PS3 - Season 9 - F3 - Round 4: Chinese Grand Prix - Thursday 4th December - 20:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS3 - Season 9 - F3 - Round 4: Chinese Grand Prix - Thursday 4th December - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I actually had some pace in this race, if everyone stayed connected I reckon I could have fought for a podium! We just need to see how other leagues are racing, and just try different hosts until we find one that is consistent

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Pole lap!
i really wish i could be that smooth through turns 1 and 2. they absolutely kill my lap right off the start. i think drs could have improved your lap a bit, and the corner cut at the end probably had absolutely no effect on the results.

also video proof here shows im the 3rd to disconect, i'd like to claim 2 points just to help my championship ;)

• Agree
Reactions: JIM-JakeT

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
i really wish i could be that smooth through turns 1 and 2. they absolutely kill my lap right off the start. i think drs could have improved your lap a bit, and the corner cut at the end probably had absolutely no effect on the results.

also video proof here shows im the 3rd to disconect, i'd like to claim 2 points just to help my championship ;)
Haha! Glad I could help with the video proof ;) Im so disappointed about not having DRS!! Could have been a 36.5 which is pretty insane around china on PS3

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
and in case anyone would want to watch my horrific qualifying session, here it is in all its blurry glory

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
you left the race...
part of the problem here is my screen is unreadable, it says im racing and the only one in the lobby, so i left as i had this problem a couple of times on the last game and the race is actually still going on

JIM-JakeT

F1 Sponsored Driver
Oct 17, 2014
part of the problem here is my screen is unreadable, it says im racing and the only one in the lobby, so i left as i had this problem a couple of times on the last game and the race is actually still going on
oh i didnt realise that sorry!

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
oh i didnt realise that sorry!
its all good. im surprised at how crap the picture is, it just didnt focus like it normally does. thats what i get for using my phone but as a student i dont have money for a capture card after tuition, books, rent, food, beer etc. so it is what it is. the sole purpose is just to capture any possible accidents (for example T1 at Bahrain and Australia) when i get caught up in a collision.

joeforsf1

Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2014
qualy went as it went, marussia understeered badly over practice ferrari so i couldn't rich mix any slow exit, but i knew i had a 38.5 car. couldn't have told that from early part of the race though. on start i did a clean solitary 360 upon changing lanes without arrows warning there would be someone there. took the two positions back on the opening lap. gaps both back and ahead grew worryingly for the first stint, but later on and particularly after the sc left, i was competitive with the remaining top of midpack. it would've been better to take the sc time put on options and find some place to burn the remaining +2 fuel. finally, i'm happy to have fixed the problem with light load pace cos it was rubbish in the earlier races and i was (n) as to why.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
again, I'm not sure how it is on the other AOR leagues, but the races I have done, other than these, the average disconnect I see is lower than 1. Let's make some time together to find a nice host for once, let it be Nick, let it be me, I don't care, as long as we can race instead of making things up.
We tried you in Bahrain. The connections looked good but not everyone could get into the lobby which is the severely frustrating thing about this awful awful game. We can't use the people with the best connections as hosts because not everyone can connect to them. So we end up with a host connection which probably isn't stable enough to host (simply because it's the only way to get everybody into the lobby) and then we get disconnections. While that is an issue, I honestly don't see how we can possibly continue on this game. The way things are going, we'll have several disconnections a week.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Let's try again and see how many people can't connect to Nick or to me. And then see to whom they can actually connect. If with that guy we get 10 disconnects, you have to ask the question, do you start the race with lesser people or do you risk getting disconnects.[DOUBLEPOST=1417781019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pole lap!
Now I understand why you think I brake checked you. You have a totally different line there. I go for the early brake and fight the oversteer while I accelerate into the corner. You go for the dive and fight the understeer while deccelerating. anyway, don't know if you were another lap behind me at that part of the track, but then you can see I always brake around that point.

joeforsf1

Pro Karter
Aug 31, 2014
We tried desimpele in Bahrain. The connections looked good but not everyone could get into the lobby which is the severely frustrating thing about this awful awful game. We can't use the people with the best connections as hosts because not everyone can connect to them. So we end up with a host connection which probably isn't stable enough to host (simply because it's the only way to get everybody into the lobby) and then we get disconnections. While that is an issue, I honestly don't see how we can possibly continue on this game. The way things are going, we'll have several disconnections a week.
i was one of the people in bahrain stuck outside lobby for half an hour as you alternated hosts, desimpele among others. i'm willing to risk dsc or no join in catalunya, for my part use him as host.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
i was one of the people in bahrain stuck outside lobby for half an hour as you alternated hosts, desimpele among others. i'm willing to risk dsc or no join in catalunya, for my part use him as host.
We've tried myself, yourself, @The Real Moaner, @nicknoname777, @Desimpele and @msvance23 as hosts and as far as I can recall, only mine and Msvance's connections managed to get everybody into the lobby. We'll just have to keep going through candidates until we're left with no choice but to give up on this game. Also, the timing of the break weeks aren't ideal for us either. The Christmas/New Years break weeks aren't an option for a test race and the next break after that is all the way in February. @JIM-JakeT, we could try you next but you did say you wanted to test yours out first. A social wouldn't be a very representative test of your connection due to all the extraneous variables; the guys from other leagues.

Is there any other day during the week that everybody is available to have a test race on?

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I can invest some time during the break period to find a host. ofc, I won't know for sure untill all of us are there to test it out...

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
That results table is well and truly depressing, can't believe I am 12th, stupid ass game!

Status
Not open for further replies.