Race on 23rd December - yes or no? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Race on 23rd December - yes or no?

Will you be able to attend the Donington round on 23rd December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys,

Those of you who have been in the league for a while will know that for the last 2 years, the race scheduled in the middle of the Christmas period has been cancelled due to many drivers understandably being busy and unable to attend. This year the Christmas race falls on 23rd December (around Donington Park National), so in order to make a decision on whether or not to do this race, we'd like to know how many of you would potentially have to miss that night due to circumstances unrelated to the league.

We haven't currently decided on an exact number of how many no-shows would be required to cancel it, however this poll will help us make a determination on whether it'd be fair to keep the race on the schedule. If there's only a few drivers that can't make it, then it'll be kept on as that's normal and those drivers can use it as a normal drop week. However if a substantial part of the grid would be missing on that night, it wouldn't really be fair to keep it scheduled.

Note that if it is decided to cancel this race, it will not be rerun at a later date, as we don't have any other time to run it (we obviously can't suddenly schedule a race on a different day than people have signed up for, and we can't extend the season into Week 13 as the gap from one season to the next is already very short).

So please let us know whether or not you will be able to attend the race night at Donington on 23rd December, by voting in the poll at the top of this thread!

Poll will be closed on Monday.

Thanks

@Lorrentz @Steve Kagerer @The Genius @StevieSQ @Ycoms @Hoff @xOwnage133 @RandyMcScrandy1 @lokitekki @heuer91 @VICSALT @Leister-Meister @Osterkamp @xII robo IIx @McPhilen @Mark Forte @Brinkk @UrBaNz Octane x @Gunar Nijenhuis @Dylan Hember @Patrick Kessler @Synergi @J-F Godin @Robert Plumley @Rin Hato @camo @Tye @frejo @Erti147

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Not a problem for me as far as I can see.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If this doesn't go ahead then I hope you get some money back for the broadcasting.

• Winner
Reactions: Lorrentz

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Remember to vote if you haven't already plz. Poll closes tomorrow.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Agree we shouldnt cancel this track kimi Will win the championship anyways :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If the session is already done, and we've paid for broadcasting, then we may as well still do it, if there is a number of people can't do it, then I'd still do it but we could just have it as a non-championship scoring round.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Hm I think Jouni will give Kimi are hard time :dead:

The real question is, now that we heard Kimi, will Jouni sound more like Kimi than Kimi does.
Jouni, interview next time? :hungry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1482170336][/DOUBLEPOST]
as a non-championship scoring round.
Hm that usually doesn't bring out the best in people. There is no orating or SR and if you also cut out the points it's basically a practice race.
Perhaps a reduced point race would be better if indeed too many people are missing

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hm I think Jouni will give Kimi are hard time :dead:

The real question is, now that we heard Kimi, will Jouni sound more like Kimi than Kimi does.
Jouni, interview next time? :hungry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1482170336][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hm that usually doesn't bring out the best in people. There is no orating or SR and if you also cut out the points it's basically a practice race.
Perhaps a reduced point race would be better if indeed too many people are missing
You say this but we had good race pre-season, which was again a none-championship scoring round. Racers are racers, and ultimately that's what we enjoy. I'd quite happily go ahead and take full points for any position I get, but I respect people aren't like me, and do that life thing that I hear mentioned in hushed tones. So in the same way they aren't going to cancel their plans for the sake of a league race, I'm not interested in not racing at all, it'd give the broadcast team another opportunity to smoothen out their issues/own critcisms with a slightly smaller grid and if nothing else, it'll be fun.

... Also it's Donington and it's my home track and pls pls pls pls pls I want to race there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lorrentz

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Adjust the rules a bit and give everyone 4 drop races(being 2 feature and 2 sprint races) instead of 2 since we have twice the amount of races and just Let this race go on

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Adjust the rules a bit and give everyone 4 drop races(being 2 feature and 2 sprint races) instead of 2 since we have twice the amount of races and just Let this race go on
Nah, that's a quarter of the season, that's ridiculous :p

I have a horrible feeling we'll be in the same situation on New Year's Eve Eve.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
To be clear, I want this race as well. Such a great track.
But to be fair, the pre-season race was with 14 or 15 regulars total, so I wasn't surprised to see that it was a clean race!

Anyway, just race this damn track :p

Or just the people that can't start this Friday get an extra drop week. Donington count as one, and then 2 more

Status
Not open for further replies.