PS4 - R7 Canadian GP [27/11/16] 8pm GMT | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 R7 Canadian GP [27/11/16] 8pm GMT

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Such a shame about yday. field fairly close , different tyre strategies and imminent rain, was really shaping up to be a classic.

Poor qualy but 11th gave me tyre choice. Went for softs to carry on til the rain.

11th to 8th after 2 corners, squeezed by sultan I think into turn 3/4 chicane dropping me to about 16th.

Picked up another 3 places by the end of the lap and then tried to keep in touch with the main pack, gain track positions when those on ultras stopped and try and perform well and time stops right in the rain, alas who knows what could have happened !

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I won lapping the whole field in the process :)
AUCTION - Canadian GP Winners:
'I now have a bid of 7 (and a very impressive one it was) but who wants to bid 8...
Anyone? Going once, going twice, SOLD TO THE MAN WHO LAPPED THE FIELD.'
:p

I would assume so, was turning into an interesting race aswell, had a great battle with malaske for the first 6 or 7 laps and a little incident with rutter into the last chicane which caused me to spin but was having a lot of fun battles.
Think malaske made the right strategy call pitting early, i tried to stretch the ultras to the start of the rain but tires went about 2 laps early.
Really hope we rerun the race at some point cos canada is a really fun track to drive
Such a shame about yday. field fairly close , different tyre strategies and imminent rain, was really shaping up to be a classic.

Picked up another 3 places by the end of the lap and then tried to keep in touch with the main pack, gain track positions when those on ultras stopped and try and perform well and time stops right in the rain, alas who knows what could have happened !
I have to say I do agree with you both there, with how the front of the race was and the incoming weather I think everyone might have become a part of a GP for the ages, it is frustrating to have that happen and even though I was in the midfield, I was keeping on eye on my track map some of the time, just to see and believe how close the battle for the lead was between many drivers after 9 laps. Hopefully we'll be in store for something similar whenever the re-run happens.(y)

I had crashed out by then (a rain glitch probably caused by disconnections) and was watching the race when I noticed some AI cars and all the cars were driving slowly in the rain but not putting on wet tyres when the AI had done.
I never noticed any messages say anyone disconnected. And I had no way to know if it was just me who disconnected.
That's surprising to hear and also troubling, if something similar happens again where the game hasn't made you aware of mass dsc's, then I honestly don't know what can be done.:unsure:
Probably whose who definitely know, either by being kicked or seeing the mass dsc's messaging will either have to message other league drivers on PSN or check the league forum, either method could be the best plan of action but it has the potential to cause the same confusion as sunday night, hopefully the mods will come up with a solution for this.:angelic:
And speaking of the Mods, when can we expect to hear from them regarding a final decision? @Defiant195

• Agree
Reactions: Marcus Lindblom

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Lol I remember I had this issue online in a full season of 3 lap races, which I could have won but disconnected with 3 rounds left, I was leading too for good measure.
For those thinking they won.. perhaps look at the actual race times and see who had the fastest one.
A re run does seem appropriate though, @Jthorn97 ?

Rib Ivey

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 18, 2016
I'd love to have the race re-run as i didn't bother going to the end because i saw everyone disconnecting :')

• Agree
Reactions: syluntbob

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Lol I remember I had this issue online in a full season of 3 lap races, which I could have won but disconnected with 3 rounds left, I was leading too for good measure.
For those thinking they won.. perhaps look at the actual race times and see who had the fastest one.
A re run does seem appropriate though, @Jthorn97 ?
We're discussing it

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
And speaking of the Mods, when can we expect to hear from them regarding a final decision? @Defiant195
They may leave it upto the league, and because of xmas day and new years fall on a Sunday I think our only options for a potential full grid are the 12th Feb break or the week after Abu Dhabi.
This Sunday is too soon as some people may have already started practice for the next venue, and may not look on the forum in time to make up the lost practise time.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
We're discussing it
They may leave it upto the league, and because of xmas day and new years fall on a Sunday I think our only options for a potential full grid are the 12th Feb break or the week after Abu Dhabi.
This Sunday is too soon as some people may have already started practice for the next venue, and may not look on the forum in time to make up the lost practise time.
I think that is probably the best solution for all either using the Feb Break week or the week after Abu Dhabi, if that is what is decided then I think a poll should be created so our league can choose which date the Canadian re-run happens.

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
I hope it ain't 1:12's and if anyone in our tier can do 1:12's, that would be good enough to be reasonably competitive in tier 1, let alone tier 2 based on what I read in there.

It'll probably be a tight field this week, especially due to the fact the lap times are quite low in comparison to the average F1 track.

Personally I would expect 1:13's to be the magic number for our tier, though whether that's low, mid or high we'll just have to find out on sunday.:watching:
Rookie Leauge seems to be up there with tier 1 as most of us can do a 12 and some in the 11's and Baku around 1,40 to 1,43

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Rookie Leauge seems to be up there with tier 1 as most of us can do a 12 and some in the 11's and Baku around 1,40 to 1,43
To be honest I've always felt in a way the name of your league is a lie, Rookie League seems unjustified in a way as in the last few weeks when I've looked at time trial leaderboards, I do happen to notice some of the Rookie League drivers setting times capable of mixing it with tier's 1 & 2.
I think the correct name for your league should be the 'Assists League' however I think tier 4 is still justified, there's no doubting you've got fast drivers in your tier - faster then tier 3 & 2 potentially but when I see those times with every assist used, then I do take them with a pinch of salt.

Personally myself even though I have the option of using racing line and automatic gearbox I don't use them I have everything assist off, I'd be quite interested to find out how much slower your fastest drivers in your league are around Baku without any assists. (though I suspect they would still be quicker then me)
But don't get me wrong I'm not slating you or your fellow tier members as that's what the rules for your league are, however when I mention comparing times to the other tiers I'm only ever referencing Tier's 1 & 2 times, the 'Rookie' League is neither here or there simply as you guys use assists.:p

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
That's incredible. I'm no where near that pace. That with a wheel and all assists off? Guess I'm Caltrain slow

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
That's incredible. I'm no where near that pace. That with a wheel and all assists off? Guess I'm Caltrain slow
Rookie league has all assists on ;)

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
To be honest I've always felt in a way the name of your league is a lie, Rookie League seems unjustified in a way as in the last few weeks when I've looked at time trial leaderboards, I do happen to notice some of the Rookie League drivers setting times capable of mixing it with tier's 1 & 2.
I think the correct name for your league should be the 'Assists League' however I think tier 4 is still justified, there's no doubting you've got fast drivers in your tier - faster then tier 3 & 2 potentially but when I see those times with every assist used, then I do take them with a pinch of salt.

Personally myself even though I have the option of using racing line and automatic gearbox I don't use them I have everything assist off, I'd be quite interested to find out how much slower your fastest drivers in your league are around Baku without any assists. (though I suspect they would still be quicker then me)
But don't get me wrong I'm not slating you or your fellow tier members as that's what the rules for your league are, however when I mention comparing times to the other tiers I'm only ever referencing Tier's 1 & 2 times, the 'Rookie' League is neither here or there simply as you guys use assists.:p
Your Right Assists make a difference I know most of the top runners run Assists but my Teammate switched to No Assists and could still do a 1,42 on TT it take a while for most of us to do them times with no Assists that's why it's Rookie