PS3 - Season 9 - F3 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix - Thursday 20th November - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - F3 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix - Thursday 20th November - 20:00

LochKan

Rookie
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah Moaner you're right it was a stupid idea. If I had stuck to the normal strategy (2 stops), I had you covered. I thought I'd have you covered on a one stop too so I was trying to cross Desimpele's strategy who was in front of me and we had quite similar pace. I did a good job on options, making them last 13 laps, they were all red to the rear. On the other hand I was way too conservative on those primes, they were light orange at the end of the race.

Coming on to the incidents now....

I dunno what happened with turkey in lap one when I was ahead and up the inside of the fast left-right, I supposed someone was on the outside of Turkey and he was stuck between me and another car, and eventually touched me slightly, which had me lose a couple of places but that was not dramatic.

I had a great fight with Desimpele on the opening laps afterwards, he got the position out of me fair and square. We both had quite similar pace. Nevertheless, at around lap 22 or so, I was in front and of course slower, but fighting for my position untill the end as planed. Then he completely nudged me on the second to last corner, put me way into the gravel, damaging my front wing. He of course didn't wait for me which I think was the most unfair thing to do (considering he had pace on me on fresh opt VS old primes + the fact that the next car was far ahead and the car behind was enoughly far away (Moaner). All in all I lost a good 10 seconds. In addition, had he passed me without collision I would've kept my position to Moaner. So in my opinion, in addition to the 10 sec penalty he got from the move, he should've waited for me and that would have been a further 10 seconds regarding my position. I have to say I don't know what the times were like at the end, but once i got passed by moaner, i completely left the throttle too.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Yeah Moaner you're right it was a stupid idea. If I had stuck to the normal strategy (2 stops), I had you covered. I thought I'd have you covered on a one stop too so I was trying to cross Desimpele's strategy who was in front of me and we had quite similar pace. I did a good job on options, making them last 13 laps, they were all red to the rear. On the other hand I was way too conservative on those primes, they were light orange at the end of the race.

Coming on to the incidents now....

I dunno what happened with turkey in lap one when I was ahead and up the inside of the fast left-right, I supposed someone was on the outside of Turkey and he was stuck between me and another car, and eventually touched me slightly, which had me lose a couple of places but that was not dramatic.

I had a great fight with Desimpele on the opening laps afterwards, he got the position out of me fair and square. We both had quite similar pace. Nevertheless, at around lap 22 or so, I was in front and of course slower, but fighting for my position untill the end as planed. Then he completely nudged me on the second to last corner, put me way into the gravel, damaging my front wing. He of course didn't wait for me which I think was the most unfair thing to do (considering he had pace on me on fresh opt VS old primes + the fact that the next car was far ahead and the car behind was enoughly far away (Moaner). All in all I lost a good 10 seconds. In addition, had he passed me without collision I would've kept my position to Moaner. So in my opinion, in addition to the 10 sec penalty he got from the move, he should've waited for me and that would have been a further 10 seconds regarding my position. I have to say I don't know what the times were like at the end, but once i got passed by moaner, i completely left the throttle too.
Don't worry about turn one dude, I got an awful start haha

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Q: 9th I think? Couldn't put in a competitive time again, I really have to stop saying that and just deliver. a top 5 should be doable; again, I say this too often :p

R: 4th.
I started from 9th and the guy in 7th must have dc'd on the grid already since he didn't get away at all. I had to go around him which quite upset my start. After all I still managed to get some places before first corner and in the first corner, with some nice driving, I managed to get out of turn 3 in 3rd. I saw Turkey & Lochkan battling into corner 4 and I made sure I had the better drive coming out of that corner and I did. Before corner 5 I went on the outside (right side) around them, leaving space for the both of them next to eachother. However they collided and to make things worse; they took me off track with it. I found it weird that the game didn't give any of the 2 a penalty for that. At least I think one of those 2 should be punished for pushing me off track; who ever was the fault for the crash. Since it won't change the outcome of the race, I'll leave it like that but I don't want that to happen to me again. I was there at a certain 3rd spot on the first lap, but because of that crash I started my race in last.

