Jan 12, 2014
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Pascheck

df75b0a79c29d470d982ec380a2a3dd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Kappa
Reactions: djrabes

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
Remember guys, the race can't be won at the first corner. But it can definitely be lost seeing as how f*****g easy to cut / track extend it is.
Kappa

I also *May* be a no show, due to real world commitments. I will either make it with little to no practice, or miss it completely

Last edited:

Kremaaa

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
What a great first race ... first all the lobby crash, then i got disconnected and can't rejoin, then i finally able to rejoin but only in spectateur !
Hope you guys had a good race but i'm so frustrated right now. Need to wait till next week ! Great game !

SuoBBis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 13, 2014
What a disaster. Bottled my qualy and took jump start, so my race got completely destroyed as I got DTP.
I was able to get to points, but dive by @WarnTyre destroyed my front wing so had to pit for new one. Ofc during my stop I got lapped by race leader @sigro so I could not push and try to catch guys ahed.
Gz @sigro for win, what a sick pace you had mate!

Until next week. I am gonna improve. Cya there :)

n0body_

Jun 19, 2017
That race is definitely one to forget for me, even though I finished a very respectable P4 overall, it could've and probably should've been so much more.

Before I start talking about the actual race, lets just say something about that first lobby. I'm not blaming @Mulchian entirely, but @FisiFan91 did post an update bulletin about not using online championship mode to host, as it's more buggy. It's probably that since @FisiFan91 only shared that he had made this update in the F1 league, @Mulchian didn't know about the changes and went ahead as he thought he should've been. (Don't take any of this to be an attack on either person)

Now for the race, which was by far the most depressing thing I have done on this game to date. Starting with qualifying, I put in a decent banker (22.0 even with a bottled last corner) and then when I came out the pits and was on the buildup lap for my final run, I got distracted of the McLaren of I believe @Daresco into the high speed chicane, cut the first part and then had the "This and next lap invalidated" malarkey. So naturally, I finished the lap to see what it could've been, and it was a 21.5, which would've put me on the second row of the grid. But my banker was still good enough for P7, so I wasn't too disappointed.

The race is where I fell completely out of love with this game. Like everyone else, I planned to do the one stop. So it's all fine as i'm editing the strategy to fit the one stop. But then as soon as we go to the start sequence, I notice that the game has changed me back to completely stock setup over the one I was using. I got an OK start, got up into P5 thanks to other people's mistakes. I made a slightly aggressive move on @PAPA SOKRATIS into Turn 9, and ended up bumping him off the track, so I had to let him go back through (Very sorry if I caused chaos doing this)

But anyways, L9 was the pit lap so I came in and fitted a new set of softs, just as most other people did. And it was here where my motivation to finish the race just stopped. I knew from practice just before the race I had done with a few people before the race that I could lap very consistent high 25's on softs
with my setup. Problem was, I didn't have my setup, and those high 25's turned to mid to low 26's. I was losing half a second per lap over my practice times (You can ask @Marco FD or @Raven for how fast I was looking in practice), and if qualifying went well and I kept my setup in the race, I 100% believe I could've kept up with @sigro and fought for the win.

But it's a long season, and I'm sure hoping that other people have the same sort of issues I had this race, and it's my turn to capitalise. Well, it's done now, nothing I can do to change the result. I'll just have to come back stronger next weekend for China.

I'm also annoyed YouTube decided to only process 2 minutes of my stream to VOD, even though I streamed the whole race. So now I have no proof that this actually happened

#TeamACR

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
That race is definitely one to forget for me, even though I finished a very respectable P4 overall, it could've and probably should've been so much more.

Before I start talking about the actual race, lets just say something about that first lobby. I'm not blaming @Mulchian entirely, but @FisiFan91 did post an update bulletin about not using online championship mode to host, as it's more buggy. It's probably that since @FisiFan91 only shared that he had made this update in the F1 league, @Mulchian didn't know about the changes and went ahead as he thought he should've been. (Don't take any of this to be an attack on either person)

Now for the race, which was by far the most depressing thing I have done on this game to date. Starting with qualifying, I put in a decent banker (22.0 even with a bottled last corner) and then when I came out the pits and was on the buildup lap for my final run, I got distracted of the McLaren of I believe @Daresco into the high speed chicane, cut the first part and then had the "This and next lap invalidated" malarkey. So naturally, I finished the lap to see what it could've been, and it was a 21.5, which would've put me on the second row of the grid. But my banker was still good enough for P7, so I wasn't too disappointed.

The race is where I fell completely out of love with this game. Like everyone else, I planned to do the one stop. So it's all fine as i'm editing the strategy to fit the one stop. But then as soon as we go to the start sequence, I notice that the game has changed me back to completely stock setup over the one I was using. I got an OK start, got up into P5 thanks to other people's mistakes. I made a slightly aggressive move on @PAPASOKRATIS into Turn 9, and ended up bumping him off the track, so I had to let him go back through (Very sorry if I caused chaos doing this)

But anyways, L9 was the pit lap so I came in and fitted a new set of softs, just as most other people did. And it was here where my motivation to finish the race just stopped. I knew from practice just before the race I had done with a few people before the race that I could lap very consistent high 25's on softs
with my setup. Problem was, I didn't have my setup, and those high 25's turned to mid to low 26's. I was losing half a second per lap over my practice times (You can ask @Marco FD or @Raven for how fast I was looking in practice), and if qualifying went well and I kept my setup in the race, I 100% believe I could've kept up with @sigro and fought for the win.

