecting my grip on the exit. That being said towards the end I was taking chunks of time out of prahn about 2/3s per lap to finish 7/8s behind I think. After all that action I was sweating my box off, and considering all the overtakes I had to pull off I'm a little shocked that there wasn't more incidents between me and others, a lot of very close calls but managed to pull through with my team m8 doing the same and finishing just behind in 3rd.

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Lee - these things happen so it is best to move on and not let that incident detract too much from an enjoyable first race.

All I would say however is that I didn't feel I was fighting, I felt I moved offline once to let you past but when you didn't, I resolved to hang on until the DRS straight.

However, it is an obligation that where there is a coming together, you wait for the car that has gone off (unless you think I turned in too much into you and I was at fault.) and that goes for everyone in the league.

Anyway, the race is done so lets focus on moving on and having another great race next week.

penguindance

F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Herbie;n2284 said:
Fantastic racing guys. Almost made a 2 stop work for me but my tyres were shot with two laps to go.
Sorry Big Daddy for being so slow through the fast sweeping left right on the last lap which I think probably took you by surprise.

Only one sour note. I got nudged of the track at the hairpin, on lap 27 I think, and driver did not wait. I think this was caused by the speed differance with me on a 2 stop having to brake earlier on my worn Primes and other driver on 3 stop on faster Options. Still driver should have waited.
That may have been me mate. Yeah was a massive difference in braking points and line through that corner due to tyre. I was on a different line in expectations of you braking earlier and wasn't really sure if I was totally to blame but I probably should of waited perhaps, sorry if you feel I should have it was a split second decision, sorry

Herbie

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
penguindance;n2311 said:
That may have been me mate. Yeah was a massive difference in braking points and line through that corner due to tyre. I was on a different line in expectations of you braking earlier and wasn't really sure if I was totally to blame but I probably should of waited perhaps, sorry if you feel I should have it was a split second decision.

I appreciate you saying that perhaps you should have waited. Thanks Penguin.
Dont worry mate,:cool: we will move on to the next race.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Lee, Im a Sauber driver not Ferrari so must have been someone else. Anyways, What a great race very exciting action packed. Suprised that I qualified first but knew I would struggle to keep that position as had not used PS3 all week. Lap two I went off track on turn one and found myself in a tight pack around 6 or 7th with Sultan behind me. On the back straight me and Sultan was side by side and made sure I left room on the sweeping right hander on that straight, I didnt want to give the position up and heading to the sweeping left hander with Sultan half a wheel in front and contact was made, I waited as Sultan was impacted right off track. Not sure if it was me on the inside outbraking or Sultan slightly turning on me , maybe a combination of both but suspect I may have hit him with my stubborness not to give up place and having to brake harder for that tighter inside line. sorry m8 . I tried to make jumps by coming in early on the pits and it kinda worked but think I had another incident later with someone later on? or went off track not sure. dont worry bout last lap incident Herbie , I saw you maybe battling with anothet car ahead of me and you already had an incident andd when I got there I couldnt avoid you. Full Grids are Fun, if you make a mistake you still can have action lower down.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
No worries Ian, I watched my vid and it does look like you just understeered and I had loads of grip, no matter mate I will put my vid on today for you.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
cheers would be good to look back on some good racing . I should have just yeilded but was hard to where I was in regards to where on track we was and how it played out.

jimmdasen

Rookie
Jan 16, 2014
I had a strange race after I had 11-11 wing it felt like everyone was flying past me. But it was a fun race!!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
jimmdasen;n2491 said:
I had a strange race after I had 11-11 wing it felt like everyone was flying past me. But it was a fun race!!

You had lots of grip coming out of turn one with that 11,11 wing!;)