I managed to make up some places and indeed had that nice battle with lochkan, taking almost half a lap where we were side by side, enjoyed that!

Later on I tried to make some more places but was making mistakes while I was trying to get closer to the top. some laps I gained just fine, some laps I lost, in the end I lost out more than I gained (plus my pace next stints was slower). I also came across TherealMoaner on a different strategy and he didn't really make it too difficult for me to pass him, which I appreciate from my teammate! tbh I didn't think we were in the same race for position at that time, but in the end he managed to gain some ground on me while I was losing on the ones before me.

Some more later, 22 could be the lap, I came across Lochkan on a one stopper and I was much quicker, gaining a lot each lap. I was really close into 5 & 6 and I kept it clean, which isn't really easy with someone ahead of you there and got close to him into 7 & 8 (the double right hander). he slipped coming out of 8 to the right side, I had a lot of overspeed and was going left over him, but he spun back to the left and hit me there, which cost me all of my speed and he kept the place, I thought he would give it "back" but we kept going. The speed difference was so much that I was instantly again on his toe and could even try something aggresive into both 9, 10 & 11, but I didn't. With a good run on him I decided to go on the outside of him into 14, I made that line clear as soon as I was coming out of 13. (So you have to think that I took the left side from 13 to 14). He kept his normal racing line, braking across the track to turn into 14, but that was just across where I was; I tried to brake and avoid him but I couldn't anymore, for me it was like he came out of nowhere. I did hit him and he went off; I lost parts of my front wing and I got a 10s penalty, I thought he had as much wrongdoing in that incident as me and I kept going. I don't really agree with the 10s penalty (the game just decides that we hit eachother and he went off, so gave me the penalty, the game quite often gets it wrong in easier cases than this; I understand this is harder to interpretate, but in like the lap1 incident, no penalties was weird.), so I kept going. I won't ask to remove the penalty, because first of all I don't have footage and secondly it doesn't change the outcome of the race.

After 2 rounds now, I wasn't really happy with my 6th place in Melbourne because my race was ruined from the start because of lag.
I am however quite happy with my 4th place in Malaysia since it seems this track doesn't really suit me altho I sometimes like driving it.

btw, after united got Dc'd, who became host? (who was the host when we went back to lobby? I went toilet :p) Because that host seemed stable. united has Dc'd 2 on 2 now, don't know where the fault there is, but might wanna check someone else. Because I think herbie dc'd because of the change of host.

Btw Lochkan, I'm sorry we crashed, but I hope you understand now how we got there and maybe we should find eachother on the chat to talk it out. I hope we can have fair races in the future again like in the early stages of the race, that was epic!

• Agree
Reactions: Herbie

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I think it might have made me host. I'll check my footage.

funtex36

Pro Karter
Oct 23, 2014
Race report

Q; 11 not to say i suck at qua li :-D

Race: 8 my best race in this league
Good race strategy and clean race
Vance bumped on 2 round but i think
It Was race incident.

Reactions: chris130256

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q: 9th I think? Couldn't put in a competitive time again, I really have to stop saying that and just deliver. a top 5 should be doable; again, I say this too often :p

I started from 9th and the guy in 7th must have dc'd on the grid already since he didn't get away at all. I had to go around him which quite upset my start. After all I still managed to get some places before first corner and in the first corner, with some nice driving, I managed to get out of turn 3 in 3rd. I saw Turkey & Lochkan battling into corner 4 and I made sure I had the better drive coming out of that corner and I did. Before corner 5 I went on the outside (right side) around them, leaving space for the both of them next to eachother. However they collided and to make things worse; they took me off track with it. I found it weird that the game didn't give any of the 2 a penalty for that. At least I think one of those 2 should be punished for pushing me off track; who ever was the fault for the crash. Since it won't change the outcome of the race, I'll leave it like that but I don't want that to happen to me again. I was there at a certain 3rd spot on the first lap, but because of that crash I started my race in last.