But it's a long season, and I'm sure hoping that other people have the same sort of issues I had this race, and it's my turn to capitalise. Well, it's done now, nothing I can do to change the result. I'll just have to come back stronger next weekend for China.
dont blame mulchian cause i told him how to set up the lobby and i didnt read fisis last memo about the switch to regular lobbies

Mulchian

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 6, 2017
First of all, sorry guys, it was completely my fault that the lobby crashed. I wanted to make a quick change on my desktop and then I wanted to get back to the game and I had a black screen.
Next time I handle it better ;)

n0body_

Jun 19, 2017
No problem, I was kinda happy that it crashed because I put the wrong setup on and was about a second off where I should've been in quali

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
Well... this F2 is not the Split 2 I was used to in the last 2 seasons :D Going from the top few to almost the back is quite demoralizing... but I accept there are a lot of fast people this season.

I did a 1:22.5 on my first quali lap then I was 4 tenths up before the fast chicane, then I managed to cut that so that lap went into the trash. 1:22.1 would've got me 3-4 places better but it was P16 at the end.

I started on the supersofts and had a blast on the first 4 laps, went from P16 to P9 and felt very confident, then a sudden oversteer moment on lap 5 sent me into the wall at the end of Sector 1. Luckily I escaped with a half red front wring (on simulation damage I would've been rekt for good). But unfortunately I bounced back from the wall onto the track, didn't ghost, and @Mulchian hit the back of me and sustained similar front wing damage, which consequently ruined his race. I apologized to him and we agreed there was nothing I could do, I was a passenger at the time in the car, I tried getting out of the way. I let him go after the crash.

I pitted at the end of lap 5 for a set of Softs, I didn't want to give up on my 1-stop strategy. I did 24 laps on that set of tyres and I was properly sweating at the end in fear of a puncture:

upload_2017-10-2_11-20-30.png

Luckily I finished without problems and because people had bigger penalties around me than I had, I ended up in P9.

So it was kind of a rollercoaster P16 -> P9 -> P17 -> P9. Overall I'm glad to have finished in the points, but it could've been much much better. I had very good tyre wear so I'm confident I could've done the SS-US 1 stop strategy and that would've earned me a spot in the top few places for sure. But tomorrow is another day.

My first few laps and my f**kup:

SuperRace_PL

Pro Karter
Jul 11, 2016
I guess we put our post-race comments and videos, so here is mine...

Definitely not a bad race for me, was a bit nervous in the first quali especially when I destroyed Kremaaa on his Quali lap.

I did 1:22.2 in the second quali which was pretty good although I could push for under 1:22's .
I started on P8 but had to avoid contact at Turn 1 to avoid collision.
I made few mistakes during the mid part of the race but for majority of the race I stayed at P7, luckily I passed PapaSokratis on the last lap and finished on a solid P6.
However I was even to djrabes when it came to official race time. Sadly it put me behind him :(
remis.JPG

My video:

Reactions: Desmond0313

B4sti

Pro Karter
Aug 20, 2017
my race was a race to forget starting off with quali : so i had the pace to do a 21.5 atleast and on my final run i was doing a 21.5 but i bottled it like all my other quali laps so starting from p19 is not really optimal considering where i shouldve been
the race then was a disaster i was really cautious going into turn 1 cuz i expected people to crash out or do some kind of mistake gained 2 positions there which is ok then i made my way up to the highspeed chicane and some guy was going like 50 mph i couldnt avoid him and and got some minor front wing damage so i had to pit and since i started on softs the game didnt let me choose another set of softs so i had to take super softs so i really gave it everything i could and later on lap 12 i crashed into a wall and then retired my race was over then for some points rip me :D

PAPA SOKRATIS

Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2017
Cant describe the race difffent than no grip. Struggeling the hole race and quali only to hold the car on the track. Never had sometging like that in my racing carrer. I am pretty happy to finish p7 . Since i had no practice ( 3 time trial laps if you want to call it practise) and a head and stomach who said stop it every 30 sec (pretty hard party weekend :D ) so i am pretty haooy vecausw thought would finish last today :D

Some good battles with @n0body_ and his teammate. Some a little bit to hard ;D .
Looking forward to china and less penaltys
And sorry for my teammate @Mulchian hes a noob ;D and doesnt know what to do

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: djrabes and n0body_

n0body_

Jun 19, 2017
Well reading about some of the problems the other tiers were having, I think we got off fairly lightly to be fair. No one was really lagging like crazy from what I could see, and there were 1-2 problems with cars parking it in qualifying, but none in the race.