PS4 - PS4 F1 League - Host Discussions | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 F1 League - Host Discussions

Which host worked best for you?

• Andrei Codreanu (Australian GP)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • TyranoTigger (Malaysian GP, Bahrain GP)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Jthorn97 (Spanish GP)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other - I want a different host (please post the name below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
meh, 140 to Sweden, 150 to Romania. although usually there's not much lag.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
my ps4 is wired but here are my wireless results, obviously its always going to be borderline for me. but i've done about 8 races here with minimal issues

• Informative
Reactions: Jthorn97

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Gonna be honest guys, Brandon is not somebody who is often involved in lag related incidents, despite his ping and location. In fact its been other guys with issues.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Gonna be honest guys, Brandon is not somebody who is often involved in lag related incidents, despite his ping and location. In fact its been other guys with issues.
Yes actually I must say that he somehow most of the times avoided such situation, just some rare occasions, but these aren't that noticable, so should be ok'ish with all the options. I just hope that the we don't have de-sync starts, which is the most frustrating one. It kind of happened in every race, but Arwin's one in Bahrain was the biggest one. I also felt it a bit in Spain, but it wasn't that big as his.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Yes actually I must say that he somehow most of the times avoided such situation, just some rare occasions, but these aren't that noticable, so should be ok'ish with all the options. I just hope that the we don't have de-sync starts, which is the most frustrating one. It kind of happened in every race, but Arwin's one in Bahrain was the biggest one. I also felt it a bit in Spain, but it wasn't that big as his.
i think Bahrain was the worst in terms of lag, but then again i had left the lobby and came back in with the DSC so that could've screwed everything up. the lag starts are the worst and takes out the fun of getting a great start and causes all sorts of issues. I was already ahead of Harry by the time he got moving at Spain which put me way too close to you and Thorn. I miss before the the first big update we had (after Canada in the mini-season) because the starts were even and made it a huge reward for nailing the start. right now you could get the worst start on the grid and still be 10m ahead of everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
tom should host imo.
[DOUBLEPOST=1462902864,1462902564][/DOUBLEPOST]
tom should host imo.
it has the best results on paper. lag is inevitable, its going to happen from time to time regardless of the host in the session. my vote goes to the person that'll benefit the grid the most.

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Purely based off those numbers, I like the look of @Sean B connection. Very low ping, U.K. based and upload speed is more than sufficient.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I'm open for continued discussion regarding the host.
Atm we have @Andrei Codreanu (UL: 200mb/s, Ping: 44ms)

Candidates:
@Jthorn97 (UL: 64.16mb/s, Ping: 37ms)
@Birkoff (UL: 203mb/s, Ping: 38ms)
@Sean B (UL: 27.34 mb/s, Ping: 11ms)
@TyranoTigger (UL: 17.71 mb/s, Ping: 22ms)
@oljoca (UL: 18.68 mb/s, Ping: 14ms)

I would like either one of you to take a screenshot of your uploading speed on the PS4. Post it here please.
Please do take me out of the possibilities of hosting. I do not wish to host the PS4 races anymore, as this caused only discussions.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Please do take me out of the possibilities of hosting. I do not wish to host the PS4 races anymore, as this caused only discussions.
I can't force you to host however I want you as an option and I don't see any problems with it.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I can't force you to host however I want you as an option and I don't see any problems with it.
I will join the existing lobby and race on PS4. Nothing else.
If there will be any complaint about my connection on PC, I will drop being the host there as well.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Tbh for me the host didn't really matter, only in austria @Bcolt93 had supreme lag issues but all the other races were relatevly fine (for me at least)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
There is no need for this to be complicated. Just pick someone from the UK and get on with it. Just keep in mind we are still going to have issues with lag whoever the host is.
I really want to investigate who is the most suitable host. I won't require that you post your uploading speed on the PS4 here but it would be interesting to see. Someone might have a really good speed on the PS4.

Anyway, I think we should test @Sean B for the next race.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
I really want to investigate who is the most suitable host. I won't require that you post your uploading speed on the PS4 here but it would be interesting to see. Someone might have a really good speed on the PS4.

Anyway, I think we should test @Sean B for the next race.
Sure

Everyone ready for no collisions 100 percent race in 2014 cars round Azerbaijan for our next league race?

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
just to let you know that internet test was done on wifi. my ps4 is wired by ethernet