I managed to make up some places and indeed had that nice battle with lochkan, taking almost half a lap where we were side by side, enjoyed that!

Later on I tried to make some more places but was making mistakes while I was trying to get closer to the top. some laps I gained just fine, some laps I lost, in the end I lost out more than I gained (plus my pace next stints was slower). I also came across TherealMoaner on a different strategy and he didn't really make it too difficult for me to pass him, which I appreciate from my teammate! tbh I didn't think we were in the same race for position at that time, but in the end he managed to gain some ground on me while I was losing on the ones before me.

Some more later, 22 could be the lap, I came across Lochkan on a one stopper and I was much quicker, gaining a lot each lap. I was really close into 5 & 6 and I kept it clean, which isn't really easy with someone ahead of you there and got close to him into 7 & 8 (the double right hander). he slipped coming out of 8 to the right side, I had a lot of overspeed and was going left over him, but he spun back to the left and hit me there, which cost me all of my speed and he kept the place, I thought he would give it "back" but we kept going. The speed difference was so much that I was instantly again on his toe and could even try something aggresive into both 9, 10 & 11, but I didn't. With a good run on him I decided to go on the outside of him into 14, I made that line clear as soon as I was coming out of 13. (So you have to think that I took the left side from 13 to 14). He kept his normal racing line, braking across the track to turn into 14, but that was just across where I was; I tried to brake and avoid him but I couldn't anymore, for me it was like he came out of nowhere. I did hit him and he went off; I lost parts of my front wing and I got a 10s penalty, I thought he had as much wrongdoing in that incident as me and I kept going. I don't really agree with the 10s penalty (the game just decides that we hit eachother and he went off, so gave me the penalty, the game quite often gets it wrong in easier cases than this; I understand this is harder to interpretate, but in like the lap1 incident, no penalties was weird.), so I kept going. I won't ask to remove the penalty, because first of all I don't have footage and secondly it doesn't change the outcome of the race.

After 2 rounds now, I wasn't really happy with my 6th place in Melbourne because my race was ruined from the start because of lag.
I am however quite happy with my 4th place in Malaysia since it seems this track doesn't really suit me altho I sometimes like driving it.

btw, after united got Dc'd, who became host? (who was the host when we went back to lobby? I went toilet :p) Because that host seemed stable. united has Dc'd 2 on 2 now, don't know where the fault there is, but might wanna check someone else. Because I think herbie dc'd because of the change of host.

Btw Lochkan, I'm sorry we crashed, but I hope you understand now how we got there and maybe we should find eachother on the chat to talk it out. I hope we can have fair races in the future again like in the early stages of the race, that was epic!
Me and Lochkan didnt touch into turn 4? Everyone was lagging all over the place in the first lap for me so idk :S

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
hmm maybe someone behind us has footage, but I was minding my own business and next thing I know I get spun around off track. I also saw Lochkan next to the track and you were the car in between so dunno what happened there. Eitherway, I don't think it would have changed you winning and I couldn't end up higher than 4th, so no need for any fuzz really, but just wanted to put that in my race report.

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Me and Lochkan didnt touch into turn 4? Everyone was lagging all over the place in the first lap for me so idk :S
hmm maybe someone behind us has footage, but I was minding my own business and next thing I know I get spun around off track. I also saw Lochkan next to the track and you were the car in between so dunno what happened there. Eitherway, I don't think it would have changed you winning and I couldn't end up higher than 4th, so no need for any fuzz really, but just wanted to put that in my race report.
Ok, I don't mind but I just don't remember being next to anyone going into turn 4 let alone taking someone out

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Either way; here is my race report:
Qualifying - 2nd... I lost my drs halfway through my lap which would have got me pole more than likely as I only lost out by 0.1 which is a shame but I didnt mind because I was on the outside line (my preferred line).
Race - 1st. Was a few incidents in the first corner but nothing huge, was battling in the first lap for the advantage and then ended up losing it into the uphill hairpin as don took the lead, he started pulling a slight gap but I knew the best idea was to just keep my tyres, which I did and stayed consistent so I ended up catching pretty quickly, although I struggled to get past. Pitted lap 8 and came out just ahead of nick who was on the option tyres so flew by me, I knew I just had to keep the gap within DRS and didnt plan on overtaking him, even though I did when he made a couple of mistakes (one he went off the track and came back on and slightly hit me, losing him more time than myself). After this his tyres were dead so I just grew a gap and kept it for the last stint, setting 1:37s and 1:38's every lap until the end of the race so I was happy with winning again, but happier that I had to fight for it :)

LochKan

Rookie
Apr 24, 2014

I have to disagree with your version, and unlike you, I have footage to support my version.
First of all, I don't see why you claim a penalty on Turkey or me for T4 incident. I didnt see you and I had the inside line, so clearly I'm not to blame for that one. Taking the outside of that corner sounds risky, but I didnt see you so I cannot say. All in all I want to think that it was a racing incident in T4.

On the other hand, that incident added to the one where you nudged me, these make your driving too agressive in my opinion. To start from your statement where you say you had pace on me, and you took the outside of T14 : I agree with that, but I did have the racing line and was ahead of you, so there was no real opportunity for you to overtake cleanly, consequently you just had to back off m8 (see incident Rosberg and Hamilton in Belgium this year).

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
looks like i missed a solid opportunity to pick up a solid points haul but glad my teammate is able to keep us right with the Mercs. Next week is one of my favourite tracks so im hoping i can break into the top 5 if everything goes my way

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Lochkan let's just talk it out on the chat; no need to argue over forums. I did the same with Turkey and I found out that it must have been lag between turn 4 & 5 because he didn't crash or hit anything at all, while I was thrown off track by a spinning car on my screen. And btw; I did try to back off in that turn once I saw you coming across (I only saw you last minute, the rest of the time you were next my screen so to say), I was still following the curve, hence I locked up into you. I did everything I could to avoid you, not something rosberg did. I really thought you knew where I was and leave me space, why would I risk a crash if I was over 1s faster than you even without DRS and DRS was just coming up.

LochKan

Rookie
Apr 24, 2014
Lochkan let's just talk it out on the chat; no need to argue over forums. I did the same with Turkey and I found out that it must have been lag between turn 4 & 5 because he didn't crash or hit anything at all, while I was thrown off track by a spinning car on my screen. And btw; I did try to back off in that turn once I saw you coming across (I only saw you last minute, the rest of the time you were next my screen so to say), I was still following the curve, hence I locked up into you. I did everything I could to avoid you, not something rosberg did. I really thought you knew where I was and leave me space, why would I risk a crash if I was over 1s faster than you even without DRS and DRS was just coming up.
This makes sense and I believe you, but in my opinion I had the arrows behind me so the line was mine. And I know you were aware that you had a big pace advantage and would not risk a silly move. All in all I think there was no bad intention as I can sense you now how racing works, nevertheless, overtaking can be easily done on the straight when u're faster than in that tricky corner and i think you can admit that. The only thing I'm blaming you for is not waiting for me considering the situation ahead and behind us at that time. Let's finish this over the chat if you want.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Ye, definitely no bad intention. It's idd a tricky corner and I should have waited; I know that now but it's easy to say something after something is done :p I don't think waiting for you would have changed anything and the reason I didn't is above. but it doesn't matter anymore, let's move on. I hope there is no grudge and we can keep racing fair :) btw I've been looking for you on the chat from time to time, but can't seem to find you online; if you see me online, feel free to pm me.

cya all next thursday!

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Its so annoying to know that I would have had pole, the fastest lap and the win in GP2 based on times...[DOUBLEPOST=1416654940][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone have race footage I can watch? I may start recording my races

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I have an Elgato. I recorded Australia and Malaysia. I just haven't had the time to edit the videos.